Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Ha! Enjoy them while you can!! I remember when my kids were small, I had ONE night a week where I got to watch ONE show (now I can't even remember what it was). It was MY HOUR and nobody could interrupt me. LOL What luxury! :wub:

When Macy was little (and now) I do not know what I would have done without DVR and pausing the TV. lol Bad thing is I ended up with so much recorded it was hard to have time to watch it all! Moms these days have it better thanks to technology!! LOVE IT!!:smile::mad::)

Okay, okay since no one came to join me I ate all the cookies!!

Oh yeah Terry what was in the letter???

Bye!!!!!!!

OH! Yeah!! The letter was indeed from my aunt's estate lawyer advising me that I have been named in her will, and there was a copy of the will enclosed. There were no specifics as to the value of what I will be receiving, but I doubt it will be a *huge* amount....the bulk of her estate is going to her 2 surviving siblings. I just think it was SO sweet of her to provide for her nieces and nephews that way!! Even if it's just $100, I think that is just the sweetest thing ever.

How does that work Terry? Do they just send you the money or do you have to do something? That is really sweet of your Aunt. My mom does a grief support group at our church and this past Sunday a nephew of a very old woman from out of town came, and he was talking about cleaning up and out. I told my mom that would be Douglas (my nephew) one day!!

I'm home, and with y'all wondering what was in Terry's certified letter!!!

BUSY day. The receptionist is 23, and a few weeks pregnant. She had some spotting issues a couple of weeks ago, so they have been watching her hormone levels, and did an US, all was well. Then she got to work, and was cramping on her right side, and began spotting again. So she left---ended up that they saw a large cyst on her right ovary in the US, and it burst---due to the influx of hormones. Baby appears to be fine, so she will be back to work tomorrow. But it made today VERY chaotic!!!

I am learning my lab quite well, but the front end stuff, was on the back burner.....til today!! Baptism by fire! Was kinda fun, and made the day fly by---and earned me brownie points to boot!!

Manda called on the way home, and invited me to go eat Chinese with her and Kinsey. Kinsey and I shared a kids size almond chicken....and still had leftovers!!! Of course she ate enough rice for all 3 of us! And about 6 crab rangoon!! Manda and I neither one had rice, the waiter, in his broken english was teasing us about "no diet in a Wunnerful House allow!" The restaurant is Wonderful House, so he was telling us we could not diet. Too danged bad, I am not even going to think about rice, let alone attempt it!!! This fill is too new and too tight for rice, which was a slow go food even at the end when I had fill--there is no way in hell I'd try it now.

Rick said they got the cattle tagged, and some de horned, and culled the ones for the sale yesterday---and apparantly overworked his 80+ year old Dad, and he was sick today! So today Rick is riding (4 wheeler) the fenceline, and making a to do list for tomorrow, he called me tonight from the DQ----traitor!!! There is no cell service on the ranch, it is in the middle of nowhere.

Jane, I feel so guilty when I read your posts, because I am doing the same thing to Lori, my stylist, making my shaggy "do" do, a little longer in the effort to pinch a penny!!!

My parents wanted me to go to the Passion Play with them tonight, I just wanted to veg, I think they were disappointed. Hate that.

Yeah House threw me for a loop, I kept laying in bed thinking about it!!! I had a brother in law (half brother to my mean ex) that they say shot himself. They actually ruled it a suicide. Tommy had a disease that was a mile long name, but he had tumors growing, benign ones, all over the inside of his body, which left him extremely small (5'3") and crooked spined. His Dad had the same disease, only his tumors were on the outside, and as nice as he was, he was scary looking to be honest. Well the Mom was a psycho, and took the kids away from the real Dad (the one with the disease) while he was overseas in the service, and let her new husband adopt them. Well he sexually abused ALL the kids. And I think HE killed Tommy. They found Tommy in his apartment, locked (same as the show) shot in the chest with a RIFLE!!! The autopsy showed the bullet entered the body from up to 4 feet away. He was too small statured to even have held the rifle to his chest and pulled the trigger.

His brothers argued the ruling, but they were both losers, and no one cared. Still kinda makes me sick to my stomach----and fear, having a child, kept me quiet! Crazy life my past was, for how mundane and normal it is now, I used to pray for boring. I love it!

Well I am off to shower and research a knife for Rick.

Will check in later maybe~~~if not then tomorrow! Gotta see what was in Terry's letter.

Feel better my Ms TracyK!!

XOXOX

Good evening, Violets..

Well, I spent the day babysitting Ethan and working on the Hawaii pictures. I am FINALLY done. I had to load them to the computer, resize them and rename them all... all 450+ of them!! But they are done. The only bad part is I lost about 100 pictures of Kauai.. some great ocean shots and all the pictures of the Congregational churches we saw. sighhhh Can't do anything about it. they are lost forever. But the rest survived and some are pretty darn good.

