Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Laura, I love that Lean Cuisine angle hair dish. I suggest you cut it up into small pieces. Long story short...my dog also loves that dish...cause I would PB the heck out of that and he would get to finish it:wink:

Laura, I love that Lean Cuisine angle hair dish. I suggest you cut it up into small pieces. Long story short...my dog also loves that dish...cause I would PB the heck out of that and he would get to finish it:wink:

OMG! LMAO!!! :smile::lol::)

Uhm.. I hope you mean he ate the rest of what was on the plate, and NOT a PB.

Makes me a little queasy thinking about that.

Oh and this is a Smart One, didn't see a Lean Cuisine version of it!

Good morning ladies! Gorgeous day today after the awful storm we had last night. Alarm company woke me up at 2:30am telling me that an alarm had gone off at our building and that they were going to dispatch an officer over here. Well I stayed up waiting for their call and they finally called at around 3:30 to tell me it was a false alarm and it was because of the storm. Yuck. So then it took me awhile to go back to sleep. Then my boss called me at 5:30am because he noticed that the alarm company had called him but he had missed the call and wanted to know what was up. Argh! Then it again took me forever to go back to sleep and by then my alarm clock went off at 6:30. I am so tired today...

Kat - I'm so glad to hear that Manda is showing a little bit of improvement. An inch in the right direction is still good...

Jane - how is your fill going?? Are you feeling restriction?

Pammy - gross gross gross. But my dogs have eaten grosser stuff so I can relate...

TracyK - I'm so glad Macy is blossoming at this new school she's in. All the pain of moving was so worth it just for that, huh?

Suzie - close your eyes... PLACENTA, VAGINA, EPIDURAL, PUSHING, SQUEEZING... lol Don't get offended Suzie... When it's my turn I'll have tons of questions for my Violets about this wonderful process and I want to come on here and ask ya'll about it...

Laura - the angel hair one from Lean Cuisine is really good! One of my favorites. And even when I was really tight I would never PB on it. But then again I hardly ever PB'd. And you're right, most of the frozen food stuff is italian stuff. I guess that's the food that re-heats up well after it's been frozen?

Where the heck is TRACYKS? Am I going crazy or has she been MIA? Is she on vacay??

Good morning~

I have spoke with Manda on the phone, we have not left yet to go up, I am seeing how Kinsey is doing. She was up a good part of the night with diarrhea--such fun! Manda said the ear is ulcerating in a different area now, so she doesn't know what the plan is, she has not seen a Dr. yet this morning.

I am really upset with my son, he has not gone up to the hospital, he calls, and my DIL and grandson have been there, but he says he will "lose" it. So what? We all have! Does he think his Dad didn't shed tears? So he is VERY upset with me. I tried to talk to him and tell him not to lose her to avoid losing her....he hung up quickly. Oh well.

Jane I am so glad your bloodwork is good again. What a huge relief that must be for you! I know when my thyroid results come back clear I was walking on cloud 9.

Pamela, have you thought about going to an ENT and having them check your sinuses? It sounds as tho that might be a good next step. Since it just keeps coming back.

suzyt---glad you posted, and thank you again for the PM. All of you---thank you, from the bottom of my heart---knowing that prayers are coming from every corner of our country, is heartening like nothing else has been. TracyK---please DON'T stop!!!

Judy---my thoughts go to you so often. Hang tough with me!

Michelle, it was tempting---I really wanted to tell you to hop on the plane! BUT.....this time with your kids----be there, and enjoy every minute of it.

Laura, I walked Kinsey up to the nursery window the other day so she could see the babies. I thought of you! I had an epesiotomy---was in the heat of the moment it was done, and was only a distant memory!

All 3 girls went with epidurals, and they all worked really well for them. I know LJM was saying they only worked on half of her at a time, and that was due to her having to be on her side during it all but the final delivery...that is just how it works. I left the room when they put Manda's in. When I left she was seriously hurting, and having trouble concentrating through the contractions. They were induced, and would peak and just hang there. So they convinced her to have the epidural. And when I went back in the room, she was smiling and telling me that the anesthesioliogist that administered the epidural, was her new best friend! Manda's MIL at the time is an OR nurse, so had an inside track to the anesthitist----and when Manda said ok, she sent her down and it was done. She sat up, smiled, talked, put on some make up, and stayed a happy camper til delivery time! Then they slowly let it wear down, as she ask, so she could walk sooner.

You will be fine. If they have to do an episiotomy, you will deal with it for a few days, then forget it forever! That little guy will be worth it. And besides, maybe you won't have a child like I did with her head fully grown already!!!

Well, I just spoke with Manda again, and I am off to learn how to administer her meds AT HOME!!!!! She will get to come home tomorrow, but I have to show today that I can do this!!! One med she will get 2 X a day, the other 3 X a day! I might as well move in with her! I might try to get her to come here for a few days---have a feeling that will go over like a lead balloon.....

