Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Good morning, ladies. It seems we are all going from strength to strength as each day goes by. I still have the gas pains, but it's not as bad as before. I agree--those Gas-X strips are a Godsend. I could not live without them! :yikes: I am down another pound today--it's averaging slightly more than a pound a day since I began the liquids-only diet on Sunday. So, the pain and suffering is showing an immediate payoff!:)

Last night, I slept better than I have since surgery, but I did wake up, coughing mucus again. That stuff is really gross!:w00t: I have had my morning cup of coffee and tried the Gerber pureed mangoes. OMG! It was so sweet to me that the first taste made me cringe. I cannot eat it! I had 1/2 a chocolate Protein Shake, and will venture onto other things today.

Tomorrow, I can advance to having bananas in my shakes, as well as mashed potatoes and stuff like that. I am famished! It was interesting cooking dinner for my family last night, though--I made them brown rice, with orange chicken and steamed broccoli and carrots. I had 1/2 a cup of split pea Soup in a plastic Glad food storage container! My kids looked at me like I was crazy:lol: I reminded them that mommy had a hernia operation on her tummy and can't eat the same as everyone else for a while. I sure missed a good plate of chicken and rice and veggies, though! I am finding that I can consume about 1/2 a cup of anything at a time. If I go past that, the gas is ferocious! I need to wait a good 30 minutes before I try anything else.

Tonight will be my first time out around other people and food--My younger son is leading our synagogue services with his Hebrew school class tonight, and I plan to attend. With the exception of my inlaws, (who think I had hernia surgery) no one at my congregation knows I had surgery, not even the rabbis--I will tell them tonight. After the service, there's always a huge spread of Desserts and coffee. Obviously, I won't able to partake, not even the obligatory eating of bread for the blessing. Come to think about it, I probably won't ever be able to that again!:crying: I'm sure all of you are also realizing some of the little things that will change forever--for me, it's a little bit of an emotional jolt each time I realize I'll never eat a certain food again. Yes, food is an addiction, isn't it? :unsure:

Adamsmom, so Soup already! Good for you. I think I'm doing a little better today. I did venture out to the bank and the store. But, I was ready to get out of the store a few minutes after I got there. I keep telling myself it has only been 3 days. I'm trying not to beat myself up. I just want to feel normal again. As far as incisions go- my Doctor told me he did something new with me and he thought I would be pleased. He said he hid them well. I only have 3. They are very small. Two on either side and one in/near my navel. I know they will hardly be noticeable but I can't help but wonder if the reason for all the pain is that maybe he just tried to do to much through those 3 tiny holes. Who knows? I'm swallowing my small pills whole, my big pills I am still breaking in half for fear of them getting stuck. anyway, thanks all for your support.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I too still have some pain! I was hoping to tone down the tylenol today but I'm not gonna suffer! I woke up this morning kinda blue! I think I've been stuck in this house too long! It's freezing in texas if u can believe that. I'm ready to get back to work and some social interaction!!!! :yikes: I almost think todays pain is a little worse than yesterday, and its still in my left side! Hopefully sometime soon it will go away! and I too think about the foods that I will never eat again! sounds rediculous (sp) but true! wishing everybody a great day!!!

As for the incision count: I have 5. 4 of them go along my waist line: one is in my belly button, one slightly to the left, and one more left of that. One is on the right of my belly buttonby about 8 inches. The last is up higher under my right breast, but level with the bottom of my rib cage. The 4 along the waist line caused some discomfort when I put on real clothes for the first time yesterday.

:) AHHH the thought of NEVER having a biscuit or chicken and dumplings again is making me sick... It was not a food I got that often anyway only if there was a Cracker Barrel around but OMG that is so depressing.

Breathe, think positive that is what I am telling myslef.. that Broccoli will tast just as good right :yikes:

O.K. I have 5 incisions all under my breast, no where near my belly button.. way up high (or maybe my boobs are way down low?) ANYWAY no were near as low as my belly button. I do know where that belongs. :yikes:

I also have 5 incisions. One, is to the right and above my belly button. Then I have 2 right under my breastbone. One is about two inches the other is about 4 inches. My port is below my left breast about 4 inches down and then the 5th is to the left and above the belly button.

I feel much better today and I am actually at work this morning. I am only doing a half day but I did not want to be stuck in the house! The gas is getting MUCH better. I tell you guys, I don't think my stomache has ever rumbled and made that much noise. My family all got the giggles:tongue:

I have been sticking to the cold and room temperature food. I think in the end I need to follow my Dr. instructions. I can start having Soup and warm food tomorrow! So far I have had no desire to eat much of anything and I will be ok for that feeling to stay with me for awhile, because I know that disfunction will come around soon enough.

I am so glad that everyone is doing well!

2 of my incisions are above my belly button to the left and then one to the right, they are about 4inches and then I have 2 smaller ones under my rib cage about 2 inches. Then the last one is between my rib cage.

