Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Amy, it's probably the bread. I have managed wheat toast and even 1/2 a toasted bagel, but I think I'm in desparate need of a fill! :thumbup: Plus, everyone's different and you may be reacting to the bread for sure. Hope you feel better. Hang in there!

Ok - the fill went just fine! The Dr asked if I would mind a few people observing and I told him that was fine. I was on the table and the Dr found my port right away. Then the PA put the betadine on the spot and the Dr came over with the needle. It is a big needle but I did not even feel a poke. He put in some saline then had me sit up. The needle and syringe were just sticking out about 4inches! Then he had me drink some Water. I kept drinking and he kept adjusting until I did not feel any restriction. He said that he put 2.8 ccs but did let me know that that is really just a number they use to see if the band is leaking. When we both felt good about the amount, he pulled the needle out - did not hurt at all but was one of the strangest feelings I have ever had. I am on cold liquids for tonight and then soft food tomorrow and if everything is feeling ok move back on to solids. I am scheduled for my next fill on March 12th. I feel fine right now except for a headache from the 9 hours of driving today.

Man I have not been on here in a long time! I have missed ya'll....haha if that is possible. My weight has not changed 1 ounce since last week. I have heard about the bread and not settling well with some people, but I have to admit i have had it and it went down fine. I need to get my butt in gear and exercise. We are trying to sell our house and I have no time to do anything but clean and pack and clean........ so I guess that is better than doing nothing! Someday i will get a ticker, when I take the time to figure it out! Amymoe can you tell that they did something today? As far as restriction goes??

Amymoe, thanks for sharing this with us. It's very interesting. I can't wait to get my first fill. What did your doctor say about the bloated feeling you're having?

Hello everyone :-) Amymoe, I am so happy that you are feeling better... I was really worried about what was going on. I have eaten bread and have had no problems! I seem to be able to eat and eat and eat. I get my first fill on Monday

and I can not wait, originally I was supposed to go today but I got pushed back a few days. I am so nervous but thanks to the positive words I am hoping to have a easy fill as well.

Well I have been catching up with everyone's postings. I'm happy to see everyone is doing well. I have lost about 27lbs so far (pre op diet included). I find myself looking for people to notice, and feel like a failure when they don't. My doctor doesn't have you come in for a check up until 6 weeks after surgery which is when I will also get my first fill. I have no restriction so I find myself thinking what if it is out of place? Does anyone feel like that? Sometimes I can't stop worrying. I go for my follow up on the 23rd I hope to get all my questions answered.

Everyone keep up the good work...summer will be here soon!!!

Happy 1 month Anniversary everyone! I am so happy that I made this choice! How is everyone feeling now that its been 1 whole month gone by? So far I have lost aroune 29 pounds but it seems like for the past week or so I have been at a stand still, I have been walking about 3 miles a day and getting in about 75 grams of Protein a day so maybe its just time for my fill i guess. I have an appointment on the 19th to see Dr Wasser. I just got over a very bad cold as well as a sever ear infection so i am also wondering if that might have anything to do with the stall! but even though I have been at a stand atill my clothes seem to be fitting me better things i couldn't button a week ago fit perfectly now that is just the best feeling.

I am so happy my hubby actually sadid he can see a big difference in my face and how my clothes fit:w00t:. I am just hoping to get this scale moving again! Can't wait to for the skinny me to get out!LOL.

oh and just had a quick question, does anyone know about how much calories and protein are a good amount to be taking in right now? I am also scared that i am not taking in enough cals and burning too many. and that maybe i am not taking the right amount of protein? :ohmy:

I wish everyone the best of luck on this journey and hope to talk to all of you real soon!

I think we all slowed down it weight loss, because we need a fill. I sure know I need a fill and can't wait. I can eat & eat & eat. I try my very hardest not to, and sometimes I catch myself eating a little more than I should or eating way to fast because I am too hungry and need to get food in my stomach.

I get very worried about any situation with my banding ( i am a worry wort) but the more we are aware of things the better it will be for us.

I have had one piece of bread and had no problems but I have decided to stay away from bread after eating that piece. y reason for this is because it is high in Carbs and I want to stay on a low carb diet and counting my calories. So I will eat wraps which are healthier for you. There 90 calories and only 6 carbs. I also had overcooked noodles lastnight for dinner but my noodles were dreamfields which are 5 digestable carbs and this product is a little more expensive than your regular noodles. I shop at Giant food store here in PA and the noodles cost me $1.79 a box. Dreamfields is good for people who have diabeties. If anyone is interested please see their website Dreamfields Pasta Tastes Great, Low Carb Pasta, Diabetic Pasta, Healthy Pasta Recipes They have a coupon for dollar off on their website and have some really good recpies. When you eat these noodles you will never know the difference. My 15 year old son did not even know I changed my noodles :ohmy:. If anyone tries them please let me know your thoughts.

theresa0326: I have eat about a 1/4 - 1/2 cup of food per meal and eat about 800 calories a day. Now like I said earlier I find myself eating a little more than I should. I am still on protien shakes and will be faithly and What other's were teling me you should have 60-70 grams of protien a day. This helps with Hair loss

There is one thing I have been worried about, loosing this weight I am sure to have flabby skin and may at some point need a tumy tuck, however I really don't want to go that route and I am looking for any kind of information on how to loose your flabby skin after weight loss. I am doing some research on the web and any information I may find that is good I will sure share it with you. But I am asking you as a group rigth now, does anyone have any info they could share with me on this situation, please? I know this is sometime off but I like to be prepared for what is ahead of me. Thanks in advance.

