Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

I hate to admit it, but I think Ron looked better without the beard. Mom must be a lot younger than dad, did you hear Mike say that he didn't think mom was even born when Ron weighted the 300 something? Maybe she's the stepmom, just a thought.

I thought I heard Mike say that his mom was not alive when dad was that size. I took it to mean that he has lost his mom...? I dunno, that's the first thing I thought upon hearing that.

Thank you! I agree with you 100%

But Laura really can't work out at all. She has to stay off her hip.

And get the medical help she needed. And it sounds like she's doing well being away, getting PT and losing. :)

Ok here is my 2 cents worth..

Tara..she absolutley rocks...I hope she wins the entire thing!! Anyone that works as hard as her and with the determination she has deserves it!! She looked awesome tonight!!!

Philipe..or how ever you spell it..he just rubs me the wrong way...don't know what it is..don't like the dude!!

Lara..I felt so bad for her....she has gotten nothing but bad breaks (no pun intended) this whole season!

Kristin...eh..not sure...I think she really wants to lose the weight and not for the money..I just can't figure out the obsession that she (Ron and Philipe) has about Bob.:huh2:There are some shows where I like her ok and then others where I am like ok now..time for you to go!

Helen..she is playing the game..all of those "friendships" or alliances or whatever..she threw them away...she is wanting to win the entire thing...did you see what she said at the vote when she lifted the lid and it had Kristin's name on it...(I understand Tara not voting Laura off but hey Helen come on who are you trying to kid...you don't wish you could take care of Laura because you love her like a daughter...you are worried about Kristin)

Ron.. ugh..don't like him but I did like what he said tonight about Laura needing to go and get the help she needs...now he needs to go..he has a 400lb son at home who needs him...

Mike--I love that kid..if Tara was not on the show he would be my fave to win...he is so cute!

I have never cried so much as when they had Max on...I know that he is only 17 and that is why he is not on the show this season...they need to have him on for next season...oh how that kid broke my heart!!

Edited by BeckyinTn

You know my daughter did say that Max was 17, I thought that Mike was the youngest (gotta call her to tell her that she was right). That would be the reason for him not able to be on the show, I truly hope that after the show he gets help. I would think that the mom would have helped and then again maybe she has.

Tara'a mom has lost 40 pounds, and you can tell that she is willing to help and support Tara to the very end. So she will have great support when she gets home. I don't think that Laura will lose a lot cause even Tara said that she didn't have much support at home.

Felipe' is a pain in my be-hind. I did like him and Sione but they are such whinny babies and for the life of either one of them, they still can't hold a candle to Tara.

I can't believe that somebody hasn't gotten hurt even worse than Laura. I have thought that all along when I see the trainers walking and standing on them, and some of the other grueling things they call work outs, but look like pure torture.

Laura looks like she has done well at home, so good for her! She has grown on me over the last few weeks.

Laura was completely and totally selfish. I thought surely she would man up admit that it wouldnt be fair for her to stay since she really couldnt exercise and Tara (I love her) only wanted her to stay for the extra vote! Laura should have gone home-she was growing on me too. But Ron was right on this one. Kristen still has a long long way to go.

Hey Everybody!

Had to stay at work late, so I missed all the makeovers - GRRR!:wub:

I'll have to check them out online or something - I'm dying to see what everyone looked like in their fancy clothes.

I'm so GLAD they cut Felipe's hair - the 'bush' was getting to be too much for me...Tara looked great, and I'm glad they took the skunk stripes out of Kristen's hair. Ron still looks like...well, Ron - so that's no improvement where I'm concerned. Mike looked cuter than ever, and I'm so happy for him losing the most weight ever on the show.

I'm of two minds about Laura - I understand why she didn't want to leave, but I'm glad she was voted off so she could heal completely and properly. I'm glad she got the help she needed.

I think I would have cried my eyes out over Mike's brother - I hope he gets to either come on the show next season, or goes home and gets his butt in gear! He doesn't have to wait until Mike and his dad are home, he could be building up his stamina and strength right now! But then, if he could have done it by himself, he wouldn't be in the position he's in right now...