BBL~~

Kat

Thanks for the info Kat!!

Wheetsin said the same as LJM, she said it only paralyzed half of her..

I talked to my mom about it (she use to work as a nurse helper or something when I was a kid), and she said the trick is people are irritated and rush through it.. but she said if you tell the anesthesiologist 'YES this is numbing my left side" not "yeah kind of" etc.. or NO I don't feel the tingle in my right foot, kind of thing.. then it will work fine. Fingers crossed. I've seen 'scare' documents against epidurals, but with my back problems, I've had several epidurals with no adverse affects, so I'm not worried too much.. only worry is I've never been AWAKE for epidurals, so I have to make sure not to look at the needle :smile:

I am deathly afraid of needles and have seen the size of the epidurals. I wonder if the pain of childbirth is worse or getting the epidural is worse, LOL

****BABY TALK***** AVERT YOUR EYES SUZANNE!

Laura, you won't see it. They had all 3 girls sit up in bed, and lean over the bedside table, stretching their backs---and you are tall, they will have a nice canvas to work with! Then both Ali and Manda said they got zingers down their legs, and that their legs literally jumped! I was there when they told Manda, if you roll over, the medicine works like a gas, and a bubble---it will concentrate on one side then. So if your pressure and the baby's heart rate allow you to labor on your back it isn't likely to just do half!!

And while it might hurt, it is one of those exciting, hurts that is like NOTHING else! Hurting with a purpose!!!

My DD that just had her baby had let someone scare her about the fact that the Dr. breaking her Water would hurt. She was so upset she said because hers did not rupture on its own, and said she burst into tears when the nurse got ready to rupture the membranes, and it was all for nothing! She said she felt the splash of Fluid, and nothing else!! She told us it was the stupidest thing to be afraid of, because she felt nothing!

Point being, you will hear all kinds of things and none of them have happened to you, so your experience will be different! Women do it all the time....over and over (although not all of us want 14 kids!) so it can't be as bad as some try to make it!

You will be fine, Carson will be adorable....

Kat

Good afternoon, Violets..

I've finished my shift at the hospital and just finished lunch.. tuna and soy nuts.. who knew??

Kat..glad Manda will be able to come home soon. That's a very good sign. I'm hoping Jen DOESN'T come home soon. I want her in as long as possible so we know for sure things will be ok with her at home by herself. Joe will be working and I'm going to suggest Ethan comes over here so she can rest and get better. Don't know if that will work. I just don't want her out and then having problems again.

Laura.. take it from an old lady.. childbirth is awesome. I never had an epidural, just the episiotomy and I never felt it at all. I really didn't feel pain, just pressure..TONS and TONS of pressure..lol But nothing I couldn't handle. When my DIL had Amelia, she had the epidural and I couldn't believe the difference.. she was sleeping through contractions. My stitches were bothersome for a few days afterwards, but I was too stunned with this new little life we created to even worry about a few pinches and pulls. It was just like the stitches after lapband surgery, only in a definitely more southerly area.

You'll be fine, Carson will be fine and any uncomfortableness will be forgotten when you lay eyes on your little guy.

Speaking of little guys, Ethan wants Grandma to read to him again so I'm off to Hop on Pop for the zillionith time. And loving it!!

I can't wait to hold him, I keep hoping I'll have my eye on the prize during all of the childbirthing part! LJM said something about how she can't stop watching him, and I think I'll be the same way. I want to see him so bad!! Wah. Another friend of mine said it's surprising how possessive you become, she said she had a hard time letting her parents take her son for a couple of hours in the beginning, she wanted to be with him the whole time. I can see that already!

Especially now that his movements are during the day, I have a constant reminder.. AND I can no longer bend comfortably, and can't pick things up if I drop them--so of course I drop a lot of stuff lately. I feel pressure in spots and I can touch my skin and feel him right under there (right under my boob mostly)and if I push even lightly I can feel him slide and move away from my touch. So neat.

I made the quail last night.. turned out to be a bust, it did taste good but little birds was a big turn off. Russ doesn't like meat on bones (chicken or otherwise), but was willing to try it.. but I ate a piece--it was good--but I couldn't get over the little bird factor.. so we had hotdogs & asparagus instead.

BABY TALK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

la la lal la la la la de de de de de de da da da da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL:w00t:

Stopping by to check on things.

Kat, so glad she is getting to come home. Nothing like a Mother's love and pampering to take care of things.

SuzyT, welcome. Check in more often.

Any news on TracyinKS????????????? Where oh where could she be.

Pammie, ditto on Jessica Simpson. It's overkill.

Judy, You Rock.

Hugs to all of you.