Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

hi, looking for anyone that has had or is intending to have lap band surgery @ Maples Surgical Centre. I'm hoping for early 09.

Hi there. My name is Joanne and I'm being banded at maples on jan 2/08. I have had a huge amount of difficulty sticking to the pre-op 600 cal/day diet. In fact, I haven't stuck to it. But I have decreased my intake by at least 2/3 of what I used to eat. Hopefully that will be enough. Do you have a date set yet? You can contact me at tundragal@hotmail.com if you'd like to talk. take care.

hi Joanne, glad to hear I'm not alone at the maples centre.....I'm sure there are more of us on here...but most seem to be from further west. Good luck with your upcoming surgery!!

Hi Mimi. How did your pre-op meeting go? I got banded on the 2nd and am now 3 days post op and feel pretty good - still taking tons of naps, but otherwise no pain as such, just some generalized discomfort now and then. I'm still not sure what hunger feels like, but I now have a sense of full - kind of a pressure feeling in my throat, which is usually relieved by sitting up for a while. When is your date? How is the opti-fast going? If there is any way I can help, please let me know. Take care, Joanne

Hi Joanne, Consultation went well, certainly feel very comfortable with the folks at the Maples Centre. I go see my GP today for the physical and blood work etc. I don't know yet how long I'll have to wait to set a surgery date. Jen had indicated that she had a few dates open for Feb. but that they had done lots of consults thru Dec. so it was kind of a first come first choice basis. Hopefully will have all paper work back to her by the end of next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you seem to have little discomfort!! :tongue2:

Just a quick update,

Surgery date Oct 14th 2008

Start weight 295

Jan 6th weight 264

Loss of 31 lbs.

Went to see about a fill yesterday, Said because sometimes food won't go down won't put anymore fliud in have 4 cc in band. Go back March 3rd to see how I am doing. Feeling good just cold at times.

weight.png

I have a date!!!! Surgery is scheduled for Feb. 2nd. I start the opti-fast next week. Not looking forward to being on that for two weeks but very much looking forward to the changes I will be able to make afterwards. Now have to figure out how to have my own ticker thingy with my posts. :laugh:

put in your values then say get code usually brings up another page wait for it to load copy and paste the code into your post. there are 2 different ones not sure which one. try both and then delete the one that didn't work. Hope this helps.

quote=mimi5757;1122914]:confused:Weight Loss - Diet Ticker]

Could someone please tell me how to get this ticker thing to work? I start my opti-fast tomorrow....surgery in two weeks. Wish me luck!

I really must be doing something wrong cause I can't get anything to work for me.....I need "Ticker for Dummies" instructions.

I realize this thread hasn't really had much attention lately, but I just wanted to share that I'm having my surgery at the Maples clinic on April 28th - it's been a fast process, my consultation was just last week but I'm really excited, although fairly nervous as well.

I have to say I've been very impressed with everyone i've dealt with at and through Maples - Jen, the doctors, the psychiatrist and the dietician, not to mention the other people working at the clinic that I've spoken with. They've all been fabulous - I was very nervous starting the consultation process, but it didn't take me long to realize how committed all of these people are to helping.

Anyway - just wanted to share my news, and also offer my 2 cents of dealing with the people at Maples thus far. Provided there's nothing unseen in the next few weeks, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone, they truly are fantastic!

Hi All! whew glad I found you guys!

I'm having my surgery TOMORROW!!! ackk!

I agree, the folks at the Maples seem to be pretty good. Tomorrow will tell!

Do you guys know, if there is a "real life" support group here in Winnipeg? It would be really neat to set up a bit of a support system. I know I could use it! Ok I'm off to try to get a bit of sleep.

Cheers!

Lara

Wow - that's awesome - good luck tomorrow! I would love to hear how you do! I start my pre-op diet tomorrow - just had my "last meal" tonight - and feel really ready to start tomorrow!

I can't offer help on a Winnipeg support group, as I'm in Sk - but hope you find one!