Helen is looking good, too - though I agree with others that she's starting to ring false to me...

It's amazing to me that with everything Kristin has lost, she still probably has nearly 100 pounds to go...amazing! I'm definately rooting for Tara to win it all...she rocks!

I have to admit, I cried and cried and cried at Mike's brother. Poor guy.

I really don't understand the players this year. They really are thinking with their hearts by sending Laura home, but personally, I'd have sent a threat home - Kristen.

Yes, it's about getting healthy, yes, it's about losing weight - but it's also about the money, too.

And, when Kristen said, "Don't be cowards" that would have sent me over the edge and I'd have put her name down without hesitation.

I have to admit, I cried and cried and cried at Mike's brother. Poor guy.

I really don't understand the players this year. They really are thinking with their hearts by sending Laura home, but personally, I'd have sent a threat home - Kristen.

Yes, it's about getting healthy, yes, it's about losing weight - but it's also about the money, too.

And, when Kristen said, "Don't be cowards" that would have sent me over the edge and I'd have put her name down without hesitation.

I sooo agree, the minute she said it I wemt balistic, she would have. I know shes trying to loose weight but she made the comment that she wanted to be the last one there just like everyone there so to me thats winning. She knows she got lucky, as for me I figure biggest loser would of made sure Laura didn't do anything to make that fracture worse especially on the ranch. I'd of drnt Kristin home and let BL take care of Laura there, I know we all want to loose weight but they are all in game mode....they may regret not sending Kristin home.......isn't she the only person left who has beaten Tara in a challenge?

I'm actually very proud of Ron this week for sending home the injured player instead of sending home the threat. If you're playing the game, Kristen was the obvious choice, but I'm glad that a few of the people left showed compassion for Laura's injury and sent her home.

EbonyRose, sorry you missed it. But I saw this in the grocery store last week and almost picked it up, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise for this week. Check your stands for it, I'm sure it's got awesome pictures and stories!

OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Cover Story: Biggest Loser Secrets Revealed

EbonyRose, sorry you missed it. But I saw this in the grocery store last week and almost picked it up, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise for this week. Check your stands for it, I'm sure it's got awesome pictures and stories!

OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Cover Story: Biggest Loser Secrets Revealed

OMG - Tara looked AWESOME!!! I see now why she modeled - she's truly gorgeous. She was already a pretty lady, but with the weight she's lost, her look is definately more 'mainstream' and she's truly stunning in green.

Helen looked great in her purple dress - it's a color I would definately wear - and she looked radiant. They both have done such good work on the ranch...truly inspiring, both of them! Thanks so much for sharing the link - I'll go get the magazine too!:wub:

Last night I felt was the first time Ron made sense, even though I am no supporter, but Laura really needed to take care of herself.

I too had a fracture and It is a lot of rehab. As much as you want to ignore it, you just can't. I ended up having surgery and its been almost 2 years and still having problems. So for Laura's future health, she needed to go home and get the rehab she needed.

Its sad, and its unfortunate but as they say, "shit happens". lol.

I agree, I thought Ron did look better without the beard, and did you hear him say that he weighed 200 at about 9 and 300 in the teens? Wow, thats a big 9 year old. I think he must be at least 9 years older than his wife. She looks good.

Oh my, what a tear jerker last night, I was bawling and felt sorry for the brother. I am hoping they have him on the "next" biggest loser. I hope he gets some help, but as most of you know, its hard to take the weight off, and KEEP IT OFF.

Pryor to my band, I could take off 50 lbs no problem, but I always gained it back. I was a Yo-yo queen. So the odds are not in favor for the contestants, but many do make life time changes, and thats great if they can do it.

Tara looked really good last night, I bought the OK magazine she is on the cover of, and Helen is in there too. She looked good too.

They all looked good. I want a makeover too! I want Tummy Tuck, a little lip on my thighs, and the bat wings to be gone!