Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Amymoe--sorry about your experience. Congrats to those of you who have lost weight and need to find smaller clothes. I am in the same predicament. My clothes look silly on me now and I do have a few things in smaller sizes, but I need to go shopping--scary when I have that job layoff looming in a couple of months! SO, my queastion is: where do you go shopping for clothes inexpensively, that still look stylish and maybe even professional, when you're shrinking and don't want to spend loads of money? ANy ideas or suggestions?

Hello Adamsmom,

You can go to a used clothing shop (thrift stores) Do you have any in your area? You may be able to find some on eBay as well. If you don't mind me asking what size are you in now?

I am doing well, I go for a fill Wednesday the 25th I will keep everyone posted on how that goes. My weight is not moving very much but my inches are just falling off of me. It is possible to loose inches and stay the same weight or loose just a few pounds. I have a busy weekend coming up, so I am looking forward to my weekend. Talk to everyone soon.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion, Cherbear. I think there are some thrift stores nearby. I think tehre may be an upscale one a little further away. I am down from a size 22/24 to a 18/20. Some of my tops were 26/28--most of my clothes are from Lane Bryant, which is where I usually shop, but I don't want to invest money on clothes that won't fit me for long. I just need a few more things to get me through the last 8 weeks of school. Summer is around the corner too, so I have to consider if I buy cold weather clothes, I may get to wear them once or twice.

My doctor offers support groups that include clothing swaps. Maybe you could check into that with your Dr.

Clothes are not a problem for me because I still have all my clothes from the way up the weight scale so now, on my way down, I am just pulling the clothes out of storage. It is like new clothes all over again.

Jill--shopping in your closet is always fun! I have a few things I can wear now--but the suits I was wearing last month are almost too big now. Plus, we are now getting warmer weather (mid 70s in N. Cal this week so I'm lookeing for some wamer weather clothes. I'll have to dg inmy closet more.

You are very welcome adamsmom. Hope you find what your looking for. You may want to also buy a belt cause if it gets too baggy then you have the belt for back up. I just bought 3 pair of new jeans and some summer stuff at the thrift store, and the things I got are like new. i really did not like any shirts so a went to a place called dots here in PA and they have shirts that are a decent price.

Hey all haven't been on in a long time!!! Very busy around here! Everybody seems to be doing great on the weight loss. I have had 2 fills since I have been on last and still have very little restriction. My band is at 6.6cc which scares me thinking there is only a few cc left in the 10 cc band!!!! I have lost 2 more pounds but wish it was way more than that. chicken also gets stuck for me, and WOW is that the worst feeling ever! How much does everybody have in their band now?? The PA I see now says for me to ask how much they can pull out of my band each time to make sure there are no leaks and to make sure they are in the port! Good info I thought! I also like to shop a Ross if you have one around! Cheap clothes that are from high end stores, just their leftovers!

Good morning everyone: I'm plugging away, trying to stay on a healthy eating plan and get exercise in. Today I entered a new decade: the 250s! :thumbup:I am also finding clothes in my closet I forgot I had because it's been so long since I wore them. I will try to put off clothes shopping for a little while longer--until I'm in the 240s. Then I'll have no choice but to go shopping because I haven't been in the 240s since the year 2000! :tt1:

That is GREAT news adamsmom. Keep up the good work.

I had a fill yesterday and I lost 1 lbs since my last visit on 2/26/09 which is better than nothing. Like I said before I am loosing inches so as long as I am loosing something i am happy. When I got my fill he filled me .5cc and when I ate lunch & dinner yesterday I did feel a little restriction the last time I felt nothing. So today when I had a small bowl of Cereal i did not feel a restriction but my bowl was very small maybe 1/4 of a cup. So I guess When I eat my lunch today I will see if I feel a restriction. My Dr said it may take 4-5 fills. I am not worried at all. I am going with the flow. I am so happy that I made this decision for myself.

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from a brief trip to San francisco with my DH and kids. We lucked out--we had booked a standard room, but the hotel decided to give us a huge suite on the 26th floor, with 3/4 panoramic views of the city! I'm not sure why that happened--perhaps because we used our reward points to pay for the room. But it was lovely. We spent today at the California Academy of the Sciences, which was fabulous! The best part is that we walked and climbed staircases for 6 hours and I didn't feel like I was going to have a heart attack. I was able to not only keep up with, but even be ahead of my kids at times. We went there on December 30th, a couple of weeks before my surgery, and I thought I was going to die! I am now down 28 pounds, what a difference that makes to mobility! I can't believe I'm almost 30 pounds smaller!!!!!

On a sad note: I'm sure you all heard about the plane crash that happened in Montana last week. My kids' pediatrician and her entire family were on that plane. Her name was Vanessa Pullen and if you watch the Today Show, you may have seen her father-in-law interviewed on Friday morning. It was not easy telling my kids that one of their doctors is dead. She was such a lovely person--just a senseless tragedy!

Good Evening, All!

I hope everyone's doing well. I am frazzeled! My 14 year old was beat up in PE class today and I got a call from the school. As you know, we're been trying to get him out of that school and in a school for kids on the autistic spectrum but we're having a heck of a time. So much stress! Doesn't help my son's depression either5.

I am down another pound today--almost at the 30 pound mark.

I hope everyone else is well!

Hey everybody!! Long time no see huh? I have been busy and not feeling well. I fought a HORRIBLE stomache bug that made it's way around the valley...cramps so bad that if I still had an appendix I would have thought it had ruptured, lasted about four days...thank goodness that is over:thumbup:

I am down 2 lbs since my last fill and fill no restriction AT ALL, but my body is changing so much from the excercise. I am down to a 14 in pants and an XL to 1X on top (I am still quite busty. I am still hoping to lose a little bit of thegirls) My next fill is on the 9th.

Adamsmom - I can't beleive those kids did that to your son. Is he physically ok? I really hope this can end up being a catalyst to et him into the school that he needs.

It sounds like everyone is plugging along. I don't know about you all, but I am feeling pretty proud of myself. I don't think I have stuck with excercise this long in the past 20 years!! I think that that actually makes me happier than any weight loss. My 9 year old saw the Wynnona-Alli commercial when she said that she was more than a number on a scale and he looked at me and said " Your more than a number now to huh Mom?" It made me feel so good that he understands that this really is not just about that number!!

AmyMoe,

Cute comment from your son! Kids are always honest about your weight...good or bad. My husband is very supportive and tells me often how great I look and how much weight I've lost but...well, he has to! HaHa!

However, when I get a positive comment from one of my kids...whoa, watch out!

My 8-year-old daughter put her arms around me the other day and said, "Mom, I can hug you all the way around now!"

My 12-year-old boy...well, he hasn't actually mentioned my weight loss but he does enjoy meal time impersonations of me! He is absolutely hysterical when he jumps up from the table, pounds on his chest and screams, "I'm stuck!"

My 14-year-old son, has been the most positive. He is always telling me how good I look and yesterday, in the car, he commented that I was further away from the steering wheel. I wanted to pull over and give him a hug...but, at his age, I am forbidden public displays of affection. HaHa!

Amymoe, sorry you've been ill, but congrats on your shrinking size--You are more than a number on a scale!

Jill congrats to you too and your successes. I am plugging away--not making much weight loss progress this week, but then it's been a stressful week all round.

Hello Everyone,

I have been so busy and not enough time in my day to get things done. I have been very well. Things get stuck if I don't chew well and that hurts. I have lost lbs since my fill on /3/25/09. I do feel very little restriction it will last about 1 - 2 hours then I get hungry again but i just push it off and start doing things around the house to stay away from the kitchen.

adamsmom, I am sorry to hear about your son and I hope things get better for you. Kids can be very cruel.