Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Decembers Bandsters?

I do have a question for anybody who's been banded for a few day or weeks, is it normal to be burping or feeling like you need to burp?

I have been trying to hiccup, but very very gently. It's hard to cough with this pain. I have been passing gas but not out my mouth! :tongue_smilie: So expect that too!

I do have a question for anybody who's been banded for a few day or weeks, is it normal to be burping or feeling like you need to burp?

oh yeah that's definately normal!

Here it is a snowy Saturday in Iowa. I have been banded since wednesday the 17th. That day went pretty fast but then again seemed kinda long also....strange but thats how it seemed. I have had a lot of pain, but I had 2 surgeries, I had my gallbladder out along with the band being put it. Those of you who are scared, don't worry, you will be out like a light and they will give you something to calm you beforehand. I didn't think it was possible there was anyone as scared as me and asking all of these crazy questions, but we all are scared, but it is over and done with before you know it. The 1st 2 days on liquid were good, just stay away from t.v. if you can....sooo much food on t.v. but it hasnt bothered me too much, I don't feel hungry. Today I have eaten a whole small cup (jello-that you buy inthe store) of pudding, slowly, with no problems. I had some grape juice and a sugar free popsicle. I have not had a bm since the day or 2 before surgery...is this normal? Do you think I should take something for this?

I came home the same day as my surgery due to bad weather in my area, and I live about 1.5 hrs from the hospital, they said if I can p and walk I can go home, so I did. It took me a while to get out of the anestesia -- all I wanted to do was sleep after surgery. Sure I had 2nd thoughts threw this whole process, and I still ask myself when I am watching others eat "did I do the right thing?" and my answer is YES YES YES! I am staying at my parents while I recouperate, no way could I be alone, I just can't move and do some stuff for mysefl, but every day is getting easier. I took a shower day 2 after surgery. I felt so much better after that. I have heard that single no kid people like myself tend to heal slower than others who have "someone to heal for" is this true? Kinda like the old addage, that single people don't live as long as married people? I sure am moving slow at it. I had to refill my pain meds already but that is more or less so I wouldnt run out this weekend. I am having to take them about every 3.5-4 hours. When I say pain, it feels like someone kicked or punched me in the stomach about 20 times, then I know its time for pain meds. I feel very good about the surgery and my decision. I would share anything with you all out there...obvoiusly! :tongue: Thanks for all of your support! I am on the other side now! Those of you who are scared, just ask your nurse for something to calm you and you will be alright! and stick to this list!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :tongue_smilie:

Here it is a snowy Saturday in Iowa. I have been banded since wednesday the 17th. That day went pretty fast but then again seemed kinda long also....strange but thats how it seemed. I have had a lot of pain, but I had 2 surgeries, I had my gallbladder out along with the band being put it. Those of you who are scared, don't worry, you will be out like a light and they will give you something to calm you beforehand. I didn't think it was possible there was anyone as scared as me and asking all of these crazy questions, but we all are scared, but it is over and done with before you know it. The 1st 2 days on liquid were good, just stay away from t.v. if you can....sooo much food on t.v. but it hasnt bothered me too much, I don't feel hungry. Today I have eaten a whole small cup (jello-that you buy inthe store) of pudding, slowly, with no problems. I had some grape juice and a sugar free popsicle. I have not had a bm since the day or 2 before surgery...is this normal? Do you think I should take something for this?

I came home the same day as my surgery due to bad weather in my area, and I live about 1.5 hrs from the hospital, they said if I can p and walk I can go home, so I did. It took me a while to get out of the anestesia -- all I wanted to do was sleep after surgery. Sure I had 2nd thoughts threw this whole process, and I still ask myself when I am watching others eat "did I do the right thing?" and my answer is YES YES YES! I am staying at my parents while I recouperate, no way could I be alone, I just can't move and do some stuff for mysefl, but every day is getting easier. I took a shower day 2 after surgery. I felt so much better after that. I have heard that single no kid people like myself tend to heal slower than others who have "someone to heal for" is this true? Kinda like the old addage, that single people don't live as long as married people? I sure am moving slow at it. I had to refill my pain meds already but that is more or less so I wouldnt run out this weekend. I am having to take them about every 3.5-4 hours. When I say pain, it feels like someone kicked or punched me in the stomach about 20 times, then I know its time for pain meds. I feel very good about the surgery and my decision. I would share anything with you all out there...obvoiusly! :tongue: Thanks for all of your support! I am on the other side now! Those of you who are scared, just ask your nurse for something to calm you and you will be alright! and stick to this list!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :tongue_smilie:

It's normal to be constapated but it's not a good thing. If you take benefiber it really helps with the Constipation and the gas!

