Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Somebody call Kat! I can't 'cause I'm in a fishbowl here at my desk. Judy? TracyK?

Good afternoon, Violets..

Just got off the phone with Kat. There is a little good news.. Manda has develped a spot on her belly, which would rule out the cartilage diagnosis. I'm sure Kat will post soon with all the details. Her flowers had just arrived.

Keep those prayers flowing in her direction!!

Nothing much happening here. I've been cleaning the house and doing laundry. I went to church and got music ready for the next few weeks. I'll be gone the Sunday before Palm Sunday, and Palm Sunday so I had to make sure the music was not too difficult so someone else could direct.

I've had tuna with soy nuts and oranges for Breakfast and ham and cheese Soup for lunch and a snack of a handful of soy nuts so far today, plus 1 liter of Water. We're having three cheese enchiladas for supper. I'm off to go ride my bike and do the glider.

Thank you, Judy!! :rose:

Thanks Judy!

The Reader is an amazingly mature and sexy movie...you should all see it. It is very sexy so don't bring the children. Two thumbs up!

Hi girls,

Yep just as we pulled up so did the florist delivery van. The flowers are beautiful....thank you so much. I love you all.

I spoke with Manda just before talking to Judy, and she was excited, she thought she noticed improvement, and was thrilled they were possibly eliminating the Dx of the RP. We were all feeling quite happy.

Then she called a few minutes ago, and I could hardly understand her through the sobs. A new infectious disease Dr. come in, and he thinks the improvement is temporary and only due to some steroid response. He said in his 30 year career, he has only seen this about 5 times, and he compared it to getting Sadam Hussein (SP?) he said they went in and bombed the hell out of his country, just as they did with the potent antibiotics, and did not have any luck, so just like with him, they are going to have to just dig him out. He says they need to locate a surgeon willing to do such difficult work, and that it will be disfiguring, and will consist of 2-4 surgeries, and eliminating all the infected cartiledge and tissue.

She is beside herself.

The hospital is rated very highly, and the Dr.'s supposedly top notch, but the hospital is nasty! It is old, and crowded. She is now in a shared room, and the roomate is in for undiagnosed abdominal pain and moans non stop. She has her DH with her 24/7 who is loud and a nurse at another hospital, and he is actually sleeping on the floor in between the 2 beds. She is freezing, so they have the room at 80 degrees or higher. The room is so crowded that when they brought the roomate back from endoscopy, they actually ask Manda to wait in the waiting room so they had more room to manuever. So she has to leave, and worry about her computer, and her purse etc. or drag it all with her. Manda has no phone signal nor will her air card work. She is totally cut off, unless she leaves the hospital. She is completely upset not seeing Kinsey. So she just sobs. And here I am 200 miles away-------back home. Rick is changing the oil in my car, and Kinsey and I may head out and just get a room, and put myself in some serious debt! I don't know what to do.

I keep telling myself, she is just on overload, and needs to sob for a little bit and she will recoup her fight, and we will move on, but it is so hard to hear.

The first infectious disease Dr, did not say anything about surgery, and has been trying to get status on the pathology tests that should be being done today. The hope is that the lymph node they removed, has harbored some of the infection, and they will slice it and stain it to see what the infection type is. The internal medicine Dr, last night said with any luck it will show something quickly, because if it doesn't fungal infections take a long time to grow. So, we would again be in la la land with no Dx.

The infection didease Dr. this afternoon was not

brb she is on the phone again

I am back. Lost 6 pounds since my fill.

I went to Hobby Lobby and they have all of their Hallmark cards 50% off. I don't know if it is just local or not, but it is a great savings!! I am a card sender, and have been sending Ryan a card once a week or so. Not to mention my Aunt and Uncle and Ryans wife. Although I am running out of cards that I haven't already sent!!

Thanks for the update Judy and Kat!!!!!!!!

I still am amazed at Maizemommy!!!!

I am back. Lost 6 pounds since my fill.

I went to Hobby Lobby and they have all of their Hallmark cards 50% off. I don't know if it is just local or not, but it is a great savings!! I am a card sender, and have been sending Ryan a card once a week or so. Not to mention my Aunt and Uncle and Ryans wife. Although I am running out of cards that I haven't already sent!!

Thanks for the update Judy and Kat!!!!!!!!

I still am amazed at Maizemommy!!!!

6# is awesome, Jane!! Now change that ticker.. !!

OK--

The initial pathology reports are back, and nothing is showing in them. Which is a HUGE dissapointment.

