Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hi girls,

Manda had her IV this morning and headed off to work. The steroids are already working, she is able to close her mouth, the jaw is less swollen, and the golf ball knot is now movable---where last night it was just tight swollen. She will get another IV tonight, then will rely on oral antibiotics, and the steroids for a few more days. She said she did not use the Lortab, and it being less swollen it is less tender today so she probably just wasted her $$$. I told her to put them away, you can never tell when a toothache or twisted ankle will happen, and having them will be appreciated!

I was similar to Laura, the first 2 trimesters with Manda I was small....but man oh man I ballooned then!! Looked like I swallowed a beach ball! The height gives room for all the additional weight, but when the baby started growing, so did I!

Heather, I got ZERO help from ER. If there is a fill center anywhere close, they will do an unfill even if you are not a patient, of course at a cost.

Might be best to get DH or a good friend to take you in, I know it is 4 hours and a hard trip, but much better to be safe than sorry. Now if you cannot get liquids in, and cannot get to your Dr. so opt to wait for the clinic next week, your OB or PCP can order IV fluids on a 2X a day basis, which will keep you and the baby hydrated and with necessary nutrients. I had to do that prior to my surgery for the twisted intestine.

Well Kinsey is finally ready for lunch, she is asking for grilled cheese. Man it makes me want one! Usually I can convince her to have chicken salad, or a tossed salad or Soup. Today she is begging for grilled cheese. So what kind of Granny would I be if I denied her???

Judy great pic--------I notice YOU are surrounded by men......LOL You look great! You do not look like you have ever had a weight issue.

Will try to catch up with everyone else in a bit....of to make a grilled cheese!

Kat

Back from the movie and just wait till it comes out on DVD. It was enjoyable but I would wait.

Now I'm off to go next door and ride with them to the BB game at the high school. After that Deb and I are going for a Margi.

Judy, you are too cute for words.

Laura, I also look more pregnant than you do.

Maybe I should take a full body pic in the mirror so you can see.. I gained 38lbs so far, so 38lbs gotta be somewhere if it's not on the baby LOL.

Hello.. I'm logging in from my moms waiting for her to get off work.... She has some Mary Kay for me and my sis wants me to trade twilight books with her......

We are going to dinner and it is my plan to have 1 taco, two tops.......... I have been good all day....

60 oz of Water

24 dt dr pep

1 pot of coffee

2 small boiled chicken breasts dipped in ranch

4or 5 oz of cheddar cheese sliced and dipped in ranch

12 oz of choc calorie countdown

8oz of vanilla calorie countdown with shot of sf choc syurp and a tiny bit of vodka..........

that is it for today.......

My jeans are so tight they are uncomfortable.. and it would be hell if I washed and dried them!!!!

I'm trying to pull my head out of my ass....... 2009 I'm getting to 159........

Hey Gang!

Happy Thursday! I was sworn in today by the City clerk!!! That was kinda cool. I went in and said, "Hi, I am Pamela xxx", and everyone said, "OOOO Hi!!! Welcome!!!"

We are going out to Mexican tonight w/ Steph and Bob! I don't have the restraint Tracy has...my saving grace came at 4:30 this morning...and will be here again at 4:30 tomorrow! Oh well...life is fun!

xooxxoxoox

Congrats, PamELa!!

I'm going to watch CSI and then head to bed. Ethan comes again in the morning.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

I missed the needle in the tummy. When I got my fill a few weeks ago it was the first time I had it done under floro. She still had a hard time with it, but it really doesn't hurt, took her 1/2 hour to get the needle in, then when she did get the needle in, she had me stand up, with the needle still in my belly, and did a barium swallow. It felt really really odd to stand up with a needle sticking out of my belly!!

I hope all is well with everyone!!

Violet vibes to Tracyk!!!!!!!

It's so weird to hear everybody's stories of their fills. I have never had a problem with any of mine except one. 6 months after my surgery I broke my collarbone and when I went in for a fill he wanted it done under floro so that I didn't have to strain to pull myself up after the fill. Other than that he has me lift my head a little to tighten the stomach muscles and than he feels around for the port. When he finds it he sticks the needle in and gives me the fill and back out again. The worst part about it is if I forget to take the band-aid off when I get home, than I have a rash for about 4 days. Allergic to the adhesive. The whole time I'm in the office is approx: 10 minutes. Thats talking and injection.

Good Morning, Violets..

Up and showered and ready for Ethan to arrive for the day. Got my bills paid online and am good to go. We are going to go to Great Wolf Lodge tomorrow to meet up with DS Josh and his family. We get to see the grandkids!! We'll spend the day with them and then come back home as the Bobster is preaching at MY church Sunday. He's filling in for the "pastor" who is on vacation. (I use the term pastor loosely.. I really don't think much of the guy.)

My fills are painless and quick. We drive 4 hours for a 5 minute appointment with the doctor. We spend more time with the nurses than the doctor, but I know if we had questions or concerns he'd spend more time with us. I hop up on the table, lift my legs up, he feels for the port sticks a little hypo in, pulls it out and we're done with a cotton pad on for a minute. Drink a glass of Water and we're good for another month. The hypo in the picture on the home page was HUGE. It looked like it could hold a cup of liquid!! That's why I thought it might be photo shopped.

I better go get dressed and get my hair dry and curled before the little guy arrives.

Everyone have a great day!!

Morning Ladies~

Home from the gym for the fourth day this week! Yeah Me! Also, we meet w/ our trainer tomorrow for the first time! I am bummed it is at 10am...for us, that is like the middle of the day. But oh well...should be fun(is fun really the word I am looking for??).

My fills...I wait for an hour in the office (the office is about 1.5 miles from house) I FINALLY get in there, I lay down, tighten the stomach muscle, he finds the port, hopefully easily (I have had it both easy and not so easy), then I sit up...w/ the needle sticking out. He drains and records what is in ther, then puts more in...and I sit there while drinking some thick protien drink (yummy and choc), and I sit there to make sure it goes down. He will fill it until it doesn't, then back down. I was supposed to get fill yesterday, but feel that I've been tight enought the last couple weeks. Think exercise is making it tight...but you know, it ebbs and flows.

OK...Have a great day! I'll pop in later!

xoxoxoxo

Ok Girls, I need your Help.

Last night right before I went to bed I took a handleful of pills. Now don't panic. They were stool softners, the gel kind. Anyway they must have gelled together because I woke up around midnight and sure enough they did not go down. They were stuck in my throat. I walked around a little and drank some warm Water than I went back to bed. I woke up around 4:30am and decided to try some very hot cocoa to see if they would disolve. Well that only manage to move the mass down to my band and that is where they have been for 4 hours. I went back to sleep for about another hour and a half. I got up and drank another cup of hot cocoa. I just got back form the Y where I walked on the tredmill. Now I'm trying another cup of hot cocoa.

I am getting liquids down. Not very easily though. I haven't tried to eat anything because I'm afraid that it might get stuck. So, what else can I try to get this mass disolved? Any Idea????? It doesn't hurt, just very uncomfortable.