Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in January

hi all

my date is jan 22. im excited and nervous. i look forward to getting to know everyone.

daqui

i am happy to see there is someone who has a lot to lose also. my doctor thinks i would benefit from a bypass yet i am too scared to do that.i pray we achieve our goals,not to be skinny but to be healthy,happy and well in spirit.

hey all

peggy we do have a journey ahead of us and as long we use the tool we will be healthy in the end. i do have alot to lose and im ready to start a healthy life. i looked at both options and i decided the LB made me more comfy. yes we would probably lose faster with GB but we made these decision for a reason. i would really like to lose 10-15 pounds before i start the shakes.

i didn't expect to get a date so soon. i need to go buy the multi-vitamins today. i hope after the jan. surgeries start you all come back so we all know how you are doing.

later

Edited by daqui26

Got my date yesterday~January 12~Finally!

It's been a long time coming!

Only have to do one week liquid diet, shouldn't be too bad!

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all and tracking your progress!

Happy New Years To Us!!!

Hey everyone...just starting this long process...I was planning on doing the self pay, everything looked like it was going to be quick and simple.... but now, come Jan 1st I have insurance that will cover surgery.....I guess this is great but I heard that there is a lot more involved with counseling etc... and that there are going to be a lot of hoops to jump through. Can anyone out there give me a heads up on what they expect to make this process go quicker.??? I was raring to go, now it looks like it will be a while. I am SOOOO ready! CONGRATS TO EVERYONE AND THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Hey everyone...just starting this long process...I was planning on doing the self pay, everything looked like it was going to be quick and simple.... but now, come Jan 1st I have insurance that will cover surgery.....I guess this is great but I heard that there is a lot more involved with counseling etc... and that there are going to be a lot of hoops to jump through. Can anyone out there give me a heads up on what they expect to make this process go quicker.??? I was raring to go, now it looks like it will be a while. I am SOOOO ready! CONGRATS TO EVERYONE AND THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Kimberlyea, what ins.do u have? I think some don't require much, just a referral from your primary. My ins. (BCBS) required that I take the 5 nutrition classes from the program that my surgeon is affliated w/ and I had the visit w/ my primary, sleep study, ekg, psych eval., barium swallow, and something else I can't remember rt. now.

Hi all, had my pre-op visit w/my surgeon today. I was told that I would get my date today, but the surgical scheduler was not there today,and that I will get my date wednesday of next wk. for Jan. 09. I am hoping for the 7th, or the 14th. I jsut want to start this process early. I forgot to ask about the pre-op diet, but I planned on doing one for 2wks prior to my surgery date regardless of what the req. are. I enjoy my Protein Shakes now, and hopefully it will be the same afterwards. I have already made my menus up for the first 8 wks. So I am ready. I have thought alot about my "last meal", and decided to taste alittle of everything I will change from a regular user of to a once a month partaker of. I realized yesterday that when I eat chocolate, after about 30min. my stomach didn't feel so good. I haven't eaten chocolate alot lately because I have been trying to keep to a more healthy lifestyle. I don't think I will be missing it as much as I thought. Well, I will post when I get my date on wed.

Hello, Just got my date today and it's Jan. 7th so now I'm a little nervous, Hope I'm picking the right surgery for me. Does anyone out there have diabetes and considered the gastric??:rolleyes2: I was told it would practically cure my diabetes but I think it's a drastic surgery compared to the band. Any thoughts would help. Thanks.

Hi, I have asked myself the same question as I also am diabetic. I have still decided to go with the band and I still feel it may take a little longer but I will receive the same good results without taking the drastlic route. Congrats to you and Happy New Year for all of us! I get banded Jan. 30th

Hey all, I'm getting banded on January 14th. I can't wait, this has been a long journey for me.

Overall I'd like to lose 130 lbs...right now I'm just a little over 300. Ideally I'd like to be at 170. My doctor wants me at 190 at least. Hell, I'll be happy just being under 200;)

I have sleep apnea too, and I haven't heard anything about not being able to use my CPAP machine after the procedure...I hope I can b/c I use it every night! I'm a walking zombie without it.

I'm excited to be one of the NEW YEARS HOTTIES! GO US!! 2009 is going to be an amazing year!!

i think the gastric is a fast lose but it is drastic, i don't want to be down that long. i have a busy life, i am doing the lap band that is right for me. good luck, talk to your diabetic doctor, maybe they can help set your mind at ease. good luck.

Hi Everyone. This is my first time to post - I've been lurking for a couple of months - but hesitated to jump in until I knew that this was going to happen. I got my approval this week and my surgery date is set for Tuesday, January 6th! Like many, I'm so excited and a bit anxious, too. But, I've never been as heavy as I am now and I know that if I don't do something about it - a permanent solution - I'm headed for a lot of health problems.

I've read so much, both on the official Lap Band web site, my doctor's website and now all of the forums on lap band talk. So, technically, I feel I know what is about to happen and am confident that I am prepared, but emotionally I don't know. But, be that as it may, I am ready to take this leap because nothing else has worked in keeping the weight off permanently.

I'm looking forward to coming here for support! :)

Hey I am getting banded january 9th and i am so excited and nervous at the same time! my surgeon said I had to start my diet dec 28th so i guess i got one last christmas!

:tongue2:

Hi all, had my pre-op visit w/my surgeon today. I was told that I would get my date today, but the surgical scheduler was not there today,and that I will get my date wednesday of next wk. for Jan. 09. I am hoping for the 7th, or the 14th. I jsut want to start this process early. I forgot to ask about the pre-op diet, but I planned on doing one for 2wks prior to my surgery date regardless of what the req. are. I enjoy my Protein shakes now, and hopefully it will be the same afterwards. I have already made my menus up for the first 8 wks. So I am ready. I have thought alot about my "last meal", and decided to taste alittle of everything I will change from a regular user of to a once a month partaker of. I realized yesterday that when I eat chocolate, after about 30min. my stomach didn't feel so good. I haven't eaten chocolate alot lately because I have been trying to keep to a more healthy lifestyle. I don't think I will be missing it as much as I thought. Well, I will post when I get my date on wed.

Congrats on doing all the planning!! I envy people you like you!! How did you plan your menu 8 weeks in advance?? Where did you get ideas for the menu and would you mind sharing some of the menu with us?? I think I would be so much more productive with my pre and post op diets if I planned them in advance!!

I have heard that people with diabetes gets better with the lapband also. I have seen this first hand and my doctor also told me that I can be diabetes free when I get this weight off.

I can't wait for Jan. 8th. I am going to enjoy this Christmas because I will be different next New Year. A New ME. I would love to be below 150 if I can. But anything under 200 I would like also.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.