Wow, 27 pounds is great, cherbear. I've only lost like 13. I've been exercising like crazy. About the loose skin, I've heard that exercising can really help tone it up and keep it from becoming a big issue. I'm hoping this works. My aunt had by-pass surgery 3 years ago and has a really bad problem with excess skin. Unfortunately, she never exercises, so I don't know if that would have helped or not. My doctor said that out of the 1300 patients they've done the lapband on, only a couple have wanted to have surgery for excess skin. So, I'm hoping this is the case.

I can't wait to get a fill on the 25th. I'm at such a standstill. I can eat bread, Pasta, rice, oranges, broccoli (things they said to be careful of). I don't know what will happen once I have my fill though. Bread does bother me a little if I don't chew it up good and take too big of a bite.

Getting ready to have a 4-day weekend, and I'm very excited! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hello fellow January 13th banders!

I had my first fill on Thursday. It was not bad at all. I had to drink three glasses of Water in the waiting room before I was allowed to leave. That went fine but now I am having alot of trouble eating. Everything is getting stuck and I am only eating mushies and liquids! I think I am too tight but maybe this is how I am supposed to feel?!? I am not hungry but I am terrified to eat. I will call my doctor on Tuesday if things don't get any better. Is anyone else who has had a fill experiencing this?

Maybell, I am right with you... I CAN EAT anything :rolleyes: I go for my fill on Monday and I know this sounds crazy but Jillbengt, I hope and pray I can't eat anything for a few days. My weight has gone up and dows, I had gotten down to 213 and wow was I excited NOT FOR LONG, it creeped back up to 219 AHHHHH. Please keep us posted, I am really curious to see how things progress for you, and I hope you are able to eat the normal small protions soon without being stuck.

Cherbear exercising makes a BIG difference on your abs and skin. I know some of you already know my journey and for that I am sorry if i bore you but I started at 347, got down to 210 THOUGHT I was happy had a Tummy Tuck and yes was a full blown exercise nut for that 2 year process :-) I was in the gym 7 days a week and had a trainer 3 days. I have really fallen off the wagon, went up to 240 stopped exercising and my stomache is a little flabby now... and that is after only loosing 21lbs... big difference. If I can figure out how to take pics, I will post mine her so that you can see them. Please take note that I had my surgery in 2003... my son was 3 and I was in all my glory. You can still see my scar, not that bad though I am fair skin and will say this was one of the best things that I have EVER done. I still love my waist my ASS, legs and arms are my problem as well as my CHINSSSSS (hehe). I did deliver another baby (Joey) in 2007 and as you will see I did not stretch that much. (My sister in law as MS and I carried a Joey for her and my brothere.... I thought I was done my kids are 9 and 11) If anyone can help me with a quick post lesson I would appreciate it.

P.S. Cherbear thanks for all the good websites!! And I am trying my ticker for the first time... keep your fingers crossed!

I thought the same thing before my fill. I would have been happy not to eat but now I am not so sure. The feeling of being stuck, the sliming, the burning pain, the nausea...it really is awful.

The big problem for me yesterday was that I was away all day for a basketball tournament that my boys were in. We were out of town and I had no choice but to go to restaurants with other people. I drank a Protein Shake before leaving at around 9:30 and, because the games were delayed, didn't eat anything else until 2:30 when the boys' entire team (and their parents) decided on lunch at Subway. By then I was starving but I knew I could not get a sandwich because I can't get bread through my band at all right now. I tried a piece of grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce. Mindful of my situation and that I was with a bunch of friends who knew nothing about my situation, I took miniscule bites and chewed really good. It didn't take more than three bites for me to get stuck. My mouth started sliming and my chest was burning then I turned a lovely shade of white just as the nausea set in. I kept making excuses to leave the table and go outside. After 20 minutes of this, I was still fully stuck and feeling awful. I didn't eat another bite of my food and everyone was looking at me pretty strange. Someone commented about me not eating and I lied and said I thought I got a piece of chicken stuck in the wrong tube.

Things only got worse for me though because after my boys team won the championships (yeah!), they all decided on a celebration dinner at a pizza place. I had only managed to get those chicken pieces through the band (took 2 hours to pass) and was now faced with the daunting task of eating in front of those same people again. I prayed for a cup of Soup on the menu to no avail so I settled for a piece of pizza. Again knowing that I couldn't eat the bread, I merely scraped the toppings off the pizza. It went better this time. I managed to eat about 3/4 of the toppings off one slice of pizza before getting stuck AGAIN! There I go again, sliming, turning white and disappearing into the bathroom. My friends must of thought I was crazy. It makes me laugh now but at the time I was completely miserable.

So today I am home and have only had a Protein shake and even that took me 15 minutes to get down. Water is fine for me though. Oh well, at least I am dropping weight like crazy.

I guess my advice to all of you (and myself) is careful what you wish for!:rolleyes:

Jill...OMG I am so sorry!!! I do not want to get stuck, I have made it this far with no side effects so I have no clue what it must feel like but from reading that I do not want to know. My daughter travels for dance and gymnastics and we are on travel for the next 4 weekends and like you we all go out to eat as a group:confused: You can not get Protein Drinks down.. oh crap I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. Were you on any special instructions for the first day?? I have heard that some people are on cold liquids only etc.

THANKS FOR SHARING and good luck