And since he come back to talk to her, the Inf. Dis, Dr. thinks it is psuedomonas parachondritis. Which is a similar thing to the RP Dx, except it is an illness, rather than a disease. the psuedo is because it presents in a mocking manner. But it can be treated with medication and surgery, and will not relapse, and will not move to other cartiledge. Which is an ENORMOUSLY good thing--- Most cases are caused by trauma to the cartilidge. Like being smacked in the ear by a baseball, or a boxer or having the cartliledge pierced. She has done none of that....but that is his feeling of what is going on. He is putting her on 3 different antibiotics that will focus on this diagnosis, and see what difference they make, and they will attempt to locate a surgeon.

He told her to talk to the charge nurse about being moved. Because while he was trying to talk to her about the Dx, the woman was puking over and over and over. Manda said she really feels bad for the woman, but enough was enough!!

More phone calls---brb

Kat

So the Dr. printed out some case histories for her to read about the psuedo thing, and she said some of them are strikingly similar to hers.

He said finding a surgeon to do this type of work would likely take another move, probably to Scottsdale AZ to the mayo Clinic there.

So.....for now I am sitting tight, going to see how she does with the new antibiotics.

Hi Ladies~

We're home! Had SO much fun. Came home with what we went with money wise so that is fantastic! I tried to respect the pouch and we will see what happens. I have such a bad head cold and sinus drainage that I can not eat anything solid so I lived on potato Soup (and ice cream) this past weekend. I HAD to eat something and those were my only choices. I did not have any chocolate candy so that is a plus. I am gonna wait a few days before I get on the scales for just in case.:tongue2:

Kat-I am praying that these antibiotics are just what Manda needs! I sure hope they get her in a different room. I liked your last post. There is a ray of sunshine in it.

Terry-thank you so much for the text updating me! I do play blackjack. That is my game of choice :biggrin: I did not play too much because I found myself wanting to smoke while playing cards...plus the dealer was kicking our ass! lol

TracyinKS-trust me on this one cause I know a little something about it, k?.....do not go without weighing for too long. I know you are scared to weigh but wouldn't you rather be informed? Just get on them...do it. It may sting at first but then you can FIX it, k? You were able to eat Pizza Crust?

Jane-WOOHOO YOU!! way to go on the -6!!!!!! :rose:

Laura-Love the nursery. I have letters like that spelling Macy hanging in her room. This past move I took the ribbons off and now they are velcro'd to her wall. Cute!

Heather-five pounds is nothing when preggo....eat something for me! lol

Judy-I hope I didn't hurt my progress. If I did, it is just a temporary setback. I agree w/ Terry, change your eating habits from soy nuts to something else and I'll bet you lose!

I need to get off here and give dd her bath. Good night violets :biggrin:

Hey--good news is, they moved Manda to the surgical floor, and into a private suite, I think they were concerned about a law suit she said. The charge nurse was freaking out about the vomit smell in an 85 degree room!!

Anyway the new suite is just that Manda said, it is similar to her room here, has a sofa, a desk a private bath etc. So she says if she has surgery there she will just remain in the room. We CAN stay with her if we need to. They also said they would give her a voucher for us to stay in the hospitality home they have if we want. So I am back to the original plan of Kinsey and I going down on Wed. and spending the day unless they plan a surgery before.

So it is some better.....and hoping to continue that way.

Thank you again for my flowers--you are all so special!

XOXXO

Kat

Jane, I'm so happy for you. Glad to see you back on the losing side.

I had a good Doc appointment today. I also am Loser. Phew...

So much good news!!!

Kat...that is great! I would screaming loudly about puke...HATE THAT. Plus, how is she supposed to heal if she has to leave the room and had to listen to moans....jjeezzzzz! So glad to hear the update...I agree...some sunshine in there.

Jane! Are you ready for 'em???

:rose::Banane20::tongue2::Banane20: -6 sista!! WOOFREAKINHOO!

TracyK...back w/o having lost money! So glad you had fun. It is great that ya'll get away for some "date time".

Have a great night!

xoxooxox

OK Trace........ tomorrow I WILL weigh...... good bad and the damn near disgusting I will do it... (I'm tearing up just typing it)...... me and my stupid ass self sabotage.... god why do I do this to myself??? and I'm not taking his name in vain. I'm asking a sincere question...........

Kat: I am beyond words with the grief I feel for you and manda and especially Kinsey....

Michelle: I finally opened your valentine today.... I've been looking at it for a couple days... I've felt like such a failure and non deserving of it......

I'm a blubbering mess right now....... the calls the texts, the Facebook messages..... all willing me back... it really takes my breath away...... thank you...

I have a fill scheduled for wednesday......... as with counseling for both robby and cody......... Charles and I watched the video assigned to us from the counselor.. called 123 magic........

thank you dear friends

TracyKS, So glad to have you back no matter what shape you are in. We care for you in good times and in bad times. We are always here for you. You are treasured beyond belief.