Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slimband formerly TLBC Clinic Toronto On

Hi: Thanks for the information on the body bug. As for Jill, I wish her all the success in the world. If anyone can be successful she wil be. Having lost a lot of weight, being a chef and dietician/nutrionist she will be a wonderful helpful person. But for me, sorry, I live in British Columbia and I can't drop in. Wish her well for me please.

Doodie I ordered my body bug from the Biggest Loser website (www.nbc.com/biggestloser) Go to shop section and its there. I paid $249 US plus tax and I love it!!!

Also I just spoke with Jill Seward and the address for her open house is 717 Bloor St.W Toronto. She said she will be there to talk about her programs on Obesity Coaching. She is very excited to touch base with everyone and thanks for all the love and supporting calls, emails, and cards she has received. So if you have time tonite or tomorrow stop in and see Jill!

Edited by Doddie63
typos

Doddie,

You can order it online from APEX.com, I got it as part of my personal training at the gym.. so sign up for so many sessions and the body bug is your reward... woohoo.

I dont have it yet it was in transit and so am I, but when I get back to CO it should be waiting for me... so I will start wearing it and experiencing the joy of something strapped to my arm all the time.

I have to say the personal training has helped make a huge difference for me.. I will show up when I am paying a man to make me sweat and I am hitting the gym while in CO a lot more.

Home is harder since I haven't joined a gym here and I don't want to since I am only home two weeks out of 10 or so. Between that and my schedule of seeing people it has interfered tonight I will conquer the gym again. I figure worst case scenario I can use the local fitness centre done by parks and rec people.

H

Hi Heather, I'd be interested int doing Long-distance Boot Camp.... I live 2 1/2 hours from the Clinic so it's pretty impossible for me to get there to do it.

Hi Heather, I'd be interested int doing Long-distance Boot Camp.... I live 2 1/2 hours from the Clinic so it's pretty impossible for me to get there to do it.

OK this is just my idea nothing to do with Slimband so do not hold them accountable... but I posted on the myslimband site and since it is locked down to slimband/TLBC patients it would be nice to host it on there because it will be our own small group that is manageable.

Here were my thoughts so far... and I already posted this on myslimband.com

I was thinking more along the lines of a thread that is ours, where we make our commitments for group and additional commitments as we go..

I was thinking something along the lines of choosing a theme for the month or a theme for the week. We could start with a focus on eating, working out anything we want as a group we would choose the theme of the week or month...

So we would make the commitment to the group for the duration of the group, then another to the theme of the week or month.

In addition there are dozens of free podcasts that we could suggest to each other a webcast or podcast or article to read that ties into our theme as an individual weigh in for the comments on the webcast, article or podcast.

In addition we can add a weigh in for those who are in the weight loss phase and want that accountability added. We can also set up a chat room if that would help people there are several free rooms or if we are on msn or yahoo you can do a linked IM chat on there too.

Thoughts comments etc?

Heather

:confused:

Wow! Sandy thats is incredible! I was suppose to go on Wednesday nite but unfortunately I had a minor car accident in the afternoon on Wednesday and was unable to go. I wouldnt have wanted to be there! I'm meeting with Jill later today so I hope she is ok.

Good luck with your surgery Sandy, I have heard good things about the clinic you are going to! I have the name of a great nurse practionier that does fills and defills so just drop me an email and I will set you up.

I'm embrassed that TLBC/Slimband acted this way! Wow! I've been in business for 15 years and I have never heard of crazy behavior like this. I think Lisa maybe needs some anger management treatment!

Good luck Sandy! I look forward to meeting you at Jills program next week!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone!

I wish Jill all the best in starting up her own business in supporting bandsters. I met her at a previous Bandster Bash in/06 or /07, and she was very friendly and helpful even though I was not a TLBC patient. I can not fathom employees of any clinic crashing her open house and behaving in this manner and would hope this was not true. :unsure:

All I can say is - I am shocked. If Jill has contact info please pm me the details. I know alot of people who have had gastric bypass and duodenal switch weight loss surgeries and may be interested in her program for extra support.

Good luck wherever you get banded but if you do choose Mexico just be sure to have somewhere lined up for fills here. :rolleyes:

Thanks Donna, I will get Jills info for you and message you with it. Yeah I was worried about the fills and defills but I was given the name of a nurse practionier that does fills and defills and also the Dr. from Mexico will send home a kit for my family doctor that gives the info on how to fill and defill.

I will get that contact info for Jill to you right away.

Slimband can't remove your posts no one can do that except the lapbandtalk moderators and I would guess that is a paid position with strict rules. You can edit your own posts... but someone can complain and have a post removed. Since you mentioned someone's full name and associated them with a business it could be considered libel (I always mix up slander and libel one is written and one is spoken)

This is an american site so I would imagine they are even more afraid of lawsuits. This is a commercial site that makes a lot of money and they have to protect themselves.

Edited by *Susan*

I'm very confused right now because my previous post has been deleted? Does TLBC/Slimband have the power to remove posts from this site?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

If you look NEXT to your posts it explains why the post was deleted, I am not up to speed on the story behind it , but I suspect this one will be as well . Mods, Admin and the owner of LBT are the only one's who remove posts.

Mindy

Good for you Sandy for re posting! I'm so disappointed with TLBC/Slimband but now this really takes the cake! I look forward to meeting you at Jills "Why Weight" Course! It will be great! I have two girlfriends that are not banded but they are looking to lose weight so I can finally experience this journey with them! And I read through the program Jill has created and it looks really great! Working with Jill while she was at TLBC and in the past couple weeks she has been coaching me I have really done so well with my weight loss. I had really plateau for a while and since getting back together with Jill I have lost 17 pounds in 4 weeks! Her program is solid!

Also don't worry about fills and defills after your surgery I found a great lady that does them and she works out of 2 offices so she is so easy to book with!

If you need any information on Jills programs drop me a message with your email address and I will email you a flyer I have.

Enjoy your weekend!

Just FYI the posts are being deleted due to the following rule on LBT

6. Don't report other people's experiences as truth. Share your own experiences, thoughts, opinions, theories at will.

Mindy

In fairness, I remember when an employee from SlimBand posted here stating that Jill was fired and I don't think that was ethical at all. I hope that post was removed but I don't remember that happening.

As to only posting our own experiences, many of us on this board have posted anecdotal experiences of others. For instance that we know of people who had terrible time finding aftercare fills after banding in Mexico. I don't remember those posts being removed...

I guess it all comes down to this is a for profit board that depends on clinics for advertising dollars.

Do others have a little icon on the bottom right side of the monitor "give feedback". If so, how do I get rid of it.