Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction with no fills?

Who actually feels restriction with no fills yet? I do, I cant eat more than 8oz/1 cup of mushy food..that is truly my limit on a meal..I mean I think I can snack/graze all day if I wanted to (but that wont help in weight loss) but when it comes to an actually meal, a cup or less is generally all I can eat..does anyone else feel the band restriction w/o a fill? My 1st fill is January 15th! So excited! :biggrin:

I feel a tightness or a hard knot after I eat. I know I'm eating more than a cup worth of food before I feel it, though.

I get my first fill on Jan 12th, and I'm looking forward to it so that'll help me with not feeling so hungry.

My first fill isn't until Jan 26th but I do feel restriction already. Like you said Erica, I can graze all day if I wanted but I stay away from snacking and at meals I can't eat all that much. I measure my food out to a maximum of 2 cups and usually eat maybe half of that. I really should just measure out a cup of food but I think it's a mental thing right now.

I measure my food out to a maximum of 2 cups and usually eat maybe half of that. I really should just measure out a cup of food but I think it's a mental thing right now.

I understand the mental thing, at first i couldnt seem to comprehend that 1 cup of food will fill me up, slowly but surely im gettin it so now i look at my portion and really ask myself am i that hungry? Most time i can easily put back 1/4 of cup and be glad i didnt waste food..

They weren't kidding when they said this was tool, not a magic trick...

Oh for sure. I don't feel hungry but being bored I start thinking of food. It's totally changing those thinking habits.

I already have a "soft fill" from surgery but I also feel restriction with about a cup of food but I'm soooo glad my fill is on the 14th because I get hungry again about an hour later :thumbup: .....and have to make myself drink lots of Water till next meal otherwise my tummy growls till the next meal.....But not everyone needs a fill my doctor didn't have his first fill till he was a year out.

I can barely eat anything and I have good restriction but my doctor filled my band to 3cc during surgery.

I can barely eat anything and I have good restriction but my doctor filled my band to 3cc during surgery.

Just curious, what's the max fill on your band?

I already have a "soft fill" from surgery but I also feel restriction with about a cup of food but I'm soooo glad my fill is on the 14th because I get hungry again about an hour later :tt2: .....and have to make myself drink lots of Water till next meal otherwise my tummy growls till the next meal.....But not everyone needs a fill my doctor didn't have his first fill till he was a year out.

Hi, V-Queen I had surgery the same day. I don't have anything in my band and I'm hungry as hell that one cup of food is not getting it. I had a fill appointment on the same day also but moved it up a week hope my surgeon still gives me a fill I'm about to lose it. I need to feel some restriction so I'll at least know the band is really in there.:mad:

Just curious, what's the max fill on your band?

I think it's 10cc

I had my surgery on Dec 8th and had 1.7cc put in at that time. I have REALLY good restriction and at one point I thought I might need a slight unfill. Some of the swelling in my stomach must have went down as I can pretty much get down 6 to 8oz of food per serving (with the exception of breakfast...3oz)

I wish! I feel almost like before I was banded. I can eat anything and more than I should. So far I've been making much better choices about what to eat, but it isn't easy. I want help! I get my first fill on the 19th and I'd love to eat these words!:thumbup:

OMG!!! I am sooo freakin hungry...it just won't go away..I'm supposed to only eat 1/2 a cup of food but It's creeping up to more like a cup of food and I can feel some restrition but my tummy still growls WTF!! at least I'm still losing (MYMIND:lol:) I'm workin on pure willpower the last couple of days....I really really hope the 14th gets here quick.

Oh I hear my tummy growl a lot and don't feel the hunger. I think one of the hardest battles I am fighting is the mental hunger vs the physical hunger. Usually when I am hungry it's because I am bored. Atleast that's what I have noticed. So I have worked to keep myself busier and that really seems to help with the hunger thoughts. Now I know that I am hungry when I get the hunger pains. Also I try and pay close attention to knowing when I am full.