Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Okay I am going to be very selfish today and be grateful I got my fill!!!!

On my selfish days I am grateful that I have WONDERFUL VIOLET SISTERS that spread their outpouring of love!!

BUT EVEN WITH ALL THAT IS GOING ON, I CAN'T HELP BUT BE THANKFUL THAT I HAVE A REAL FILL!

Extra special thoughts go out to Kat and Judy!!!!

I am grateful for feeling a bit better, having finished grading 27 grad papers.

I am grateful for TracyK and her texting me today about Kat.

I am pooped!

Hi girls,

There has been no news really today. Manda underwent several biopsies and tissue samplings today and will have an extended visit with the rhuemetologist tomorrow.

It has been an extremely emotional, stressful day. I am not sure which end is up. Nothing had prepared me for this, I am not sure being prepared is possible.

I am doing my best to control myself, and not to let it affect Kinsey any more than usual.

Jason was an ass, and refused to bring her back when he was supposed to. Which was not something Manda needed today. When he did bring her, I had a pretty serious talk with him. He left in tears, but it did no good. Within a short time, it was all about him and his life again---he called her to tell her his gf was in ER and probably going to have surgery and would be on the same floor. Like who gives a shit?

Manda kept it together pretty well for Kinsey. When we got there, she held her tight and shed a few tears, then wiped them dry and went on like all was well. They colored and watched Spongebob, and even napped together for a bit. I literally sat outside her door and forbid anyone entrance! Even ask the nurse if she could delay the IV for a little while---she said she could and just to let her know when she woke up.

I had to sit outside the room, I could not sit and watch them.

I took one of the zanax that I was given and thought I would never have use for.

Thanks so much for all the messages and love. I simply could not type it out. I tried. To see it makes it all too real I guess.

They are attributing all the factors of her RA Dx to this as well---there are several factors in common.

I keep hoping this is a nightmare we will wake up from.

There are studies being done at both the Scottsdale mayo Clinic and the University of NM---so she will be referred to one, depending on the results of all the tests they are doing.

Ryan, the old BF come to the hospital today, he heard through our son. He spent over an hour with her, and called me tonight and said he would take Kinsey with him anytime. Possibly with her not being the competition Lindzie would be better. Right now I just want her with me. Becky offered to take her home. I just want her here.

Not sure what happens from here. Hoping even if the worst is true, that the flare eases soon so we can move on to treatment. She read an article by a woman who was diagnosed with this 13 years ago, and she has become a strict Vegan, eating no animal Protein, or dairy, and her symptoms have disappeared, she has not had a flare in years. So she said she might do some serious life changes. She has a good attitude, but is so scared.

Seeing her fear is so much worse than my own.

I am rambling.

I will be in touch, and will have my cell phone.

Love you all.

Kat

Morning gals

i'm up and getting ready for work

Thanks TracyK - because of you i am sitting here drinking coffee with you guys...it is oddly warm here the next 3 days, hopefully the snow will melt or most of it anyway, I got all the ice chipped out of my driveway so that is a start

hope you all have a good day, i'm off to work

Good morning, Violets..

Ethan slept well last night and I just tossed and turned thinking about everything and the ramifications of it all. Jen called Joe last night and she was as bad as ever. She said she was going to "off" herself when she got out and for him to take her keys in and tell her boss she quits. She's got a decent job as Asst. Manager of Big Lots with a decent salary. Without that they will not be able to make it. Her other son, Ethan's step brother is moving back in with his dad, understandably so. But that means another income cut from child support. So they will have to move to a smaller, more affordable place. Joe says if she doesn't have the right attitude when she is released, he will take Ethan and find an apartment for the two of them and she can go live with her mother. All in all, it is looking pretty bleek, but if the meds kick in maybe that will change. He's going in to work today and won't be calling her since it's a public phone, but will wait for her to call him. Ethan is totally unaware and I plan to keep it that way. First thing he said this morning was "good morning, Grandma". So sweet and so nice to wake up to. Schools are closed here today because of freezing rain last night, but it's supposed to get up to 51 today so more melting for sure.

CPA comes at 11. Will check in later today.

Kat...my continued prayers for you, Manda and the family.

