Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

Hi again everyone!

Not sure if many are popping in, doesn't seem it, but thought I'd give it a try.

I ended up going and having a bit taken out after my last question of sudden tightness - seem to still be doing ok, although I certainly have been trying to get 'back on track' again in the last couple weeks.

However, last night and today I've had another issue I thought I'd check with y'all on. Suddenly last night, my port area started to feel really bruised on the inside. It's not red or swollen or hot, but when I move wrong I really feel it, i even woke up once last night rolling over because it hurt. does anyone know anything about this? Or have had it happened? I think I'm going to kind of see how it is today and tomorrow, and then i might call or msg the maples to see what they say. I REALLY don't want to have to drive to Manitoba just for it, but will if they want me to. Just hoping it was that i moved wrong or something somewhere along the way.... i didn't even get crazy at thanksgiving dinner last night, so I can't blame that!

Hope you're all doing well!

When did this band together support group start?? First of I've heard of it, I would definitely have gone to the corn maze thing in Sept!

It's been a rough go of it for me, had to have all the Fluid taken out of band over a month ago in anticipation of surgery of a different kind. I've gained 7 pounds. AACKK!! Have a fill next week and looking forward to getting back on the wagon. I hope I can convince them to go up faster than 1cc at a time!

More info about the support group needed please!

How are you doing Grams? You won't ever regret doing this.

Thank you. I'm anxious for tomorrow to come, and looking forward to getting on with it. How are you doing?

Wish You all the best Grams. Not much happening on this web site lately.But we have now a support Group right here in Winnipeg. You may wand to check it .

Band Together Winnipeg!!!

Thanks so much. I'm definitely interested in the support group so I'll be in touch and follow the postings. When were you banded?

I was banded June 14 and lost 80lb so far,apr. 68% of what i like to lose. Next fill appointment is on Tuesday [tomorrow]. Maples have info about the Support Group. Just ask for it. Maid see You there

Hooray I'm done!!! Hurt like hell when I woke up, had a little trouble getting my oxygen up, but was operated at 8 this morn, came home at 3 and all in all feeling good. Tylenol 3's are a wonderful thing!!! Let the losing begin.:smile2:

Congratulation on Your successful banding Grams. It was a wise thing to do.You wand be sorry. Good luck ,go lose it.The support Group came together just this Summer/ Fall. The more persons are joining the Group the more helpful and fun it will be. So if any one is interested to check it out . Her is the web site http://

bandtogetherwinnipeg.blogspot.com

Moonbeam, wish You well to get back on Track. Maples has more info about the Support Group to,Just ask them.

Congratulation on Your successful banding Grams. It was a wise thing to do.You wand be sorry. Good luck ,go lose it.The support Group came together just this Summer/ Fall. The more persons are joining the Group the more helpful and fun it will be. So if any one is interested to check it out . Her is the web site http://

bandtogetherwinnipeg.blogspot.com

Moonbeam, wish You well to get back on Track. Maples has more info about the Support Group to,Just ask them.

Thanks Big Gerr, did you get your fill yesterday? I don't feel any restriction, can drink normal and had a Protein Shake last night. Have a great day!:smile:

Sharing a post from another thread FYI.

Gram ok lets talk, tynenol 3 no big drugs, that great..worse then childbirth?

hope everything keeps going good for you. I have a week. Did you have any shoulder pain?

did they change any of your meds?

can you feel the band around your stomach?

when you feel better let me know how it is?

cherie

nowhere close to childbirth... they gave me a painkiller in my iv post op then Ty3 at home, I can tell when they are wearing off, left shoulder pain from gas used to place port but manageable, coughing hurts but not horrible, have 5 small incisions, they repaired a hernia while they were in, can't feel the band at all, but can the port it's sore, had no nausea, and I was able to drink right away, was hungry last night so I had a Protein Shake again no problem. I hope they didn't forget to put the band in:scared2:. Not to worry you'll do fine, keep me posted and good luck. I hope they don't run out of bikinis next summer:thumbup:

Grams, I did not feel any restriction on till my first fill [2cc] Second Fill {an other 2cc ] got me close to the Ideal amount of restriction.8 Weeks later [Yesterday] I ask for one more cc and found out Today it was a little bit to much. I was able to drink the Water after the Fill, but today it completely choked me off. Had to go in to take some out again[ 1.5 cc ]. so next time I try with maybe only .75 cc to get me at 4.25cc total . then will see , maybe it is better with smaller Steps ,specially approaching the Ideal SPOT.

