Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 26th

I had my follow-up today with the doctor today. They said I was doing great. I'm now allowed to do some light weight training (no more that 15 pounds at a time) and I'm supposed to walk 10 minutes a day. I'm starting to get a bigger appetite as well, but I'm drinking my Protein fortified Water and that helps. Cream Soups, pudding, yougurt and applesauce this week. More fat and calories, so I will have to be careful.

My first adjustment is scheduled for February 24th.

I really don't care who knows about my surgery. If someone asks I'll tell them. My family and a couple of people at work know so far.

Well, I have had my first post-surgery call to my doctor, unfortunately he's in surgery so I'm calling my primary. I have broken out in hives all over my stomach. I tell ya.

I did a search on LBT and found out that a lot of people have this type of reaction to the tape on the steri strips. I'm hoping I can put some topical benadryl on it and take some oral benadryl but I want to make sure that's ok.

I tell ya, if it's not one thing it's another. I'm doing great other than the rash, even the gas pain has eased a bit today, whoo hoo!!

Hugs everyone, hope you have a good night.

Christy

Hello fellow 26-th-ers!! I just found this site and love it! I have been shocked by how little pain the whole thing was. I only had a few gas pains in my shoulder and thats it!! I was sitting at home bored two days later and happy to go to work that Thursday! I have been doing a liquid only diet too and when I had a little creamy Soup I thought I was in heaven too!! Is anyone have problems with their stomachs growling constantly??...it's getting to the point that I'm embarressed b/c people hear them..

Welcome Summertime! My stomach is not growling as much now, but it has been growling a lot for the last week (more like gurgling). I'm actually going to eat thin oatmeal this morning (yum). Lost another pound yesterday, but my doc warned me that I might gain a little of my weight back as I move toward solid foods. I ate about 1400 calories yesterday, but still I estimate it is less than half what I was eating before my pre-surgery diet.

Craig

Welcome Summertime!

Hey Summertime!

Welcome to the group!

Hey guys(ladies included),

I finally got a decent night's rest. Able to sleep on both sides but less on the port side. I also notice that my stomach is not creating the music it once was. It was so loud one night, my husband that it was his stomach.

Not as much gas as early last week(wow)!

I've driven a couple of times with no problem. My only instructions were to make sure I was no longer taking pain medicine.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

YT

Hi everyone. I was banded on Jan. 26th also and just found this thread. I am feeling much better now and onto pureed foods. It will be great to have somewhere to come to compare notes and get/give encouragement!

Hey guys and welcome Summertime!

First of all I'm doing good, still on liquids but including Soups without lumps in so that makes me feel better. Still some soreness to the upper left of my navel where the actual band is so I know I need to be careful about what I eat, there is obviously still some swelling. It would be so easy to start eating things that I wasn't supposed to but I am a scaredey cat!:cursing: My dietician called me yesterday and reminded me that I can't start mushies till next week!:frown: I have bought my tins of refried Beans though in readiness!:tongue: My gas pain has gone and the stomach grumbling has more or less gone too. I've driven the car which was OK apart from the speed bumps of which there are many where I live!:huh2: I also found it difficult to twist round to check what's coming when reversing so I am only making small journeys.

Christy, I'm sorry to hear about your rashes, what did the doc say? Can you use the benadryl?

Tiare, sorry but I am OK on the energy front. Are you getting enough Protein? Ask your doc next time you visit or give him a call and see what he says. Maybe you just need some time to recover fully.

Craig, we will all have days where we eat more than we would like to do so don't worry about it. 2300 calories isn't that bad! Just get back on track and put it behind you. We are in a similar boat to recovering alcoholics, we're in the first stages of getting help for our food addiction but we can still fall off the wagon so easily, especially as we do not have any restriction yet. I think it will be easier when we get restriction and can actually feel it. So take care everyone and don't undo the good work we have all put in so far. Use this site and look at some of the more positive threads to help you if you need it.:thumbup:

Hi Jewel and welcome! So glad you found us here in the monthly sub forum! We were posting at the same time! How are you feeling?

You are lucky to be on pureed foods, I am still on liquids for another week and long for some pureed foods!:cursing::drool:!!

What are you pureeing? I have bought some refried Beans but apart from that I haven't really thought of what to puree. All ideas welcome!!