Here's the link..just click on the Hawaii pics.

http://community.webshots.com/user/Teachlady58

I'm going to head to bed. I do my hospital shift tomorrow and am waiting to hear if we have Ethan or not.

Everyone sleep well!!

How does that work Terry? Do they just send you the money or do you have to do something?
I imagine they just send a check when all has been settled, "Enclosed please find ...." God only knows when that will be! Maybe next week or maybe next year! My mom's estate was very simple and it still has not been probated (7 months later) ... we are waiting on one piece of information from Medicare so that the rehab place where she was staying knows how much to refund to us (monthly fees were pre-paid). Medicare has had the case in review for 6 of those months! :smile: Your government healthcare system at work!!

Judy did you get the email I sent you about our new minister?

Don't we have the best government healthcare???

Oh I forgot to tell you all I have a new favorite show

Toddlers and Tiaras! It is on TLC. Way toooo much, but it is a guilty pleasure. I think I will have my fill of it after a few shows though.

Pamela and all violets for that matter, I saw a window sticker/decal that made me think of you, you know how they "University of lalala" on a clear label that goes in your back window? Well this one said real officail looking and all "University of Margaritaville".

Oh I forgot to tell you all I have a new favorite show

Toddlers and Tiaras! It is on TLC. Way toooo much, but it is a guilty pleasure. I think I will have my fill of it after a few shows though.

Pamela and all violets for that matter, I saw a window sticker/decal that made me think of you, you know how they "University of lalala" on a clear label that goes in your back window? Well this one said real officail looking and all "University of Margaritaville".

That is hysterical! I want to go...wait, I think I went to that university! Great sticker. Off to look at Judy's pix! If you don't hear back from me, I will be swimming to Hawaii!

xoxo

Back from the pix! Loved them! My fav was one of you in a yellow MI sweatshirt in the foreground w/ beautiful rolling hills and green everywhere in the background! And you and Bob (separately) on the ship w/ rainbows behind you against a beautiful green mountain. Love the pix of the USS Arizona, reminds me of the Queen Mary and the old days of shipping military over during WWII. Also, when we were kids and would go to Holden Beach in South Carolina every other summer, we would go on this ship (can't think of the name of it) but it makes me miss my dad!

Great pix...loved 'em!

Good morning violets!

I feel SO much better today. Amazing what 24 hours and muscle relaxers can do, lol.

I can't wait to look @ Judys pics...I am gonna do it after I bring Macy to school. Today is 'pay to play' day. Get this...if they bring a dollar and show up early @ school, they can pay to play in the gym before school. Hmmm, seems like it would be free, right? Anyway, I pay it cause she enjoys it and I know she is getting in some cardio...lol

Have a great day sistas!

Good Morn,

Today starts Spring Break for the kids. Today we'll be cleaning/decorating/errands... tomorrow - Fri we're going to NJ to visit dh's folks... then we'll be home late Fri eve.

TOM is kicking my a$$ this month! owie.

TracyK... please tell me that the $1 goes to a good cause... not the teacher's happy hour fund! :)

Judy... Gorgeous pics!!

Hang in there Janie... sooner or later everyone will get sick of their crazy hair & swamp you!

Kat... glad all is going well w/your new gig!

Pam... yeah, I think I went to that college, too!! Oh, and now that I'm booked to visit you, we keep hearing "Palm Springs" all over the place on TV... last night on the Mentalist an actress went to a spa there & my ds was all "isn't that where you're going?" and I just smiled a cat-that-ate-the-canary smile! WHY YES IT IS!!

Terri... how sweet of your aunt... whatever the amount... ENJOY it!

How's it going, Laura? :smile: All operators are standing by to spread any news you may have!

Make it a good day!

Morning all........

I am freaking out right now, and I need some advice.

I got a fill last week and I definately had restriction. The NP told me to watch it like a hawk incase I lost this fill too.........

Well last night I think I overdid it....... I was really full and uncomfortable when I went to bed, but it wasn't a "stuck" feeling..... it was lower. (sorry this next part is gross) About 11:30 I woke up needed to puke....... ACID puke for the next hour... little bits at a time, but it wouldn't stop..... made my back hurt even so I took a shower trying to work it all out. I took two tums and was able to sleep.< /p>

I was freaking out all night...... scared straight so to speak. I was planning to have Water and broth all day today and give it a rest. (and no icecream or LC white russians)

This morning all I've had is about 1/2 cup of coffee and I keep burping it up........

SHOULD I go back to the doc, or should I just try to rest it and quit freaking out.

TracyK... please tell me that the $1 goes to a good cause... not the teacher's happy hour fund! :smile:

Uh, a teacher's happy hour fund sounds like the best cause I can think of!!!?

TracyinKS - Might be acid reflux but all I know for sure right now is that you should stop drinking coffee this morning. Causes lots and lots of acid. You may need to take some Prilosec.