I got out of the house today for a bit and did somethings and it is very cold here in PA. i will be going out tonight as well to see my Bloody valentine in 3D. I just will not be able to have my pretzels with cheese :yikes:. I can't wait to actually eat again. Some one said food can be addicting, that sure is the truth and that is why we all now have help.

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope that everyone is feeling as well as me and my hubby are. We are doing great. He is having a little more difficulity with the no eating than I am. But we get to start eating tomorrow. Musshies and squishes is what my doctors office calls it....meaning anything you can mush with a fork as well as juicy chicken, fish, turkey, etc.

We are looking forward to tomorrow but we are also going to tread with caution.

We are going to head out to the movies today to see Bart the Mall Cop.

About incisions - I have 6 but remember I had to have a hernia repair. I have one in my belly button and one on each side about 2-3 inches away from my belly button. Then I have three at the top of my stomach one right under my boob - that is the port. One right in the middle that was my hernia and I have no idea what the other one was for but they are three side by side.

I also have a bandaid on my arm, like I must gotten a shot or something during surgery because I sure dont remember getting one before.

My husband has 7! He calls them bullet holes and I have no idea why he has so many. He did have the bigger band though so not sure if that has anything to do with it the number.

I am so happy to hear that we are all doing well. But I find it so funny who can eat when. Becky at my Dr's office said that we dont want to torture you to long so we let you eat pretty soon but no more than 1/4 at a time.

Have a great day everyone!

OMG Tweety I am sooo Jealous :) I would love to eay anything mushie... BUT I have to go 2 full weeks of liquids. I think my Dr. really hates me or something (hehe)

Has anyone noticed a pain in one side under their rib cage? I had a bad pain this morning when I was trying to get out of bed?? I am assuming it is the port. If anyone has a clue, please let me know. I go back to the Dr. on Monday so I am hoping he will say all looks good EAT but I know that wont happen. It is so funny how everything on T.V is food, and all I can think about is food. PRETTY pathetic huh.

No that is not pathetic and u are not alone! The people at work ordered on the border and I was drooling over their food!! HAHA Ok I can definatly feel the band i think! I used to not be able to but now it is a different feeling. Does anybody else have a weird feeling when they eat or need to burp? like a heaviness? It has just changed all in 1 day. I too had the pain under the rib cage but woke up this morning with it gone so hopefully urs will 2! Also I sat at work lastnight upright in a chair for quite awhile and boy was it uncomfortable. Has anybody done the same. Hope everybody has a good weekend!

Yes, we're all different. I got to start mushies today. I started the morning with a scrambled egg. It took me so long to eat just 3 tiny bites that the rest of it got cold and i gave it to the dog. I was afraid of not chewing properly, but everything stayed down. I just had a 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes for lunch! HEAVEN! I mixed in some unjury chicken Soup flavored Protein powder to boost the Protein. I also had a chocoltate Unjury shake with soy milk and gerber baby food pureed pears. I am down another pound today--I am averaging about a pound of weight loss each day.

Andylou--I get that weird feeling everytime I eat or drink. It's very uncomfortable. Last night I thought I would die whenmy antibioic capsule got stuck on the way down. It made me feel really bad for a long time.

I went to my support group meeting today. My Weight Loss clinic has seperate support groups for bypass and band patients. The other band patients and prospective band patients were amazed that I was up and around so quickly after surgery and driving myself across the county to get to the meeting, and looking well. A lot of the veteran bandsters say the gas will ease up after time, but gets bad again for a day or so after each fill.

Glad to hear you're all doing better.

O.K. I know I am a worry wart :) My big incision, the one

to the right hand side is really sore and is bruised purple. Everytime I go to cough, get up etc. it is sore. NOT going to kill me but just curious.

I had my surgery on the 13th also. All things went well and am today tolerating fluids (Shakes and Clear Liquids only). I still have a lump but it is keeping me honest:thumbup: the bloating has been a real pain though. They found I had a cyst on my liver and took care of that at the same time so I think my stomach movement was a little slower coming back. Yesterday I had trouble getting the shakes down so I listened to my body and only did clear liquids. Much better every day as the swelling goes down. Gas X was also a great recommendation. I go back to work on Tuesday.

What a difference a day makes! I woke up this morning and the swelling was all but gone and yes I am still muscle sore but I even slept on my side for awhile last night. Today is the first day I have been allowed warm foods. I had 1/2 cup of pureed butternut squash Soup. I was very nervous, but it all went down fine. It is amazing to get by with that little. I am having a hard time getting the shakes down and I had to order my Protein poweder so hopefully it will be in Monday and I can lean off the shakes a bit. So far I am ok with full liquids. I am sure as I heal that will get harder, but it is only 2 weeks of my life.

My incisions are quite bruised but I do remember the recovery nurse mentioning that one of the medications they use can cause that. They are really starting to itch!

I am doing the grocery store for my family tonight and we have warmed up into the high 30's so I took a nice walk with my dog and son...Everything seems so much better today!