Kat - I just can't find the words. All I feel right now is an overwhelming desire to get on a plane and come hold you and let you cry. I feel like I'm in a room with no door and can't get out. You're just on the other side of the wall but you can't hear me. It's so frustrating being so far away when you're in so much pain.

Judy - I am really hopeful that Jen's situation will improve. I know it will, but probably not overnight like you all are needing it to be. It sounds like she's got a long tough road ahead of her.

((((Hugs))) to all my Violet sweeties today. Make it count.

Good morning ladies~

What can I say right now that will not sound trivial? Terry summed up the way I feel too. I can feel the hurt across the miles and I can't do anything but pray. Quite a helpless feeling.

Kat & Judy - give Kinsey and Ethan an extra hug this morning from me :thumbdown:

Hey Girls~

Kat...I can feel your fear through your words...you hang tough and know there is tons of purple prayers heading your way!

Judy...I am thinking about you and wishing the best outcome for Ethan and Joe. Purple prayers heading your way as well.

I am in meetings all day...have a "good" day. Seems stupid to say when we have two sistahs w/ too much on their plate! We love you!

We are up dressed and ready to leave for the hosp. and Rick called, there is a huge accident out on the highway and traffic is stopped, for awhile from the sounds of it. Now they are running the thing on the bottom of the TV. It snowed most of yesterday, and is coming down hard right now. Rick shoveled and cleaned my van before he left for work, and you can't tell he did anything--solid white blanket again.

I called Manda, but there were nurses and maybe a Dr. there, she just said "they are here, I will call you back" so I have no idea who or what is going on, and cannot get there. The back way in, is a twisty windy road that runs along side the river, and it is icy in spots all the time through the winter---and I do not drive it unless there is no other option. The farm is actually on that road, but less than an eighth of a mile from a cross over to the main hiway.

So my plan right now is to wait and hear from Manda. Then depending on what she has heard or has planned I will make my next move. I just had to raise my voice at Kinsey to take off her coat--she was standing at the door, ready to go see her Mama. She made her cards last night, and is extra anxious to go give them to her. And my friend Errol give her money to buy her Mama flowers with, so she is really faunching at the bit to go.

It is such a sucky morning, my Mom is begging me to sit here and wait for awhile, she is VERY afraid of bad weather and driving in the snow.....and yet Manda is alone. Think I need to go into Terry's room without a door and just scream for a few minutes!

I did some reading on line about 2 this morning, and found that there are different severities of this disease. So I found something to give me hope.

I know I need to simply pray that God's Will be done....and I am finding that impossible. I want to dictate how this is going to be...I am afterall the Mom. And not being allowed to do that is harder than I knew.

Well I am going to go see if the state hiway has any updates on line.

Kat

Good Morning Girls.

After a somewhat horrible day yesterday I took a muscle relaxer last night and ended up sleeping till 9am.

I won't bore you with my trival problems when I have several Violets suffering so bad. My heart goes out to all of you and my prayers are for a fast, speady and complete recovery.

Today I have to run to the library and renew the books I'm still reading. Post Office and than off to work.

Don't forget that today is CTCD.

I'm Thankful so a sunshiny day and it also being somewhat warm. I'm Thankful for my good health, for my family and my Violets.

Kat - I agree with your mom. Stay put for a little while longer and see if the conditions on the roads get better. Hugs to you today...

Judy - same to you.... Everything will turn out to the best... It's hard to see that now but when you come out on the other side you will look back and see that everything happened for a reason... Love you and take care of yourself...

Morning all my other girls! Hope everyone has a good day today... Love you girls...

Jane-I did not get your messages until late last night for some reason and you had already gotten home by then...I am so sorry! By the way, thank you so much for the card :thumbdown: Too cute, we loved it!

Kat, my heart goes out to you and your whole family, I agree to wait out the storm/traffic. I got caught up in a bad traffic snarl last night, don't know what the reason was, but it put me in a BAD mood, sitting there waiting!!!

I hope everyone has a great and safe day!!!!!!

Have ya'll been following this developing story about the mom who recently gave birth to octuplets? This woman is freaking crazy....and i'm being as nice as possible.