Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slimband formerly TLBC Clinic Toronto On

I clicked on it and gave them my feedback of this forum and let me say it's not a glowing review and I"m still stuck with the stupid icon there. You'd think once you gave your feedback once it would disappear.

On a side note, if anyone knows how to remove your profile from here can you let me know? I have gone through their FAQ and other help topics and i can't find where I can de-activate. I'm so disgusted with this site that I'd just as soon that my whole profile and all my posts be gone. :laugh::thumbdown::thumbup::thumbdown::lol:

Hi Doddie, I have that too but no idea how to remove it. :laugh:

Thanks Donna. Now I know it is not a bug but it is unusual that the website has not notified us of this popup. It is not like the use advertising and I really don't like the idea of judging something that I do not know where the information is going to and how it will be used.

:)

Thanks Donna. Now I know it is not a bug but it is unusual that the website has not notified us of this popup. It is not like the use advertising and I really don't like the idea of judging something that I do not know where the information is going to and how it will be used.

I don't see the popup.... but I am curious why my post saying congrats to Sandy was deleted ... all I said was congrats and before you go you might want to make sure that you have your post op care covered....

Not sure what was editable in that post but... apparently something was!

Heather

:thumbup:

I don't see the popup.... but I am curious why my post saying congrats to Sandy was deleted ... all I said was congrats and before you go you might want to make sure that you have your post op care covered....

Not sure what was editable in that post but... apparently something was!

Heather

Maybe we've entered the band Twilight Zone. :)

The pop up is gone this morning so maybe it takes 24 hours to register that I actually filled out their feedback form.

Heather your post was probably deleted because you had quoted another post that was deleted. Not sure why they wouldn't just delete your quote but leave your original post.

Yet another reason I'm liking this site less and less.

There is a link that you can register you comments to the owner of this website which I will be doing. One of the comments will be that when a post is deleted the poster be notified by e mail as to the monitors objection. The canadianlapbanders website notify you privately if a poster breaks the rules. That way the poster knows what they have done wrong and can be mindfull of their posts in the future. Not being told just leaves the poser angry and frustrated. :):confused::thumbup:

Wow, for some reason I've stopped being notified when there is a new post on this thread (or site, I'm not sure) but wow, what a lot that has gone on! Thank you Heather for posting that information about the crashed party. I can't believe that people would behave that way!

What a cut-throat world lap band is!

And perhaps it is time to start to find another place to post that we can say our opinions without the post being removed. I am so glad you guys explained what was happening and then Heather managed to quote some of it again, as I wondered if I was going mad!

I have to say that TLBC would have been much better off not saying anything about Jill when asked except a polite "she left to pursue other interests" and left her alone now. This has not done their reputation any good at all, as by their initial silence, and then that nasty comment about her being fired has only made them look bad, not her. I'm sure there is an expression but saying bad things about a person makes the teller look bad, not the subject. Something like that.

I'm up for a monthly topic Heather. I replied to you in the Slimband site, but I'm not getting notifications on that either! Oh well.

Thanks for all the info ladies!

Mary

Mary you may have to go into your profile and look how you have indicated you want to be notified. For instance, some sites I have ticked no notification, others I have subscribed to and others I have asked for instant notification.

How have you been doing lately.

There is a link that you can register you comments to the owner of this website which I will be doing. One of the comments will be that when a post is deleted the poster be notified by e mail as to the monitors objection. The canadianlapbanders website notify you privately if a poster breaks the rules. That way the poster knows what they have done wrong and can be mindfull of their posts in the future. Not being told just leaves the poser angry and frustrated. :confused::confused::)

Just FYI , the post that was deleted the OP ( original Poster ) Was notified of the rule that was broken via PM . There were so many questions on the board about why the posts were deleted I posted the reason on the board as well.

Posters are NOTIFIED Via PM if a post is deleted in most cases.

If anyone has any complaints about LBT your more than welcome to either report a post ( if its about a post ) or email Alex the owner.

No site is going to be perfect . Sites will have their issues.

For the most part LBT does not like to "Police" the board.

And FYI what gets deleted and does not has NOTHING To do with who pays for advertising. The rules are set up when you come on the board. They are emailed to you and are on the board at all times. If the rules are broken we will notify someone of that and taken proper action .

Thank you

Mindy

Wow, for some reason I've stopped being notified when there is a new post on this thread (or site, I'm not sure) but wow, what a lot that has gone on! Thank you Heather for posting that information about the crashed party. I can't believe that people would behave that way!

What a cut-throat world lap band is!

And perhaps it is time to start to find another place to post that we can say our opinions without the post being removed. I am so glad you guys explained what was happening and then Heather managed to quote some of it again, as I wondered if I was going mad!