Today is my 3rd day on the recovery "band" wagon. They found and repaired a hernia when they went in as well as placing the band. I'd love to say this is a piece of cake (especially since today is my birthday) but it really isn't. Each day is getting better though and I can't wait to start seeing the results. I'm not weighing myself this week as I'm very bloated from the surgery, but next Wed. will be 4 weeks and I plan to start the day with a weigh-in and a Protein shake!!! Thinking of you all that are on this path with me. Roll on November so we can start reporting in big or at least steady losses. Safe journey.:)

Today is my 3rd day on the recovery "band" wagon. They found and repaired a hernia when they went in as well as placing the band. I'd love to say this is a piece of cake (especially since today is my birthday) but it really isn't. Each day is getting better though and I can't wait to start seeing the results. I'm not weighing myself this week as I'm very bloated from the surgery, but next Wed. will be 4 weeks and I plan to start the day with a weigh-in and a Protein shake!!! Thinking of you all that are on this path with me. Roll on November so we can start reporting in big or at least steady losses. Safe journey.:)

Wish You a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

"Happy Birthday"!!! I'm sorry you couldn't have birthday cake but it will be well worth it soon! Today is my husband's birthday, too! Bless his heart....he didn't get a cake, ice cream or party:sad: We can Celebrate next year.

And I am so happy that you say each day is getting better. Those are encouraging words. A couple of more days and "the journey" will begin.:) I am having to keep myself pumped up because I have a son and grand-daughter that are worried. I appreciate their concern but I need their encouragement right now. They worry about any surgery and since this one is really my idea (and not necessary to them) it bothers them. Don't get me wrong...I love them for it! They are so sweet.

I kept my great grandson for a few hours today! Now that was fun!!! My grand daughter is going back to work a couple of days a week and she asked me to keep this little bundle of joy! Life is good. And God is good All The Time!:)

Let me hear from you. Take care. Blessings, Pat

"Happy Birthday"!!! I'm sorry you couldn't have birthday cake but it will be well worth it soon! Today is my husband's birthday, too! Bless his heart....he didn't get a cake, ice cream or party:sad: We can Celebrate next year.

And I am so happy that you say each day is getting better. Those are encouraging words. A couple of more days and "the journey" will begin.:) I am having to keep myself pumped up because I have a son and grand-daughter that are worried. I appreciate their concern but I need their encouragement right now. They worry about any surgery and since this one is really my idea (and not necessary to them) it bothers them. Don't get me wrong...I love them for it! They are so sweet.

I kept my great grandson for a few hours today! Now that was fun!!! My grand daughter is going back to work a couple of days a week and she asked me to keep this little bundle of joy! Life is good. And God is good All The Time!:bolt:

Let me hear from you. Take care. Blessings, Pat

Good Morning Pat, I'm happy to report that I'm MUCH better today! I knew I was feeling better when I wanted Breakfast. It's the first time I've wanted food since the surgery. Having said that I've been up for an hour and all I've had is a few sips of coffee. I don't have restriction yet but I sure don't have an appetite either yay! I had one son and a daughter-in-law that were worried about the idea of surgery too but I just reminded them of all the weight related surgery my sister had before she passed away at age 57 and they cautiously supported me. We have to keep in mind that we're doing this for our health too although it's more fun to talk about the new look. Your great grandson sounds yummy you are very lucky and think how much better you'll be able to keep up with him when he starts running around. Wish your husband a belated Happy Birthday for us. I told mine I want to go dancing for my birthday next year!!! Stay positive it's positively worth it.:wink2:

Hey Pat today's your big day, my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery and a successful journey are on their way. Let me know how you're doing. Hugs Lynne:thumbup: