Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

reminded me of the stupid thread here if those 200lbs or less deserve to have the lapband......so the super mobidly obese gets to decided how an obese person should handle their health.....

Heh, heh, I hate that thread too.

I have to agree with all that have stated that it is time for Mike to grow a pair. I think he will once the show is over, but right now the only one he can depend on is his dad.

I would love to know how much his (Mike) has changed since the show is over.

To me Mike is changing and growing up little by little on the show..just small changes but they are there.

Just remember he did decided to pick Jillian instead of Guru Bob which didn't make daddy dearest too happy. I don't think he flipped a coin in order to choose. I think he said that not to hurt Bob's feelings.

I think that hopefully Ron will be going home this week coming up!

Oh and Tara still Rocks!!!!!

Any thoughts?

Think you're right. However, even though I believe the others know he had WLS, they may not know it is still functional. He may not have told anyone, except maybe Mike, and the dr. sure can't tell the others. So, he may be letting them assume that his pouch stretched and he is doing it all on his own. That would fit his MO.

i think you can eat your way around ANY wls & you can be successful eating right & exercising - so yeah, i think his bypass is working now because he's in a healthier environment.

as far as not completing tasks (ron & kristin) - i wouldn't let them have a vote in who stays & who goes......no play, no say.

Definately can eat around WLS.

As far as no vote allowed if you don't finish, I agree 100% there. That is just making it look even worse for him. If I were on the ranch and someone pulled that crap, I would be voting them off as soon as I got a chance. If you can't give it your all, go home.

If you are going to say that you only get immunity if you actually lose weight, they should have a rule that says if you aren't going to give the challenges your all, then you don't get to vote.

I'm getting really tired of how at EVERY SINGLE CHALLENGE Ron will start it, then just stop, saying "Oh, I'm so far behind, I can't do it anyway, I'll just stop now, no point in even trying to finish..." At least most people TRY to finish what they start on this show, even if they know they lost.

I think I have a pretty good idea of how Ron is losing weight without working out as hard as the others. This show is loving ragging on his bypass, saying how it failed him, etc. BUT I hope you all remember when they were showing his xrays and the doctor said that his pouch is still intact/still the size of an egg or whatnot. Hello! His bypass is still functional! The difference now is that he has to eat healthier while at the ranch. I'm surprised none of his fellow contestants have realized this. He's finally losing weight because he's eating healthier and the bypass is probably doing its job now.

Any thoughts?

That makes EXCELLENT sense. He will be the first one to gain it all back once home. I'll bet the farm on that. The guy's not really serious about this, yet he wants to dictate who "doesn't deserve" to be there.

I felt sorry for Max but at the same time I felt a bit disgusted because he's so into self-pity he actually looked like he resented his brother's success. On a purely human/emotional level I can understand that but still... if you love someone, you should Celebrate their success--not compare how their success makes you an even worse failure. It's that kind of mentality that probably holds him back in life as well as weight loss.

That may have held him back in the past, but let's hope his family's success will propel him forward.

His feelings are not uncommon. How many of us, upon seeing somebody we know or care about after major weight loss, didn't feel a tinge of jealousy/upset/self-assessment? I know I have. And this kid's only 17, so even moreso.

I HOPE Mike can help the kid once he goes home, because I belive Ron will continue to be the slovenly bum he's shown himself to be all through the show and go back to being 400+ pounds.

I have to agree with all that have stated that it is time for Mike to grow a pair. I think he will once the show is over, but right now the only one he can depend on is his dad.

The thing that worries me for Mike is, since he follows his dad like a puppy, will he also be collateral damage once they get home and Ron goes back to his old way of living? Will Mike be able to break free of daddy, or will he follow him back up the scales? I hope it's the former and not the latter, but until he sees his dad the way the rest of us do, I'm afraid his dad will lead him down the path of failure.

The good news is that Mike is going to be in college--that's why he gave his year of free groceries to Aubrey. Hopefully he can keep it up since he'll be away from his dad (assuming he doesn't go to college too close to home).

That may have held him back in the past, but let's hope his family's success will propel him forward.

His feelings are not uncommon. How many of us, upon seeing somebody we know or care about after major weight loss, didn't feel a tinge of jealousy/upset/self-assessment? I know I have. And this kid's only 17, so even moreso.

I HOPE Mike can help the kid once he goes home, because I belive Ron will continue to be the slovenly bum he's shown himself to be all through the show and go back to being 400+ pounds.

I agree with you, Beth. He's only 17 and immature. Shucks, when I see someone that is losing faster than me, the lil old green monster creeps up on me and I have to stop it. I do hope that Mike helps him and I think that Mike has some self-esteem and he might keep his weight off. Ron, I think will go back to old ways and say that the WLS is still not working. Time will tell when the finale comes.

I'm getting really tired of how at EVERY SINGLE CHALLENGE Ron will start it, then just stop, saying "Oh, I'm so far behind, I can't do it anyway, I'll just stop now, no point in even trying to finish..." At least most people TRY to finish what they start on this show, even if they know they lost.

I think I have a pretty good idea of how Ron is losing weight without working out as hard as the others. This show is loving ragging on his bypass, saying how it failed him, etc. BUT I hope you all remember when they were showing his xrays and the doctor said that his pouch is still intact/still the size of an egg or whatnot. Hello! His bypass is still functional! The difference now is that he has to eat healthier while at the ranch. I'm surprised none of his fellow contestants have realized this. He's finally losing weight because he's eating healthier and the bypass is probably doing its job now.

Any thoughts?

Ugh I'm telling you!! He doesn't give an ounce of trying. It so sickening, I can't even stand it! I know it's not because he truly feels he can't but because he is so pompous and self-assured he doesn't think any consequence from doing this will become of it. It's just wrong.

It is also something that crossed my mind too regarding his tiny pouch. It's working, because he's working IT. He's eating right, and doing (some) exercise. It's showing itself, but of course no one wants to mention it. Not the producers because the whole premise of the show is: "See you can do it too!" (Diet and exercise)

I wouldn't lose a wink if I never seen this dude again and his horrendous "BEFORE SHOT" (Kill me now please).

As far as no vote allowed if you don't finish, I agree 100% there. That is just making it look even worse for him. If I were on the ranch and someone pulled that crap, I would be voting them off as soon as I got a chance. If you can't give it your all, go home.

If you are going to say that you only get immunity if you actually lose weight, they should have a rule that says if you aren't going to give the challenges your all, then you don't get to vote.

I also agree with this +5, good idea Lulu. I'm on board with that!

What a monkey wrench that would be!! :sneaky: :mad2: :smile2: :hurray:

The Oprah show had Eric (Biggest loser on one of the seasons) on in January. It was the week after she admitted she had gained weight.

I wish they would have kept Laura on. They all talk about who "needs to be here". Get over it people. If you don't know what you need to know by now, too bad. It is a game. I applied for the show a while back and it was the prize money I had in sight! Taking that much time off of work would have killed my credit, so the cash would have been needed. Yes, I did want to get healthy also......but, the prize would have been a great motivator. Thankfully, they didn't choose me and I had the band!

Ugh, I really can't stand Ron. Every week is another week I hope he gets voted off. I know everyone on the show seems to love him, but I don't see it. (My ex watched the show with me this week. He asked "how did he get a woman like that?" I told him that everyone seems to really like him, but I don't see it!)

My ex watched the show with me this week. He asked "how did he get a woman like that?"

*holds fingers about 12 inches apart in a crude sexual innuendo*

Ew, PLAIN!! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :rolleyes2:

What was that rule of thumb? -30 lbs = +1 inch?

:rolleyes2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What was that rule of thumb? -30 lbs = +1 inch?

:blink:

If that were true, he must have barely been an "outie" before.:lol:

.(My ex watched the show with me this week. He asked "how did he get a woman like that?" I told him that everyone seems to really like him, but I don't see it!)

They say love is blind!

I don't hate the man. I just don't like him. I find him lazy and do full of excuses for why he can't do anything!

I wonder what would have happened it he had been placed on Jillian's team instead of Bob's. There would have been some major fireworks that is for sure since she doesn't except excuses!!