Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I went to orientation today, I have an appt with Dr. Fisher on 7/30. Not too much longer!

Hey skinny peeps!

Go Ashley!!! OMG!!! 194lbs!!!! Yeaaaaahhhhh!

I'm kinda sorta stuck at 190lbs. I'm not albe to exercise yet. Maybe next week I'll make m way bace to the gym in the mornings. Friday, my official summer vacation begins.

Ash-what r u doing Wednesday? We should have lunch.< /p>

Go Ash and Chrissy -

We'll get to Onederland soon John - it is so close.

Were there alot of people at orientation Stacey? You are on your way.

I'm going camping tomorrow and coming back Friday - taking the RV and a small tent to the Stockton Delta KOA which is actually a little west of Lodi - I am taking my three kids, three other kids, and my three dogs - and maybe my son's girlfriend. I may be completely crazy by Friday evening.

I have an appt tomorrow morning with the psychologist in Elk Grove who specializes in Eating Disorders and issues. I haven't seen her since March but I need to touch bases with her again.

I'll be checking in while I'm gone as the campground has wireless internet.

Well I also went to orientation today and my next appointment is with Dr. Im on the 22nd. Also the appointment is in Vacaville :) I was a little surprised how quick the next one is. The last time I did orientation at south sanfran about 2 years ago we left with not knowing when our next appointment is. I think I got a call about 4 weeks later with an appointment that was about 3-4 weeks out.

The group of people where rather interesting. I sware 90% have not done any research on there own. I kept hearing whining about all the changes that they would need to make. Also the questions where rather stupid. I sware that they where trying Liz's patience. When they said you could not smoke anymore someone asked if that included marijuana.

So who has experience with Dr. Im? I tried to do a search but his last name is only 2 letters.

Pam - You must be crazy with all those kids and dogs!! haha Unless maybe they are all sleeping in the tent and you're in the rig. I'm going up to TT Snowflower (Yuba Gap) on Friday. Have fun!!!

Stacey - Dr. Fisher is awesome! Best of luck, you are on your way!

Andrew - I think a few people (Pam?) on here have had Dr. Im. Yes the orientations are interesting to say the least.

Thank's Pam-Mo & John!

Go Chrissy!!!!!!!

Mo, I don't really have any plans so give me a call and tel me where you wanna go!

Andrew, When I went to my orientation @ Fremont I felt the same way lol! I wish I could help you with Dr. IM, but I am a Kaiser Fremont Brat (so far the only one on this board lol) Anyways I know some people on this board have had that DR. but you can always go on to ObesityHelp - Gastric Bypass, LAP-BAND - The have a section where they rate facilities and Dr.'s.

Congrats Stacey on the close date, soon enough you will be on the other side lol!

Congratulations on all the pounds shed and on the upcoming surgeries!

I'm doing ok. After being stuck for 9 days at 187, I walked 7.5 miles yesterday and was rewarded with the scale going down. It appears that I need to exercise 2 hours a day at least 4 days a week to lose 4 pounds a month. For those of you early out from surgery, keep maximizing these first few months!

Andrew - my surgeon was Dr. Im and he is great. What time is your appointment on the 22nd in Vacaville with him? I have a 11:30 am appointment with him in Vacaville the same day.

If you have any specific questions about him let me know.

John - the three boys are sleeping in a small tent and the three girls, three dogs and myself are sleeping in the RV. I just plugged in the RV in front of my house to get the refrigerator/freezer cold so I can load the food in the morning after a quick trip to Sam's.

Andrew - my surgeon was Dr. Im and he is great. What time is your appointment on the 22nd in Vacaville with him? I have a 11:30 am appointment with him in Vacaville the same day.

My appointment is at 9:30am. My only hope for him is that he will listen. I just hate it when Dr's dont listen. For example when I was first diagnosed with testicular cancer I all of sudden had bad back pain. When I went to my Dr I explained that no matter what I did my pain would not go away. He blamed the pain on my weight. Fast forward 4 months later and they removed a tumor that was near my spine.

I agree Andrew, orientation was different to say the least. One of the ladies in front of me had a whole stash of Snacks with her and she kept dipping into it! The lady beside her decided not to have the surgery because she couldn't have coffee.

I just got back from the store and have stocked up on stuff from the pre-op diet so I am good to go.

Pam...when I got off of the elevator, I was SHOCKED at how many people were there. That whole conference room was packed!

Good for u Stacey...already 'pre-oppin', sounds like u r serious...and that is what they look for!

Congrats to everyone on the losses, good job!

Don't forget...Reggie's bday today! (npatra71)

K Khready2go, we see ya! hehehe

Mo...don't get discouraged...u will be on the 'exercise' track soon, and passin em up!

Edited by roseyyyd1

Andrew - I think Dr. Im will listen to you. At the surgeon appointment he will ask you which surgery you want to have and why. He also reviews your medical history and will have you lay down and will feel your abdomen. Write down any questions you want to ask him so you don't forget to ask them.

I lost 3 lbs this week - which after subtracting the 1 lb I gained over the last two weeks takes me to 80 lbs since orientation in May 2008.

My son's girlfriend is going with us camping now too - so I am taking 3 15 yr olds, a 13 yr old, a 12 yr old, and two 11 yr olds plus three little dogs. They are really excited and I am excited for them but not so much for me.

I just got back from the store and have stocked up on stuff from the pre-op diet so I am good to go.

Damn you are on track already. I am taking different steps. My first is to kick caffine and soda. This is probably going to take a week or two of will power for me. I am sure just kicking the soda will drop some pounds on its own.

Damn you are on track already. I am taking different steps. My first is to kick caffine and soda. This is probably going to take a week or two of will power for me. I am sure just kicking the soda will drop some pounds on its own.

I have been toying with the idea of giving up my Diet pepsi for a while, so last month I set a date of not buying anymore and have made myself stick to it. It was hard for the first couple of days getting the caffeine out of my system, but now I don't miss it and I have noticed that foods and other fluids taste better. Good luck!

My hard part is going to be not drinking with meals, I have always been a big drinker while I am eating. I can go through 4 or 5 glasses of Water in one meal. I did it yesterday, but I sure watched the clock for that hour to be over. :)

Stacey - it will get easier to not drink with your meal and wait the hour - once I tried to take a drink of Water right after I ate and it made me pb and my food came up. Water can't get through a full pouch - sort of like a clogged drain.

I didn't give up my diet Coke until the day before my band surgery - I cut down but couldn't give it up. I haven't had any soda or caffeine since then and Aug 26 will be my 2 yr bandiversary. It took me a while to not associate certain activities with having a Diet Coke - I would think about going through a drive through to get one, but I never did.