Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

OK, so I had my first fill yesteray, and it was NOT fun. I don't know if it had anything to do with the fact that I received my actual written pink slip yesterday and I was very upset and tense. But it hurt like hell, and I was almost in tears.:laugh: He added 2 CCs to the 4 I already had, but my Water came up, so he took one CC out. So, I currently have 5 CCs in my band and do not feel any different, except for the lump and soreness where the needle went in. I was on clear fluids yesterday and full fluids today. Tomorrow, I can return to mushies, and start regular food on Monday. I'm STARVING.

AmyMoe,

I lost 2 pounds right off the bat after getting a fill on Feb. 12, then stopped losing weight completely, despite being too tight and getting nearly every meal stuck! I gained and lost the same pound for nearly two weeks and then one day I just magically started losing again. I don't know why this happens. I changed my exercise routine slightly and maybe that was the thing that tipped the titter-totter. No clue. It is very frustrating but you WILL get over that hump. Hang in there!

Thanks Jill! I am headed back over to Denver tomorrow morning for my next fill. At least I haven't gained right? I am increasing my walking by 1/2 hour everyday and doing a little strength training so hopefully that will do the trick. Good news is my blood sugar continues to do well and my endocrinoligist told me he really felt that I would be able to come off insulin all together!!

Adamsmom - It sucks that your fill hurt so much. Mine did not hurt at all. Hopefully the next one will be better. I know these are really rough times for you and it is easy for me to say "keep your chin up" but you are not alone.

HEllo everyone!!! Glad to hear that some of you are still loosing... I go for my second fill on the 23rd (I think?? or 24th) I had my first fill Feb. 12th still no weight loss, still can eat ANYTHING and not feeling motivated at all. I need to sit down and really get my head and heart back in this game of life. So much going on, just one exscuse after another!!!

Adamsmom, I truly hope everything picks up for you on a positive note, take this time to get in some extra workouts.. I know easy for me to say, I have not done anything but I take advantage of this and I hope your son is doing better, I still have him in my thoughts :rolleyes:

Had a fill (first one) today and have good restriction. liquids for today and then regular food tommorrow. I was shocked that I had lost 2.5 pounds from my appointment 2 weeks ago. I still went ahead with a fill as I could eat pretty much anything and I found myself getting sloppy. I hope I don't get stuck when I start real foods tommorrow.

Hi Burgygirl, congrats on your fill. Did it hurt? Mine was awful. I almost cried like a baby!:laugh: I feel no restriction, so all that pain and no gain!

On another note, I did work out this evening--a milestone for me as I had fallen off the wagon in that department. I hope you all had a good day.:tt2:

My fill went well. I am just battling indigestion like I had immediately after surgery. My stomach is gurgling away but I am a little hesitant in case it aggravates the indigestion.

The fill was a little weird for me. He numbed me up, had me lift my legs to make it easier to access the port, stuck the needle in and then had me sit up:eek:. Then while I was drinking Water slowly he inflated the balloon and asked me to tell him how constricted I was. At first I had Water up to my throat feeling and then he slowly released it until I could feel the water pass. He played around with it until I felt comfortable with drinking water.

On a different note, I went shopping after the fill to buy some pants as most of mine are falling off and I actually tried on a pair of 16's (not the plus size):laugh:. They didn't fit just yet but I could bet them on. I'm hoping with the fill I will be in regular sizes by April. That would be a great April fools present.

Take care ladies

burgygirl, congrats on the new pants size--that's always exciting. I think I will also have tog o shopping because my clothes are hanging on med like sacks.

I have not felt any restriction since my fill on Friday, but I have already lost 6 pounds since then! I have been exercising, so I'm sure that helped, and I went back to having Protein shakes for Breakfast. Finally, my weight loss is picking up again! Total weight lost since first weigh-in at my surgeon's office: 24 pounds; since surgery: 18 pounds.

Good morning everyone! Happy 2 month anniversary!!!!So I went for my second post-op appointment yesterday and my doctor told me I stiil don't need a fill yet! I was a little surprised :thumbup:! He told me as long as I am losing atleast a pound a week I am doing fine and won't need a fill. Funny thing is even after the 2 months I still fill the restriction is alost the same. So now at the 2 month mark I am down 37 pounds :thumbup:.

I finally had to go out and get a pair of new pants and a shirt, I started this journey a size 24/26 in pants and a size 24/26 in shirts now yesterday when I tried clothes on I am finally in a size 18 pants and size 16 shirt:lol: Two more sizes and I wont have to shop in the plus size section anymore:w00t:

I am so Happy to see everyone is doing well with there band and wish everyone the very best of luck!!

Happy 2 months!

I went for my second fill yesterday. It went just fine. I am FINALLY down 2 more pounds. I have just gotto keep up with the excercise. For me, I think that is going to be the key.

I met a gentleman in the Dr.'s office who had his band done 10 months ago. He is down 110 pounds!!! He doesn't eat much different than I do but he is excercising 2 1/2 to 3 hours a day! The Dr. and I were discussing it and he pointed out that most of us do not have that kind of time. He told me to really focus on the frequency so that is what I am going to do. Finally dropping even these 2 pounds has given me some motivation back:thumbup:

Theresa, congrats on the smaller size and congrats to Amymoe for losing 2 more pounds. Cherbear, I saw your photos. I can really see the difference in you. I am down another pound as of this morning, that is 7 pounds since my fill last Friday! So, I'm not complaining! I am about to begin a 2-week spring break from school. I really need the break. I have exercised 3 night w this week, and will do moree during my time off.

Thanks adamsmom, I have been working very hard. I try to get to the y at the least 2 times a week and work out for about an hour and I am now in a size 18 jeans and a xl shirt. I was in 24 jeans and 2x - 3x shirts. i even had to go out today and buy smaller bras. I was in a 42DD and now it's a 40D YAY!!!:scared2: i can tell that I lost inches. This just makes me want to work even harder now. But sometimes my busy sechedule will not alow me to get to the Y more often then 2x a week. I have a fill coming up in 1 week and 5 days. WHOOOT!

How is everyone else doing?

Hey! How is everbody? I got stuck and slimed for the first time this weekend. OMG!!!! It hurt and it was disgusting:eek: At least I have had that first experience and I hope to never have that again. All over 1 (yep 1) french fry!!!! I also ate some coleslaw and it went down fine but I was so bloated the rest of the night. Oh all these little learning curves right? I have alot more restriction since this last fill (only.7) but it has made a big difference. I am going to try pot roast tonight. So far I have only ate chicken and fish and the Dr. told me I need to eat more meat.< /p>

I have been going through some of my clothes and it really is nice to get rid of alot. I have lost alot of my weight in my rear and thighs not so much in my gut which of course is where I would like to lose it. :sneaky: All in time...

Hope everyone is doing well.

Wow, lots of great progress.

AmyMoe, Yikes that was an experience. Hope you are feeling better after it. I feel like my restriction is not quite as much as it was after the fill but I'm still going down slowly. For some reason I can't eat chicken. I have tried it every which way and chew, chew, chew but it just sits there like a lump. Fortunately no obstruction just discomfort. My kids laugh at me because when it happens I get up and jump up and down trying to dislodge it :lol:.

So I stick with fish and ground meat.

I am ready for some new pants but don't want to spend alot as I plan on continuing to go down. I may try a resale shop to see if they have anything there. Keep up the good work all and happy belated St. Paddy's day.:sneaky:

AmyMoe,

I feel your pain, although it seems getting stuck is a near daily occurrence for me. I flew to Idaho this weekend with my kids so they could ski and snowboard. We stayed with relatives who knew nothing of my lapband surgery. Anyway, I think I get nervous when I am with people who don't know and everything I ate over the weekend seemed to get stuck. I kept having to excuse myself, go to the bathroom, and bend over and touch my toes. It was not a pleasant experience.

One night, my uncle made steak, which, of course, I am not allowed to eat. I couldn't tell him that, though, so I cut up the meat into tiny pieces and managed to get a few bites down. Every time he and his wife looked away, I would grab a piece of steak, thrust it under the table and feed it to the dog! Didn't get real full that dinner but at least I made a lifelong friend with the pooch!