Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

My doctor told me to be on liquids for 12-24 hours and then to resume solids. I tried some mushie foods 24 hours out but they didn't settle well so I went back to liquids until yesterday's events. Now for lunch, I am going to try eating egg salad with crackers and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Jill, interesting posts. I am so desparate for a fill, though. And I want to know how I will react to a fill. Mine isn't until March 6th! Hope I can wait that long! I think a few days of not being to eat anything would do me good because i can eat anything, but I still get full quicker than before , and my weight loss has slowed rrught down. Trouble is I can eat a lot more than I am supposed to. DH and i went out on a date for Valentine's last night. I ate about 2/3 of my entree--grilled salmon, garlic spinach, and risotto. I did not have an appetizer or a dessert. I was so stuffed. For lunch today, we went out for Chinese food. Again, I ate about 2/3 of my plate of food before I got full, but I can eat rice, bread, and everything I was told I would not be able to eat after surgery.

My friend and I are doing this lapband together. She is exactly 2 weeks ahead of me. She had a fill, the exact same amount as my fill, two weeks ago and she does not have the same problems. She fills slightly tighter now than before but still feels hungry. She doesn't feel that she gets full. She has only experienced getting stuck twice, once before the fill and once after.

I, on the other hand, have been stuck more times than I can count. It is not that the fill has curbed hunger or made me full, it is just that I am too scared and in too much pain to focus on it anymore.

Today is definately better. The egg salad and crackers went down fairly well. I chewed so hard that I looked like a chipmunk but it went down without too much hassle. I thought for a second that it might get stuck but I waited for the gurgling to pass and then I continued.

Here is my theory and it is probably stupid but here it goes...I think that people who can burp are less prone to getting stuck. I think burping forces the food to clear faster. My friend burps all the time and it is quite embarrassing for her but she says that she will be eating and feel pressure then she will burp and can feel the food roll down.

Those of us who have never been blessed with the ability to burp (despite growing up in a household of brothers), have more difficulty because we have to rely on the gurgling to help move the food. It sometimes takes hours. Yesterday I was in my car making all the burping noises hoping for a real, honest-to-God burp to erupt from somewhere within but nothing happened. The chicken stayed lodged in the pouch for a good 2 hours. I was gurgling the entire time.

Let me know how the rest of you feel about my completely unscientific burp theory.

Baylee / Jill - I felt "tight" for only the first couple of days. I was on cold liquids only for 24 hours then quickly made it through mushies and on to solid food by Sunday.

I thankfully have not had any of the sliming. Since the fill I have been diligent with chewing SLOWLY. That is probably my biggest issue yet. I did not realize just how fast I could eat:unsure: I was eating some mushrooms yesterday and just shoved one in my mouth took a big gulp of Water and before I knew it it felt like I had swallowed a golf ball. I sat back for a few minutes and it passed. So many lessons still to learn!

O.K. guys, I just made it home from my first fill :rolleyes: I am on cold liquids for 24 hours, then broth etc. (liquids) for another 24 hours, them soft foods (eggs, seafood) for 48 hours then regular food. I weighed in today at a whopping

221.8:crying: I wanted to CRY right there in the office. My Dr. was very nice, told me that today is officially day 1 with my band... everything up till now was just a healing process. WE WILL SEE?? He wants to see me back in 2 weeks and if needed I will get another fill. He only gave me 1.5 he said he likes to take it slow and do a re-check every 2 weeks for the first 60 days of the fill process as the sooner he finds my "sweet spot" the better off I will be. I will let you know how Wed. goes when I wake up and try to eat my eggs!!

** My port is right under my largest scar he put the needle in (after cleaning etc.) had me push my tummy put as far as possible and lift my head off the pillow and it was not that bad. I was really suprised. I did have to drink 8oz of Water before I was allowed to leave. FAST,EASY and PAINLESS.. AND YES I AM A BABY

Hey everyone. Boy, this is such a journey, isn't it? I am anxious about getting my fill next Wednesday and keep counting down the days. I've been exercising quite a bit and joined an Anytime Fitness which is brand new in our little town. I really like it so far. I also joined my mom, dad & husband. I haven't lost any weight in the last week, and I'm trying to eat healthy and do what I'm supposed to be doing. It's a little aggravating. But I'm glad I got the band, because at least I know next week things should change, and if I wouldn't have got the band, I'd still be struggling along and getting frustrated and probably going back to what I was doing before! I can hardly believe I haven't had a cola since a week before the surgery. I don't even want one!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning, ladies. Life has been quite the roller coaster for me lately. As you know, I am a school employee in California, where we have no state budget and the schools are feeling the financial hit. My school district is laying off 390 teachers. They also decided to lay off half the vice prinicpals. As the 3rd to last hired, I figured I was a gonna. I got a call from my superintendent's office on Tuesday morning and was told to drive to the district office for a meeting. I figured I was getting my lay off notice. Instead, I found that I was one of the lucky ones who would keep their job They decided to go on merit and not longevity. Then Tuesday night, there was a huge board meeting and tons more unexpected job cuts were made--almost all of our directors and even one of the assistant superintendednt. In a meeting yesterday they decided that all vice perincipals will be laid off unless we vote to accept a 10% pay cut across the board. This will make my salary 11 thousand dollars a year less than I was making when I was a teacher, but I'll work more days, work londer days, and carry the burden of much more responsibility. I have been told I will receive my lay off notice today and getting my job back will be contingent upon how the vote turns out.

