Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I have been, and it just pisses me off. But so does the bail out and stimulus, and everything else that translates to people abusing the system and taking hard earned money from those of us who work.

Not that I can tell. My placenta is anterior, so that's why I didn't feel movement for so long.

Now I feel him regularly, in fact I was telling Russ today is the most active I've ever felt him. I normally don't feel him at work, but he's been kicking up a storm today. Woke me up at 6am with a lot of kicking. Must be growing :thumbup:

Anyway, I always feel kicking, and sometimes it's in 2 different spots (one lower, one up by ribs, or on each side of me) so I guess it's hands & feet moving together.. because of the positioning of these, I know he's moved where he had to have 'rolled' or 'flipped', but I don't actually feel that movement.

When I saw him on this last ultrasound, I was shocked to see he was moving ALL THE TIME--kicking mostly.. but I didn't feel any of the movements we saw on the screen while I was there... so I don't feel all of his moving at this point.

I'm reading birth stories on the net right now. Trying to get myself prepared, I'm still freaking out about the whole childbirth part of this. I have a phobia of catheters, and it sounds like they are routine with epiderals now.. I don't want episiotomy, or stitches.. I want him to just drop by with a stork one day!!!

LOL, Laura, you sound like I did before Evan was born! We watched a show about a vaginal birth (ew), then one about a c-section (ugh) & then I said "Ok, what's the third option?" & meant it! & the two things I was most concerned about were having to have a catheter (no biggie) & having the staples (that closed me up after the c-section) taken OUT (I was really tourqed up about that one, and it was nothing, too!). So I guess what I'm trying to say in a long, roundabout way is to just go into it all with an open attitude & mind & it'll be fine... women have been doing this for a long time & it almost always is fine!

I don't know what I did, but my lower back is out of whack & sometimes it feels fine but then I'll move and WOWZA! Unexpected pain! What is up?? I layed on the heating pad & took tylenol... bleh. Exercise probably did this to me!!!

Oh, & I was UP .4 lbs today after NOT eating the ice cream last night! Now that's just not right!

Laura-as sick as it sounds...I LOVED EVERY MINUTE of childbirth! I mean, I guess I knew it would be the only one for me so I just savored everything, even the pain...weird huh? I would do it again in a heartbeat! (if it would turn 5 years old overnight) lol

Ok, I did NOT relish the pain. But I held out long as I could + 1 hour more. For my 2nd childbirth I was telling the anesthesiologist not to leave the room or I would send Guido after his family!! That was a whole different experiene -- easy peasy. So the trick is to have your own personal anesthesiologist sit by your head until you dismiss him.

Episiotomies. That scares the ever living daylights out of me... Youch.

Thousands of women give birth every day so why aren't they all walking around bow-legged afterwards?? LOL...

Episiotomies. That scares the ever living daylights out of me... Youch.

Thousands of women give birth every day so why aren't they all walking around bow-legged afterwards?? LOL...

I was thinking huddled in a corner after going insane!

And people have told me to start stocking up on kotex for the 6 weeks after, which sounds just lovely. Trying to take care of a newborn, breastfeeding, healing a tear/stitches, and dealing with a kotex mess? UGH! :thumbup:

Happy thoughts.. little feets, little toes, little nose, etc. etc.

Oh I think I told ya'll, I'm not going in being brave or trying to hold out.. I want an IV, some pain something, etc.. as soon as they can do it. I don't plan to go to the hospital till I feel like I'm close (although being I don't know what that feels like, I'll probably be wrong).. I'd rather do majority of 20 hour+ labor from home if possible. Hate sitting in hospitals.

Just be careful! My sister's friend had her baby in their driveway in the front seat of her car; a neighbor in our old neighborhood had hers in the parking lot (didn't even make it into the car!); and a good friend of mine at least made it to the hospital elevator... Personally, I preferred to get there & then be attended to w/no worries that I'd end up on the news w/a "breakdown lane baby" & the good samaritan who delivered my babe! :thumbup:

Today's Thread...sponsored by BIRTH CONTROL. WHATEVER the method! Rubber, pills, IUD's, shots, Catholic, pull out or just "get the hell off of me!"

I like other people's babies!

"get the hell off of me"... That always works by the way!

This method has never worked for me.:thumbup:

And people have told me to start stocking up on kotex for the 6 weeks after, which sounds just lovely. Trying to take care of a newborn, breastfeeding, healing a tear/stitches, and dealing with a kotex mess? UGH! :thumbup:

You forgot constipated. :lol:

Oh I think I told ya'll, I'm not going in being brave or trying to hold out.. I want an IV, some pain something, etc.. as soon as they can do it. I don't plan to go to the hospital till I feel like I'm close (although being I don't know what that feels like, I'll probably be wrong).. I'd rather do majority of 20 hour+ labor from home if possible. Hate sitting in hospitals.

Oh, I was so doped up!:smile: I loved every minute of it! It was the greatest day of my LIFE! The only part I would not want to relive is when the nurses come in and push down on my belly to help all the gunk come out....God, talk about hurt! I almost smacked the sh*t outta one woman....I think she was enjoying herself when she was pushing on me!

I was thinking huddled in a corner after going insane!

Happy thoughts.. little feets, little toes, little nose, etc. etc.

This cracks me up. Darlin', you will be at that hospital LONG before you are ready to deliver! I was pretty darn uncomfortable and at the hospital by 7:00a; got the epidural at 1:00p and delivered at 7:00PM!!

$20 says you're momma's gonna be happy to help you out!

Oh, & the kotex will be the LEAST of your concerns by that point in time! heh heh heh...
HA! Ain't THAT the truth!!!
Today's Thread...sponsored by BIRTH CONTROL. WHATEVER the method! Rubber, pills, IUD's, shots, Catholic, pull out or just "get the hell off of me!"

I like other people's babies!

Ya big chicken!