Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Losing. . . except my mind.

I'm getting my first fill tomorrow, and i'm a bit nervous. I was doing well, then the last 3 - 4 days i've done rotten. I'm afraid to get on the scales, but, tomorrow i'll have to.

I'm really happy to have found this website and the people on it. I do not want to hear that others are not doing well, but I do like knowing that what i'm going through is normal and then reading that people get through it and do move forward and lose weight!

Thanks to all!

If you go back to any given month (I picked May of 2008) you will see the posts from people at the stage we are at post surgery complaining that they are not losing. Most of those people's tickers are down 45 lbs or more now 8 months out. So we just need to hang in there and keep doing what we are supposed to do...eat right, exercise, get our fills, follow the band rules. It will come!

Just wondering how everyong that was not losing is doing. I just had my 4th fill today which puts me at 7.2cc. Does not feel any different. I have not eaten yet so we'll see. Anybody losing weight? I still am up then down. This sucks.

I finally get my first fill later today. I'm hoping that'll help some. I lost the 8lbs that I gained, but I still feel kind of off.

I'm in physio for my leg now, so I still can't do much in the way of excersising. Ugh.

Can't complain though, I was actually kind of excited when I got stuck on something. I know that my band is in there, which while painful, is very comforting to know.. heh

We all have the same problem. We are all compulsive overeaters I am for sure.

We all chose the band to help us on the road to good health but it is only a tool it wont do it for us. Yes this is Bandster Hell time we must still take control for now.

To become sober an Alcoholic must stop drinking. A compulsive overeater is no different only food is the booze. We can’t stop eating so what can we do?

For me I chose to not eat between meals that would be like an Alcoholic taking a drink.

Exercise must become the most important activity of are day put off what we must but walk at least 30 minutes per day seven days a week

Get a logbook and start recording daily I do.

Log how much liquid, drink 48 to 64 oz per day. Record your Protein input. Eat 60 to 70 grams of protein per day no more. Drink Protein Drinks if needed to get to this number.

I do record my calories but not required I eat 400 to 600 per day.

Yes I do get hungry the Band fills have not caught up with that yet but they will. But then we chose weight lose surgery. So get over it use willpower 6 months to a year is a very small price to pay for our good health. I use low sodium v8 juice and protein drinks between meals to help with the hungers.

Good luck

hi i also was banded nov. 19 2008, first fill dec. 19, 2008. i am losing but not at the pace i see everyone else is. it is a slow process for me. keep the faith and follow your diet plan and exercise. can someone explain to me how to put the ticker info on my site. and the wt. lost info?

I can completely relate to you. I was banded in April of last year and have only lost 44 pounds. During this time I have had a total of 4 fills. I had a set back after my second fill because my doc overfilled me (4.5 cc) and I was vomiting all the time, so I had to have a complete unfill done and had to start from scratch again a month later. I am currently at 3.5 cc's and have been at this amount for the last 3 months and we cannot go at or beyond 4.5 cc's because I vomit alot. My doc and I have determined that we are kinda stuck right now and should wait another month to try to put a little bit more in to see how I do. But in the mean time, I am very, very frustrated, as well as disappointed, that the people who were banded around the same time that I was, have lost almost 100 pounds by now and I have not. Its very heartbreaking and cannot understand why I am not losing the weight. I no longer eat breads or Desserts - pretty much sacraficed everything I've loved, and I still continue to watch my portions because i will experience a vomiting episode if not careful. I just dont get it..;)

I was banded on November 6th and have lost about 30 pounds -- very, very slowly. Had my first fill and had it done in radiology with the doctor. Feel the restriction.

Have had some difficulty with drinking too soon after eating-- felt the food go through the band -- I know that is not good -- am losing at the 1-2 pound per week rate mostly the one pound rate.

I know it did not go on over night and will not go off over night but sometimes I wish it would just move it.

I am exercising by riding the recumbent bike 7-10 miles per day about 6 days a week but somedays I just don't want to.

Clothing size has dropped one good size and working on the second one -- I am a emotional and a bored eater -- trying to replace the bad eating with good eating but it is sooo hard.

I was banded on November 6th and have lost about 30 pounds -- very, very slowly. Had my first fill and had it done in radiology with the doctor. Feel the restriction.

Have had some difficulty with drinking too soon after eating-- felt the food go through the band -- I know that is not good -- am losing at the 1-2 pound per week rate mostly the one pound rate.

I know it did not go on over night and will not go off over night but sometimes I wish it would just move it.

I am exercising by riding the recumbent bike 7-10 miles per day about 6 days a week but somedays I just don't want to.

Clothing size has dropped one good size and working on the second one -- I am a emotional and a bored eater -- trying to replace the bad eating with good eating but it is sooo hard.

OMG your doing and losing exactly where you should be. I was banded 11/19 and have lost 8 pounds. I would killl to have lost 30.

I posted this on another thread, but I thought it would fit in equally well here.

I didn't feel much restriction until my 4th fill about 4 months out; that wasn't quite enough and my 5th fill about 5 months out finally gave me enough restriction that I began to understand what people meant by the "sweet spot".

You will stay hungry for about the first 2-4 weeks until your stomach gets adjusted to the new limited amounts. After that, you will still have head hunger issues and/or desire to eat larger portions than you should until you reach the "sweet spot". Once at the sweet spot, even if you crave something and give in, just a small amount goes a long way. Of course that doesn't apply to "liquid" food.

I had a lot of questions and doubts initially because I really did think this was the easy way out prior to surgery. I was self-pay so I didn't have to jump through all the hoops and go through all the classes, etc. Had I done so, I might not have gone through the surgery. Now, I am so glad I did go through with the surgery but I admit I went through it blind.

In looking back, I realize the first 3 months were the toughest because the band isn't working at its optimum level (at least for me). Don't fool yourselves into thinking you can get bigger fills to get more restriction early -- that's a dangerous road to band slippage or even worse, erosion. Let your mind, body and band have the time it needs to get to know each other and become a healthy team.

I posted this on another thread, but I thought it would fit in equally well here.

I didn't feel much restriction until my 4th fill about 4 months out; that wasn't quite enough and my 5th fill about 5 months out finally gave me enough restriction that I began to understand what people meant by the "sweet spot".

You will stay hungry for about the first 2-4 weeks until your stomach gets adjusted to the new limited amounts. After that, you will still have head hunger issues and/or desire to eat larger portions than you should until you reach the "sweet spot". Once at the sweet spot, even if you crave something and give in, just a small amount goes a long way. Of course that doesn't apply to "liquid" food.

I am at my sweet spot that is the problem. I eat small amounts of food on a salad plate. I eat Protein and veggie at meals, no carbs. Stay full for 5 hours and am still not losing a thing. I should be dropping weight compared to what I use to eat. I am at 7.2cc in a 10cc band. I get full quick and stay there. I don't snack at all during the day just eat my meals. I just dont know what else I can do to get the scale to move.

WannaBSKinnyB

We share the same band date and its just not right that Men lose faster than Woman. But I also have my own problems would give anything to be at my own sweet spot the hungers are driving me crazy. I must keep reminding myself that time and more fills will take care of that I am only at 4.5cc in a 10cc band now.

Remind yourself that you are only two months post op and was told Lap Band is slower than RNY that was also are choice.

From what I read in your posts the way you are eating you will get skinny but it will be slow.

From what I have read here on the Forum on those that have lost a lot fast they pretty much all say they keep a log and exercise exercise.

WannaBSKinnyB fast to SKinnyBME get a log book and start recording you may get a surprise.

The hard one for us all is exercise and could be what is causing you to loss slowly. You might consider reporting your effort to us I do walk 30 minuets to a hour every day

WannaB, are you exercising at all? Have you talked to your doctor yet about getting your thyroid checked? Do you have PCOS? I think I asked you these before but you never answered. All can lead to slower than optimal weight loss.

I agree with Old Goat...start using www.thedailyplate.com and weighing/measuring your portions to get a grip on how much you are really taking in in terms of volume, fat and calories. If you are doing everything right and still not losing , you need to see a doctor to find out why your metabolism is so low. Either way, you should feel relieved to get some answers, whether its poor food choices and amounts, lack of exercise or a medical issue. Once you have answers you can go forward to get where you want to be.

I am in the same position as you, banded 18th Nov 08, not losing, it's driving me mad!! so frustrating...... Your post has helped me loads, Thank you, It's good to know I'm not going mad, dieting and not losing has to be the worst!!

Whats your next action??

I thought it was just me.....I had to come on today to see if anyone out there was experiencing the same (no restriction). I am expected to stay on a 1200 cal/day diet...ON MY OWN! FOOLISHNESS! Although I try to really be conscience of the things I eat it would be a greater help if I COULDNT get the bad stuff down then maybe I wouldnt try. I was banded Nov 13th @ 239lbs today after 3rd fill with now 6.5cc (at least thats what they tell me) I am 224lbs.....I thought this fill would have given me this "sweet spot" I hear so much about but nope....for lunch I was able to eat a whole chicken breast, a whole plate of salad and a cookie. I know I dont feel hungry but to tell you the truth I "CAN" eat some more so now I am doing fruit and Water for the rest of the day. The real challenge is when I get home...and no I am not eating and drinking, I sometimes forget to drink so busy looking for the restricition. WHERE IS THE DAMN SWEET SPOT!!!!

DISTRESSED! :bananalama: