Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in January

Hi All,

My date is January 16th:thumbup:! I have been waiting since Sept. That was the first time I talked with the surgeon about Lap Band. I have done all the required testing and I now have a date. My surgeon told me that MOST of the patients he does stay overnight. I requested to go HOME:thumbup:! I have been in hospitals over night and they are NOT the Hilton by any means:thumbdown:. The noise, hate the beds and BP checks at 2:00AM is not for me. My DH will be my nurse:thumbup:! I am having my surgery at Wright Patterson AFB so I had no dealings with insurance, thank goodness!

I think the name of January Hotties is great! Good luck to all of you!!!!!!!!!! Jan

I am anticipating getting a lap band in January, after my insurance changes to cover it. I am scared,excited,a little embarrassed to admit I need surgical help. But I will just have to get over it and dedicate my emotions to healing and getting healthy. I know my relationships with friends ,family and food will change. Let's face it,everything we do together is based around celebrating with food, dinners ,parties, etc. I am scared but ready. My brother had a gastric bypass about three years ago and he did great but he now is gaining it back. He never addressed his emotional connection to food and this scares me to death. I hope I can find friends and support through all of you.

Hello :sad_smile: I will find out tomorrow what my exact date is but it will be the first or second week of January. I am having the realize band. I am so excited but anxious too. I will be happy to get through the hard part and get on with my life of being healthy and thinner. It is great to have found this forum and to find other bandsters experiencing the same thing as me. How is everyone doing?

Hi I feel excatly like you. I am just praying I can be successful and get over my emotional eating and the simple fact that so much of my life revolves around parties and food. Everyone else seems very happy so I believe we will be too. It will be so worth it !

Hi all,

I am getting banded January 8. I don't know what my pre-surgery diet will be yet. This process is happening very quickly for me. I started it at the end of October and my insurance approval went through without a hitch. I guess I should consider myself lucky. It will be done in a German hospital so it will be a little scary. The German's "pain management" differs from ours slightly. I am looking for an English speaking support group but untli then I will be using this site for my support. I would be happy for people to share as much as possible. Knowledge is power!

Wow :lol: The January calendar is filling up quickly. My pre-op diet starts on the 21st. It's gonna be a long four weeks but I will make it through it.

We leave out of here on the 16th to drive to Mexico for the sugery. My brother in law is having the surgery the same day. My husband and my sister is going with us for support. It's going to be a crazy road trip, that's for sure. I'm excited about it. :wink_smile:

I just found out today my surgery date is January30th I was hoping sooner but hurray I at least have a date. I hope the time goes by fast. My doctor has done hundreds's of lap bands but I will be his first realize band. Do you think I should be nervous? He will have a doctor there to watch so he can be certifired in the realize band

I am a little nervous because we are going home for Christmas for the two weeks prior to my surgery. It all happens to be over Christmas and New Years and back in America. There are so many temptations that I hope I can keep the big picture in front of me and not go too crazy. I kind of wish I could have done it before going home!:angry_smile:

I got my date, Jan 13th hope that is a lucky number! I am looking into getting some sun in Fla. a couple of weeks before surgery, not sure how that will work, vacation on a liquid diet! Maybe just be something new to try!

hi all

my date is jan 22. im excited and nervous. i look forward to getting to know everyone.

daqui

Hi everyone!! I am hoping to get my surgery scheduled for January 29 with Dr. Ortiz. My only hold back at this point is finding a doc near me to do the fills.. I live in North MS and I might as well be in a foreign country, because I cannot find a doc within driving distance that takes patients banded in Mexico?? Is anyone else scheduled for Dr. Ortiz on that day??

Good luck to you all!!!

I just received my pre-op diet information from my surgeon and she is very liberal with her diet. She allows you only 1000 calories and you can get that however you want. So that makes it a little easier just have to count the calories. I also only have to do this for one week. I am still scheduled for surgery January 15 as long as everything goes alright. :(

i am going to be banded the end of january, my 2nd appt with the surgeon is jan 12, then they will schedule a surgery if my liver has shrunk enough, i started the preop diet today, i hope i can do it. it is going to be hard to drink those shakes, does anyone have any recommendations thanks:thumbup:

Hey New Year Hotties. We have now have every date marked in January that is going to have someone band. That is so wonderful.

I start the pre-op diet on December 26th. I asked the Dr. if I could start than so I won't be missing out on Christmas.

MJ, I am also getting my band on the 8th. I can't wait but I am getting a little bit scared. I just hope I can see the scale go in the direction I would like and hope this works out. Does anyone else feel the same way I do right now.