I have to say that TLBC would have been much better off not saying anything about Jill when asked except a polite "she left to pursue other interests" and left her alone now. This has not done their reputation any good at all, as by their initial silence, and then that nasty comment about her being fired has only made them look bad, not her. I'm sure there is an expression but saying bad things about a person makes the teller look bad, not the subject. Something like that.

I'm up for a monthly topic Heather. I replied to you in the Slimband site, but I'm not getting notifications on that either! Oh well.

Thanks for all the info ladies!

Mary

Mary,

I wasn't the one who posted the info about TLBC, I don't have any issues with them... I think it was Sandy who posted.. just so you can give credit where credit is due. I don't know Jill at all or anything about her other than what I have read on here from people... good and bad and frankly the whole thing just screams DRAMA to me.

My theory about the whole thing is there was no one who was actually there to witness it, everything is second hand stories... so there are two sides to every story and somewhere down the middle is the truth. And I am not in the middle or on either side so I refrain from commenting on this one... I only mentioned that Slimband can't remove posts only LBT can do that.

Heather

I would like to step in to reinforce what Coltonwade has said.

Doddie, I responded to your question in the suggestions forum, but did not realize this was the thread you were reffering to at the time.

As Mindy already pointed out, one of our rules is that you must report from first hand experience. The incident that was reported in this thread was not from the posters experience, it was based upon what she heard from someone else. As it was quite an "inflammatory" post, we, per our rules, deleted the post. As advised upon when you join LBT, of which you agreed to:

We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the Forum. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation.

We apologize if this has made any of you unhappy. We strive to not over-moderate the forums, and welcome everyone to post on LBT, seek advice and offer advice. However, as with any forum you would join, there are some rules that we simply must enforce. You are welcome to discuss the topics in question with one another via pm, but not publicly.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me a pm.

Thank you.

Edited by *Susan*

Thank you Susan. You post was very thoughtful and well put. Tehre are times that a person can get caught up in an issue and post in such a manner it breaks the rules. As some posters said, they didn't know why they had been deleted and what they had done. I am glad you explained.

My post was deleted and I didnot recieve a message as to why. Now I know that it is the orginal poster you contacted, I can assume I did not break the rules.

Just FYI , the post that was deleted the OP ( original Poster ) Was notified of the rule that was broken via PM . There were so many questions on the board about why the posts were deleted I posted the reason on the board as well.

Posters are NOTIFIED Via PM if a post is deleted in most cases.

If anyone has any complaints about LBT your more than welcome to either report a post ( if its about a post ) or email Alex the owner.

No site is going to be perfect . Sites will have their issues.

For the most part LBT does not like to "Police" the board.

And FYI what gets deleted and does not has NOTHING To do with who pays for advertising. The rules are set up when you come on the board. They are emailed to you and are on the board at all times. If the rules are broken we will notify someone of that and taken proper action .

Thank you

Mindy

Mindy I know you did not intend to sound the way your post does, but I resent the tone of your post. I did nothing wrong other than suggest to the owner that posters be notified. Someone deleted my post and I had no idea what I had done wrong.

I still disagree with both the sites monitors because I have read many posts on here that are people talking about something they heard or happened to someone else and they were not deleted. I also agree with Donna that when TLBC/Slimband's Director of Marketing Lisa Borg put a post on this site stating that Jill had been fired that post was never deleted?

I spoke to Adele the Pschothearpist that was involved in the incident at Jill's open house and how anyone can say there are two sides to a story I'm very confused by that comment because how can there be another side to showing up at her open house? No one has the right to bully their way into a ex employee's new business venture. At the end of the day it just shows that the level of professionalism that TLBC/Slimband has. The more contact I have with this group the more disappointed I am. I have left 3 messages for Dr.Yau in the last week and have yet to hear back from him. I have attended a supercharge seminar and I found it boring and didnt feel it was a group activity. I find Jody is dull and I can't connect with her because she isn't banded and doesnt have a weight problem so she can't know what I'm going through. Another thing that they do not get is the accountability of attending a program, when I was told they would not be weighing me in and giving me my weight breakdown tab I was shocked! That provides a weekly goal for me. Apparently I now have to make an appointment to have Nancy weigh me in and it can only be certain days a week? But I have come to the decision that if TLBC/Slimband can't bring the programs that I need then I need to find them else where whether I have to pay for them or not because I have already spent $16K at TLBC ...(which the more I hear about how much the surgery is going for in Mexico makes me resent the money I paid that organization).... and the end result is I want to get to my goals and be healthy and if TLBC/Slimband can't provide this even though I have paid all this money then I have to look elsewhere! So Jill is the answer to my problems with her different programs. I love the idea of being able to go weigh in once a week and have a quick pep talk and on my way! Her accountability program is perfect for what I need and fits my lifestyle.

I'm hoping this post stays! If anyone is interested in any of the programs I'm speaking about just drop me a line and I will give you the contact info.

Enjoy the afternoon everyone!