Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Monday and gained weight...Scared to death!!!

I am having surgery on monday and I have gained 3-4lbs...depending on the day. I have been trying to get it off. I am scared to death surgeon will cancel my surgery. Also when I go to their office....it never says what my scale at home says or what my nutritionists office says?(which are the ones who said to proceed with the surgery). Has anyone been in this situation or does anyone have any advice?

Yeah, my home scale never matches doctor's scale..it's always higher for some reason.

I weighed 10 lbs less when I was weighed at the hospital for surgery...doctor didn't even notice. I think they use it more for anesthesia and dosing meds and stuff like that.

I doubt they will cancel your surgery for a 3-4 pound fluctuation. It sounds like your nerves are talking! Take a breath and realize that everything should be just fine. We all get those pre-op jitters!

I wish you all the best! Enjoy the weekend and get lots of rest so you will be bright and feeling great for surgery! Take care!

Hey :thumbup: Don't sweat it. I'm sure everything will be fine. I don't even remember being weighed when I went in for mine. You could be retaining Water. I gain around 5 pounds in Water weight around my period and a couple/few around ovulation.

Just nest and get your space ready for when you're home and recovering.

Try to get that off this weekend if you can. Do you have any Protein shakes you could replace a couple of meals with? Make sure you drink lots of Water. I always bloat if I don't drink enough and that can mean a 2-7lb gain for me!

My surgeon told me that if I gained an ounce, he'd cancel me and send me home!

My scale never reads the same as theirs. What I'd do is weigh before or after at home and whatever that number said, I'd make sure to stay below it. Their scale typically weighs a lb or 2 more than mine. So I'd just make sure to stay below what mine said at the time.

Best wishes!!!

I wasn't even weighed that morning and trust me I was obsessed with thinking they would! Good luck to you and drink lots of Water :tt2:

I wasn't weighed before my surgery. I was at my preop 4 days before and the scale at the Dr. was 5 lbs heavier then at home. But you have to remember, you're wearing clothes and everything. I always weigh naked and first thing in the morning when I do so it's different.

I am scheduled for next monday and have also gained about 5 lbs. After the holidays and stress I guess. I just figure...Well, this is why we are getting banded right? We can't do it on our own ;/

I am having surgery on monday and I have gained 3-4lbs...depending on the day. I have been trying to get it off. I am scared to death surgeon will cancel my surgery. Also when I go to their office....it never says what my scale at home says or what my nutritionists office says?(which are the ones who said to proceed with the surgery). Has anyone been in this situation or does anyone have any advice?

First off, big *hugs*

Looks like we will be at the same hospital having surgery the same day!

What time is your surgery scheduled for? Are you just having liquids today like me?

When I was banded 3/07 they didnt' weigh me the day of surgery. And 3-4 lbs isnt' enough of a gain for them to really make you not be able to have surgery.

The weight loss support groups say that unless you gained back like 10-15 lbs then Dr Singh might make you postpone, but like i said - most people aren't even weighed the day of surgery!

Hope to hear from you soon :)

My surgery is not until noon. It's with Dr.Dunnican. He did not put me on liquids just nothing after midnight. Hey....maybe we'll be roomies....lol.

I am very nervous and have lost 2lbs. over the weekend. I am so afraid that I will get there and they will say no for some reason...any reason! Did anyone else have this crazy fear.

Good luck to you! Maybe we can get to meet if I need to stay overnight. I'm going to private message you my cell phone number so you can give me a call.

I'm getting ready to leave to go to the hospital now (have to check in at 6AM)

Between my consult and my pre-op appointment I lost about 15 lbs, but on the day of surgery I had gained a few pounds. I didn't even have a "send off" feast or anything! I stuck to the diet!

But, of course they did the surgery anyway. Have you lost some weight before the surgery?

I think your doctor should be fine, because this is the reason you are doing the surgery, right?? Good luck!! ((((HUGS))))

I'm anxious to hear how surgery went for you and lilnena. Did you guys get to meet? Are you feeling okay? I know, it's early, but I just hope you both did well and are having a smooth recovery. Take care!!!

I'm anxious to hear how surgery went for you and lilnena. Did you guys get to meet? Are you feeling okay? I know, it's early, but I just hope you both did well and are having a smooth recovery. Take care!!!

My surgery went wondefully and I'm home recovering now

I happened to meet DLD in the hall, and she looked great. Not sure if she is home yet!

Thanks, Lilnena!! Congratulations! I wish you a smooth recovery, and how cool to meet another LBT member on the day of surgery!! I wish you well and look forward to your updates.

Hopefully DLD is home doing well too!

Take care!

I am home and doing pretty good. I was able to meet lilnena, that was really nice. I am not too sore....drinking is a bit of a challenge, I am actually on here trying to figure out if what I am experiencing in normal. I feel VERY full after just a few small sips and sometimes a few minutes after I drink something gas starts moving. My stomach growls and flutters...I don't always pass gas but it is definetly moving around.