In addition, my 14 year old son with autism is struggling with depression at his middle school and it's just killing me. Suffice it to say, staying on any kind of exercise or diet program has been a challenge. One goos thing is I am feeling much tighter where the band is these days, but I think it's because I'm so tense. I threww up after 3 bites of dinner 2 nights ago, and my weight has not gone up, but has at least stayed the same. I have caught myself going back to old habits: chocolate. It slides down very easily. This has made me realize that even with the band, when I am stressed I can still revert back to my old bad habits

AdamsMom,

I am so sorry to hear about all the stress you have been under. What a difficult situation. I'm glad for you though that you have kept your job.

I'm sorry to hear your son is dealing with depression. It is so hard to watch our children go through that sort of thing.

The stress you are having to deal with now can play havoc on you. Even with the band the emotional eating thing is hard to overcome. I will send prayers to you along with a hug. :eek:

Adamsmom - I am so sorry to hear about the job situation and more importantly your son. I have fought depression since I was a kid and it was awfully hard on my Mom. I was melancholy one minute and violent the next. I still think about some of the things that I put her through and cry. I will be praying for you both and I know his situation is very different from mine, but I will tell you that the worst was over by the end of 8th grade.

Our business is also struggling with the economy. So much of our economy is based on the oil and gas industry. Unfortunately, our wonderful governor is doing what he beleives to be popular and not what is right. Businesses are closing and we are probably going to have to lay off the majority of our family. I say that because that is what they are. They have never been just employees to us. I am sick about it. I have resorted also to old habits. I find such comfort in them

I send you a hug and all the positive energy that I can muster. I keep telling my husband, we will get through this. What shape we will be in on the other side remains to be seen, but at least we will be through it.

Adamsmom: I am sorry to hear about your son. I will keep you in my thoughts. I understand where your coming from, when you say going back to old habits when under stress. I myself have been going through some stress here and find myself eating sweets. I even have not been able to exercise for the past week :tt2:. First our van broke down and is still in the shop and then the next thing was our persian cat Sammy got really sick on Saturday @ 5am in the morning. To make the long story short he had a slipped disk that was bulging on one side:frown:. It turned out he needed surgery and is now recovering well. This was a very expensive surgery. Lets just say it was more than $3,000. But I was not going to let him suffer or put him down.

I have a friend who has a son that has Autism and I see what it's like for her and the other children in her home. You need a lot of patience with a child who has Autism.

Adamsmom- I am glad that you are able to share with us but what a horrible situation ur in. The job situation will be only temporary (but very hard), but your son going through that, that pulls on any moms heart! I hope that we can give u encouragement here.

Friends, you are all so sweet and supportive. It's such a blessing for me to have all you to write to. Thank you all for you kind words.

Good morning everyone,! Well Thursday I had my Dr appointment with the surgeon thought I was going to get a fil but surprise he told me he wasn't going to give me one just yet because I am doing so well on my own! I was so happy yet a very little bit disappointed cause i wanted to see what a fill was like lol. Crazy I know but I am so very happy that the dr is so pleased with my progress well and of course my self pleased too. As of Thursday I am down 32 pounds from surgery :tt2: I go in again on the 12th of March to see if iI am going to need a fil by then. He told me they are lookin at aleast a 1 pound a week weight loss if i fall behind that i will def need a fill but we will see. So far i am averaging aout 3.25 pounds a week. I someone said even if the dr says no fill at the next visit still push for atleat .2 to .5 cc's. I was wondering should I push for that? I mean Right now at the moment i am not having any problems only got stuck once or twice and I get full pretty much from a half a cup to 1/3 of a cup depends on what I eat. I portion everything so i dont feel to even over eat. anyway How is everyone doing I am trying to catch up on all the posts i havent been on here in a couple of days hope all is well with everyone and good luck to you all!

Love, Theresa

For everyone that has gotten a fill, are the pounds comming off? I just want to know cause I am in need of one bad, and want to know how its going!

Hello everyone,

I know what I am about to ask is totally off the subject of loosing weight, but I need your help with this one. I entered a contest for Davids Bridal there will be three winners first place gets a $5,000 gift certificate 2nd & 3rd runner up get $2,500 gift certificate. I will be able to purchase a wedding dress and the girls dress for my wedding. So what I am asking fro the group here is to support me please by voting. I only have 1 day and about 8 hours left. I just thought of posting this now and should have thought of it sooner. Here is the link to vote. Thank you for your support

Brickfish Social Media: Shawn ~N~ Cher's Wedding

I am dong well but have not lost or gained any weight and I cant wait for my fill on Wednesday. I will let everyone know how it went.