Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2009 Bansters?

i had my surgery on 2/16/08. i am so happy i did this i could cry. i actually feel hopeful about myself for the first time in a long time. i started at 223 it caused alot of problems. high bld prssr, severe arthritis and very painful carpal tunnel syndrome. well guess what, in the last 2 days my hands are pain free and no more numbness. i have lost about 13 pounds and it has taken the pressure off my median nerve. if anyone wants to hear my story just pm me. good luck.

Well I was banded Tuesday. The best thing I could think to bring was a small bottle of chlorseptic spray and a good lip balm. I also had a few tic tacs. It was SO dry in there. THat was my biggest complaint. My mouth and throat felt like a desert. I was not allow ice chips the first day so the swabs with Water helped. Ice packs to my port site and mid section helped. I luckily found a comfortable position lying on my side without the port and slept most of the time. Good luck. If I made it then anyone can.

Well Friday is the big day. I am insanely nervous. I am confident that everything will go well. I just wonder what in the world am I getting myself into? I know it is something that needs to be done for my health, but I am scared I will never be able to enjoy food again.

Chrissy,

You will be fine...2 weeks out you will be able to eat all the things that you used to, with a few exceptions. I cut out bread/doughy things, rice, soda, cake-like items...but I have never actually known if they cause problems, I just decided to limit those things, or not eat them at all, and I have had no issues, and I was banded 2/13. You will be fine, it was one of the easiest surgeries I have ever had. Good luck!

*e

I agree. I had my surgery on Tuesday. I am just now feeling pretty good. I just had a half cup of key lime yogurt. Took me a half hour to eat it but boy was it good. I imagine I will be able to eat solids in a couple of weeks and start experimenting with how they go down. I want to avoid feeling sick as much as possible. Hey, if I can do this so can you. I am a big chicken!

Thanks for the support and kind words. It really is helpful to hear success stories. I know I am doing the right thing, it just helps to be reminded sometimes!

Well I am home, surgery was yesterday. Everything went fine. I ended up having a hernia repaired at the same time. They are making me give myself two shots a day for the next two weeks for a blood thinner. I thought that was strange. I haven't heard anyone else mention that before.

Other than being sore, I am doing okay. The hardest part will be trying not to do too much.

Chrissy,

You will be fine...2 weeks out you will be able to eat all the things that you used to, with a few exceptions. I cut out bread/doughy things, rice, soda, cake-like items...but I have never actually known if they cause problems, I just decided to limit those things, or not eat them at all, and I have had no issues, and I was banded 2/13. You will be fine, it was one of the easiest surgeries I have ever had. Good luck!

iq

*e

I had my surgery on the 16th. When were you allowed to eat other foods besides liquids? I am suppose to be able to start mushies on Monday. I have to admit, i had eggs this morning. I am very active and I feel like I am out of steam with the liquids. The egg went down okay, and I feel fine. If I feel like everything is good, tonight, I might have low fat refried Beans. Am I wrong for having an egg today, instead of waiting until Monday?

I was banded on 2/13 and a can eat anything to.I have to say i'm really feeling hungery !!I have to wait until march 12 to get a fill.I'm feeling really good two weeks out except this feeling under my left rib ,the dr said my diaphram is irriatated from surgery?It feels like a pulled muscule??

Blood thinner therapy is common after surgery. I got 3 shots a day for the two days I was in the hospital. Maybe you have to do your shots because of the added procedure of hernia repair. Either way a little pinch of a needle a couple of times a day is better than a blood clot anytime. Hang in there. Report any abnormal bruising or gum bleeding too.

It's probably where your port is located. That is where my pain is and yes it feels like a pulled muscle when I cough or deep breathe. I have to put pressure on the area sometimes when I get up or turn in bed. I was just banded this past Tuesday. I just wonder how long this will be felt? Does it ever go completely away? Does a fill aggravate it?

Hi, I'm a teacher as well. Actually an art teacher and on my feet all the time. I had surgery on a Wed and went back to work the following Monday. I don't think I would have been ready any earlier, but it did force me to walk more than I would have at home. I had pain in my shoulder and side and took it easy Monday and Tuesday back. Good Luck.

I was banded on Feb. 18th and followed doctors orders exactly until last night. I ate cottage cheese for dinner but decided to suck on some fresh pineapple for some sweetness. I had cut up the pineapple for my families dinner. (it's a constant effort not to taste what I'm making) Well, I accidentally swallowed a chunk and I still feel uncomfortable, I believe the words are It's stuck. I've tried warm Clear Liquids all day, went for a walk with dogs, tums, resting, and am ready to stand on my head. Anybody with advice? Will it go away with time? Will it get worse? Anything I can take to get unclogged besides Draino (just kidding). Help!!

OMG! Although I have not had this happen as I am still on liquids too it is my worst nightmare. I am sure the piece will break down and pass. I have read here that some folks use an herbal digestive aid called Papaya enzyme. I bought some but have not had to use it yet and hope I won't have to. I have no idea how it works. I would love to know from others what length of time it takes for something like this to pass through. Let us know your outcome and good luck.

Hello I was banded on Feb. 16th, can someone give me hope on this post op diet

What is your pre-0p diet? Everyone seems to be different.