Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I hope that the holiday season is kind to everyone and their lap-band goals. I for one am planning some band friendly food for myself and the rest of the family can eat all the turkey and stuffing they want... I never really was big on turkey anyways so I don't feel too bad about it.

I'm excited to go to the clinic next week and show them that I've finally made some progress, it only took 9 months but I think its finally working the way it should. Maybe I've found my "sweet spot" wouldn't that be nice!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I am worried about the big dinner tomorrow, finally feeling what seems to be my 'sweet spot' .....have to eat veeeerrrryyy slowly or else! I may have to just eat mushies and leave the rest so I'm not still eating dinner at supper time :) Here's hoping we all manage well through the holidays. CHEERS!

Happy New Year!

This is the first year in many that I have not written in my diary that I will lose weight this year! I don't need to because it's not a resolution, it's a fact..thanks to my lap band!

I do with the band would stop me from eating those yummy Cookies and sweets my mom makes though. Mmmm. Went up and down throughout the holidays by about a pound. Time to get serious again and do my part by watching what I put in my mouth.

Hope everyone had a happy safe and wonderful Holiday Season and all the best in 2010!

Hello Everyone,

Merry Christmas and most of all Happy New Year!

I was banded on December 8th. Things have gone very well so far!

The holiday has gone well and I'm sitting about 25lbs down since my original start (before the diet).

I have found my portions to be much smaller than before and I have been lucky not have to have a throw up issue..but a couple of times I felt like I was close! I am now paying more attention to my body "are you satisfied?" "Sure am, don't stuff anymore in here or you'll see it all again!" LOL!

Anyway all the best to everyone!!

Take care,

Sarah

Hello everyone, How did you all do over the holidays? I must confess buttertarts got the best of me....and as Doctor B. says the band isn't buttertart proof :smile2: I went in this morning for my checkup and managed to be down a bit.....good thing all these bits add up! Now to get back on track.

Hello everyone, How did you all do over the holidays? I must confess buttertarts got the best of me....and as Doctor B. says the band isn't buttertart proof :thumbup: I went in this morning for my checkup and managed to be down a bit.....good thing all these bits add up! Now to get back on track.

well i was wide open all xmas and did not gain any weight...first time i think in twenty years...did not lose but frick'n happy did not gain:)...trying to get back on the band wagon and will give the next six months a good try....one year comes pretty quick...hope everyone has a good year...

Hi All!

Thought I'd check in a see where everyone is at now that we're past all of that holiday stuff for good.

Myself seem to be doing well. I had an appt just before the new year and didn't end up getting a fill since I was down for the first time. I believe it was 5 pounds but now I'm a little fuzzy. I'm headed to the clinic again this tuesday at 5:40 for another check-up and I'm not sure whether I will have a fill this time. Last time I was sure I wouldn't need one. Right now, not so much. I think that I will be down 2 to 3 pounds but I've noticed a slight increase in my food intake the last few weeks.

Food tolerance wise, no: bread, Pasta, potatoes, crackers, chips... anything starchy I guess. I made the driest piece of toast the other day, I just wanted toast so bad and well no go. After the first 1 cm2 bite I knew it wasn't gonna happen. I resorted to licking it. Yes I did! I just wanted toast ;)

I'm taking possession of my very first house in less than two weeks so we'll see how some stress factors will play into this.

Just wanted to check in with everyone and ask a couple questions

I had a fill shortly after Christmas, and while I feel it's certainly more restricting, I'm not sure if it's where it should be or if it should be more. I've had a couple incidents of really slight vomiting, which is new for me. That reason alone makes me feel like I shouldn't fill any more, yet it seems to me I'm STILL eating a lot more than I thought I would.

I have found it hard to re-learn how to eat every since surgery, ie - slowing down, smaller bites, chewing more. In December I decided to have a custom hypnosis session made up that I listen to a few times a week at bedtime, and it has helped a LOT with these problems. It's still a battle, but I truly believe it has helped somewhat. Does any have any other tips for these problems?

Hope you're all doing well and have recovered now from the holidays!

k.

Hi SK,

I've found teaching myself how to eat difficult as well. One would think the negative consequences of eating badly would quickly change our behaviors wouldn't you? LOL I have had many many moment where I'm about to vomit, or slime or feel very uncomfortable and I ask myself "why won't I learn!!!??" I think its a combination of learning a new habit and overcoming years and years of mindless eating. I was sitting with a skinny friend of mine, she watched me eat the new way, and the new portion size. Her comment was "that's how I've always eaten" So now we use our new tool, the band and try to eat right more often than wrong or suffer the consequences. We'll get there!

hi all. i got a fill again. i am up to 6.5cc and have finally have resrtiction. yippee....80 pounds on will power...lol...i dont think so...

I'm at 6.5 as well, but your will power seems much more intact than mine mr 80 lbs!

did linda do your fill? did she mention anything about the regina clinic? when I was there she was going for an interview - hope that if she works for them it doesn't change that she does the fills for us because i loooooove her!! But i'm pretty sure she wouldn't leave us in the rough!

How's wifey doing?!?

ya linda's great. hope she does not stop she says she wont so thats good.. wifes doing well. she started losing after her last fill.. i think she is at 60 pounds lost now i will get her to email u. is your hubby going to manitoba or regina? i hear its like 15000 bucks there or something like that, or did he get it already...good luck....

Oooh I'm glad she's starting to lose now since her last fill! 60lbs is nothing short of awesome on it's own, but when things start working it's gonna be awesome!

As for my husband - he's holding off now on the surgery again - he was always flip-floppy but figured he'd get the consult over and done with when he did. If he flops again and decides to do it, it will absolutely be in Regina - it's just so much more easy for us, 2 hours vs way too man - you know the story! I'm thankful for Maples because I'm happy to have had the surgery over and done with, but maaaan it woulda been nice to have it in Regina!

Hope you both continue to do well - keep in touch and let me know how things are going!

k.

ps - to everyone - how much do taking pills SUCK!?! bah even with the pill cutter, it's horrible!!

Happy Valentines day everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great day and treating the special people in their lives with kindness and love!

Hello everyone, Anyone else have fill appointments this Tuesday (16th)? I've been losing and gaining the same three pounds for a month now :angry:. Hoping to get myself back on the losing track. CONGRATS to all of you who are doing well!!