Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Good morning everyone! I am glad to see everyone is doing so well with the band:thumbup: Well I have my third appointment since the surgery on the 9th and as it looks now I prob wont get a fill then either,(I have yet to get my first fill) Dr says I have to average atleast a pound a week if I lose less then I will get a fill. I see him every 4 weeks, and since my last appointment I already lost 8 pounds so I guess no fill we'll see. I finally made it into a whole other decade as well lol finally at the 256 mark. It feels so wonderful to look down at the scale and see the numbers going down! so far as of today I am down 44 pounds and just excited as hell at the decision I have made. I wish everyone the very best of luck on this journey! Can you believe its almost been 4 months already:thumbup:

Hey everybody - well I am on my way to Denver for next appointment tomorrow and another big snow storm is on its way tonight. If you want it to snow in Colorado, just send me to Denver :glare:

I have not lost any more weight. I admit that I am starting to feel a little frustrated. I have been excercising between 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day and not eating in between meals at all. We will just see what the Doc says right? On the plus side I have dropped 5 more units of insulin a day!!

Chat with you all when I get back next week. Have a blessed Easter everyone!

AMymoe, sometimes success is not measured by numbers on the scale, which is hard for us because we want to see those numbers go down, down, down. But you are using 5 less units of insulin. That is something to Celebrate, don't you think? The weightloss will come too. Hang in there and congratulate yourself for how far you have come.:sad:

Hey everyone! Well the trip to Denver went well. No snow - only rain on the passes:thumbup::smile:

Doc says I am doing great and that I have probably replaced fat with muscleand that I will see that scale move. He put in only .7cc again.

Thanks for your encouragement Adamsmom!! I am so happy about the insulin. Blessings come in many forms right?

Well April 13th came and went--our 3 month bandaversary! It seems like a long time go when I had surgery, but it's only been 3 months. ALthough I would like the weight to come off faster, I am very plweased with the results so far. :)

Hello Everyone,

I go my 3rd fill today. He filled me 5cc so far so good. I lost 4lbs since my last appt. with him he told me keep doing what I am doing :)). What I see the most is inches melting off my body more than anything. I can't complain because it's better than nothing.

Hi - me too - 3rd fill today, .5 cc (1st 2, 2nd 1.5, 3rd .5). I'm not convinced that .5 will make that much of a difference. I'm feeling better, and lost 3 pounds since last month, but felt like it was more (maybe swimming is bringing muscle back on?). 37 down and counting, hope to reach 50 by my 25th college reunion June 5.

You all are so lucky getting fills. I will only be getting my 2nd fill on Friday, which is a good thing because my weight loss has plateaued!

Hello again Everyone,

i have lost 3lbs since my fill last week and I am very happy with that, However I am having a small issue and wondering if anyone else has the same issue. On my left side i get a pain sometimes after I am done eating and it hurts when I inhale. I did call my Dr. he told me if I was starting to feel better not to worry about it, but when I eat it starts to bother me again and when I burp or relive gas it goes away for a little bit and then come back again. Weird, I was thinking it was the foods I am eating. I am a whole lot of pain but it is there and sometimes when I lean to my left side and put pressure it hurts a bit. If I would have to rate the pain between 1-10 I would give it a 3. So now I am debating to call him back or not. He told e he would take x-rays of my stomach if it keeps up. maybe I should go, just to be safe. I am so stubborn. My break is over and must get back to work now. Thanks in advance for any information.

Cherbear, congratulaions on the 3 pound loss. As for the pain--how high up is it? I get twinges of pain near where my port is located, which is about an inch or two to the left of my belly button. I will metion it on Friday when I go in for my fill. I think you pain sounds like gas and maybe you might need to eat more slowly or take smaller bites. Good luck.

I think you may be right Adamsmom and my port is on my right side. I still do eat fast and don't take small enough bites. I do try and eat with a fork and knife at my meals. I will take your advice and try to eat slower. it is not easy to do.

I went for my fill Friday afternoon, but after trying for about 40 minutes, the PA could not get my port. I think it has flipped! I now have to go in because they need to try and do it under an xray, but with my work schedule, I can't go until June 11th, so no fill for me :unsure:. The PA thinks it could be because of the fat layer on top of my port. But isn't EVERYONE with a Lapband fat to begin with?????:). I have still lost weight so I'm not too worried, but I was hoping to get to my "sweet spot" this time. So far, 33 pounds gone forever! I hope everyone else is fine.

Hi everyone - long time no check in....things have been so crazy around my house. This is my sons senior year and it has been not stop 'something' all the time.

Hubby and I are doing great.....we just had our second fill today. We will see how that goes....so far absolutely no restrictions for either one of us....but still doing okay on our weight loss.

Husband has lost a total of 60 and I have lost 34.

Hope everyone is doing as great as we are (physically) not necessarily weight wise.

Tweety, you and your husband are doing great. It's just not fair how guys can lose weight so easily. I am down another pound this morning. 34 pounds gone forever!

Adamsmom - I know it just kills me....he eats sooo much worse than me and just keeps dropping it! LOL

Oh well....I will catch up with him someday! :-)