Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Gratitude for today: That I have money to buy groceries.

What I am grateful for--I found out today my white blood count is finally back to normal!!!

I am totally lost on the Harleynana thing. I hope that she took nothing that was said the wrong way, everything that I have seen has been love and concern filled for Kat and her daughter. Odd, somebody said it right the other day when they said the printed words didn't come with sound to know how we meant it.

Hugs to all who need it!!

Tired and going to bed!!

OMG...what the hell is going on???

Greatful for: hot tea, 3 hours of diss work behind me, and sub plans ready for me IF I wake up sick again.

I am all kinds of confused. Judy is talking like a trucker, Susie is in La La Land, and Laura is eating Cream of Wheat instead of ice cream??? WTF is going on in here?

xooxoxox

Hi Girls,

Yes what Harley Nana had to say was taken wrong, she is a very special person, who was just relaying what I had told her....and it was not directed at any of you, or anyone in particular. I tried to call her---her name is Pat, and also Sherry yesterday around the time I spoke with Tracy---and got no answer so talked to her today, and she had no idea, and was simply trying to let the other people here she knew I was close to know. This thread is a lot of pages, and I did not post what exactly is going on with Manda, I simply cannot type the words, it makes it all way too real.

Pat sent me a copy of her post, and she did not mean any of you would relate horror stories to me, but we DO get a lot of lurkers....and I simply do not want to hear about someones neighbors brothers nephew who had this disease....unless it is a VERY positive story, and we all know they are not always that way. I hate it when someone rolls their eyes over the choice of Dr.'s and all, it is so scary anyway, I don't want those little doubts planted.

Anyway, Pat said she did not come over here to insinuate that anyone would do that to me, but just to share the info if I had not talked to anyone else. She was trying to help me, and keep my friends informed.

There was not much news today. The ear is beginning to look some better, the big scab come off, and there is a hole almost all the way through her ear. The ENT is sitting on the fence with the CD Dr.'s Dx. He said on one hand the gland involvement, is totally NOT part of the RP, which leads him to doubt the diagnosis. But on the other hand the ear is horrible, everywhere except the lobe, which is perfectly normal sized, no involvement at all----only the area of cartiledge. Which is highly indicative of the disease.

The rhuematologist was more informative today, telling us there are different severities of the disease--which is what I had read. And he said if you work closely with the Dr.'s and make efforts to maintain your health, and he listed a bunch of issues--avoiding the sun, limiting animal fat intake, consistant exercise, without overdoing in one session, avoiding extreme cold.....all these little things will lessen the frequency of the flare ups, and therefore lessen the severity of the illness.

It gave us a lot to think about, and some hope.

Manda is coping with it better today, I think we all are. I still get overwhelmed, and lose it. Putting Kinsey to bed, hit me very hard tonight. Wierd times, and places are more difficult. I get VERY upset with myself at times, when I let my mind go off in ways I do not want it to....

They got the meds in that they are going to treat her with----and started them today. As soon as they see that she tolerates them, then they will train us to hook her up, and she will be released probably Thursday. Then we will do 10 days of the meds, 4 X a day she will get a bag through her PIC line.

Then she goes for the next round of bloodwork. She actually has a home health care nurse who will come out every other day for those 10 days and draw blood for SED rates and something else, I cannot remember, it tells how active the flare of the RP is. So the presence of the stuff they are looking for will be a HUGE determining factor in whether this diagnosis is right. I SOOOOOOOO hope and pray they are wrong.

Judy, does Ethan have a room at your place? Kinsey has the room next to ours, which is great, she sleeps on her own, and does fine, but she is afraid of the dark! So she has a night light on, and I HATE light at night!! So the light is making it dificult! But I cannot close a door, I might not hear her. So I am adjusting!

We had a snow day here, schools were closed. So Manda's sister wanted to go to the hospital with me when I went. So I go to pick her up at my ex's house---and Kinsey and I are sitting in the van waiting for her, she is a teenager, so was not ready!! It is beautiful out, white snow on every single branch of the trees, and in all the diamonds on the chain link fences, just really pretty. I am thinking to myself, this is a good sign....ok, just hoping. Then out between 2 of the trailers (they live in a mobile home park) come 2 cats----and they begin lovin' in the middle of the road! Kinsey gets all upset and think they are fighting!! I told her no they are playing. She says "Oh they ARE Granny, look that one is jumping up and down!" I couldn't say anything, I just laughed and was extremely grateful that Courtney chose that time to come out!!!

I always get the fun stuff!

Well I am going to try to go get some sleep. I took some Tylenol PM to see if it would help. I wake up and my mind begins churning, and I just cannot sleep.

I got a really nice message from one of our readers---she says she reads our thread, but has not participated.....suzyt. Please feel free to join us!! And thank you so much for your special message.

Night all,

Kat

Kat - thank you for the update and I"m glad to hear that you are all doing a *little* better. That's a hopeful sign.

Jane - That is awesome news!!! ...and we needed that!!!

Good morning everyone!

YAY JANE!! And how is your fill going so far?

Kat-I am glad that you made it to and from the hospital OK. I was wondering if you made it. I believe in the power of prayer so I am gonna keep them coming your direction, k?

Judy-how are you? How are things going with your family? I hope all is better.

I wish you could all see how much Macy has improved since we moved here. She is a different child. She LOVES school. She looks forward to waking up every morning. She laughs and smiles in the van on the way to school and is still smiling when I pick her up. I have my happy girl back! I sent her teacher an e-mail telling her thank you and how thrilled I am with her progress.

TracyinKS-yooohoooooo, where are you? :smile:

Have a great day everyone. Respect the pouch!

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up and ready for Ethan to arrive for the day. I have my hospital shift and choir tonight. But at least I got a better night's sleep the night before. We have no extra bedroom anymore. One is Bob's office and one is the "gym". So Ethan and I slept on the big leather couches in the living room. I'd rather be close by him and he sleeps well through the night so it's not a problem, but of course my mind, like yours Kat, was running a mile a minute so I didn't get much sleep that night. Joe is doing very well considering everything and of course Ethan is very happy and loving it at Gramma and Grampas house.

We are under a flood watch for today with melting snow and heavy rain expected. At least all the snow and ice is of the roof now.

Kat.. I'm glad to hear things are getting a bit better with Manda. I'm praying that the meds keep the disease in check and she is able to lead a normal life again.

I missed the whole HarleyNaNa episode. It was deleted by the time I got online last night after rehearsal. It was confusing to say the least!

Ethan will be here any minute and I need to get my hair curled and make up on. Everyone have a good day. Will check back later.

CONGRATS, JANIE!!!!:smile:

Good morning Shrinking Violets!!

I sent a PM to Kat yesterday. Since she mentioned it, I'll fill you in...

I am suzyt. I started reading threads on lapbandtalk last year in April when I was considering whether to have surgery, trying to learn as much as I could about life after the band. Wondering would it really work? Your threads were always ones I enjoyed and it convinced me that since you all had done so well, I could too!! I had surgery in June and as you can see from my ticker, I have lost 70 pounds. I still have quite a ways to go, but I now have hope that once I lose the weight I will keep it off with the band to help my portion sizes -- that's always been my problem. I can lose it while motivated but then start cheating and gaining again.

So, anyway, hello violets!!

Good Weds Morn, Vi's~~

Kat... hugs for you, dearie!! Glad things seem to be moving in a positive direction. You CRACKED ME UP w/ the description of the cats "playing" & Kinsey's classic line: ""Oh they ARE Granny, look that one is jumping up and down!" :smile:

Today's a busy one here... work this a.m. then 2pm begins my chauffeur job... pick up ds @ school & take him to orthodontist; take him home & pick up dd & take her to the first "Wiz" rehearsal; zip over & get my eyebrows waxed; back to the HS to pick up dd; pick up ds; all of us go to Glory Days (sports bar/restaurant) for dinner & to watch the US v. Mexico soccer World Cup qualifier game (I'm sure it's on every red-blooded American's "to-do" list for tonight! lol!). It'll be after 9 by the time we're home for the night.

I'm wearing a new shirt & adorable (if I do say so myself) cardigan-style sweater in spring green & white & I must say it's making me feel peppy today. I think they're the first new clothes I've purchased for myself in about a year!! Size 18-20, but are almost -- almost! -- big. I like the sweater so much I may go back & purchase another in a salmony-pink & white color combo... & maybe in the next size down! I'll take a pic if I can...

Be good & have a great day, everyone!

Good morning!!

Couldn't sleep last night. Don't know why.

Glad everything is good here!!

My fill is great so far. I have not eaten any solid foods yet. I get mushys today. My Dr. never had me follow a post fill diet. So I am trying it. I really want to eat though.

Hi, Suzyt!

Off to do some stuff around the house!!!

Yay Kat! Glad there's some good news in there, maybe it was completely misdiagnosed and it's something a lot easier to treat.. think like House!

Judy it's funny you mentioned the Pasta thing, I bought a bunch of Lean Cuisine & Smart Ones to bring for lunch, and I don't like italian--but some reason most of those are geared toward italian! Anyway, I've had meatloaf/cabbage rolls/mashed potatoes, etc. this week up till today. I decided this morning, I'd bring one of the pastas.. it's angel hair with squash, zuccini, and spinach in a marinara. The pic looks fantastic, but I know they never end up like the pic..so I'm skeptical. So now I'm skeptical and curious to see if I'll be PB'ing it all day!

We're suppose to get bad storms today around noon. We've been having 60-70 degree weather, right out of the coldest I can ever remember (10's last week!!) our pipes froze up again last week, I didn't even think about dripping it.. but luckily when we got home from work it was fixed... I opened up our cabinets. It never got above freezing that day, so news was saying if your pipes do freeze up, they won't unfreeze for a week.. ick.. yay opening cabinets. And now, that's all a distant memory as people are walking around work in SHORTS.

I can eat Pasta ONLY if it's fresh pasta!? Y'know, like at a high end italian restaurant or those refrigerated pastas at the grocery store. Otherwise I PB like a madwoman for hours -- same as the Bobster.

Hey Gang~

I am sick still...and think it is getting worse. This is the 4th sinus infection I've had this year...and I am beyond pissed now. I coughed all night and called in for a sub at 1am! The worse part is that yesterday I had meetings all day...and the same tomorrow. My new special kids starts today...and to have a sub for the first 2 days is not good. I dreampt (did I spell that right) about him all night. If I felt even 10% better, I'd be at work today. My head is still soooo stuffy...I just want to lay down.

Kat~ We love you! That is all I can say! You are the greatest.

Judy~ Glad to hear some of the dust is settling...for now.

Jane~WTG on the blood work!

I hate Jessica Simpson! There I said it! Watching her now...she sucks!

xoxooxox