Hello fellow December Bandsters! I was just wondering what everyone is eating/drinking? I am trying to get some ideas because I am starving! I am sick of Soup, broth, Jello, pudding and yogurt. i need some ideas of how to mix it up. I start the mushies in a few days and if anyone had any ideas on that i'd greatly appreciate it. :frown:

I hope everyone is doing well!

I have been doing well with mashed potatoes and gravy. tastes good when youre starving! :frown:

just take it slow and add a little milk with them if you can.

I am on mushies in 2 days, but have been eating pots and gravy for about a week now....no problems. I have even eaten and drank at the same time, not recommended but old habits sure die hard!

Hello fellow December Bandsters! I was just wondering what everyone is eating/drinking? I am trying to get some ideas because I am starving! I am sick of Soup, broth, Jello, pudding and yogurt. i need some ideas of how to mix it up. I start the mushies in a few days and if anyone had any ideas on that i'd greatly appreciate it. :party:

I hope everyone is doing well!

I was able to have sugar free popsicles, sugar free fudgicles, V8 juice small cans for soup and no sugar added soft vanilla ice cream also.

I bought 5 oz cups to eat in so that I would have close to the right amount each time. It worked well. I am on solids right now and the only thing I had trouble with because it made me ill was cottage cheese. Everything else I was able to eat okay. My surgery was on 12/5/2008. I'm returning to work on 1/5/2009. I have been doing the elipticle machine and light dancing for excersize and feeling just groovy. My tummy is healing very well and I feel great so far.

Good luck to you and I know you will do well. Keep it up.

Laurie

December 30,2008 is my surgery date [today!!!] i couldnt sleep last night and now i'm up all early. i'm not leaving my house until like 8:45 but i've been up since six. im more nervous about the psychological changes. what ive always associated myself with and what today will bring for me:teeth_smile:

Hello everyone,

My original surgery date was 12/19 but it got postponed because my white blood cell count was too high. I have been fighting an upper respiratory infection for about a month prior to my surgery. They rescheduled it for the 29th. My doctor acted like he still didn't want to do the surgery. Anyway, I told him that I felt great and that we should proceed. I really would have been disappointing had he wanted to reschedule again, I was already undressed and in that wonderful hospital gown and I was so ready to get it done and over with. I can't say that it has been a walk in the park, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. My surgery was at 10:30 and I was home by 3. That day I thought I was going to die from the gas pain. It had settled in my middle back and my left breast. The next day was when I thought I had been kicked by a mule, still this wasn't as bad as the gas pain. It has been five days since surgery, and I am just now starting to feel a little hungry. I have my followup visit on 1/7, I hope that I can start mushies. The liquid diet sucks and there isn't much variety, plus I don't have any energy doing the liquid diet. Anyway, I am just taking it one day at a time. I feel that I have over the first big obstacle.

Happy New Year to everyone.

I trust we all made it ok? I'm looking forward to my follow up with my Surgeon on Monday, and then Friday with my family doctor where he will see I'm down 30 pounds. I've not had a blood pressure reading over 120/80 since I got home. I'm hoping for a reduction in my BP medicine.

I'm feeling great! Just had my first fill and am losing fast. I feel like I'm starting all over when I had the fill. I had to do the liquids, mushies, food...etc. Now, I'm on food again. LOL I just started exercise regimine a few days ago. Was okay'd to do sit-ups too!

How's everyone feeling?

Hi Teresa, thanks for your post! I am 17 days out from surgery, and feel like I can eat anything and however much I want! Kinda scary! But I am anticipating that my 1st fill will hinder this! I can't say I am hungry, just mentally hungry. My nutritionist told me I will feel hungrier as the 6 weeks approaches. I guess thats on main reason why they have us on strict diets for the 1st 6 weeks, among many other reasons. And why we have to do Protein Drinks in between meals to stave off hunger. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone! I was banded on 12/29. Everything went o.k.

came home next day around 11a m. Until today I really felt awful, sore, tired, emotional and after the third day STARVING!! But last nite I seemed to have a turn for the better I was finaly able to eat some yogurt and I had a popcicle.(besides the Protien shakes} everything up till then hurt my stomach & took hours to get down. Going to check-up Monday. I think it's all going to be O.K. :tt2:

I was wondering if anyone has had the following experience. Every time I drink something I seem to get gas on my stomach. This includes Water, shakes, etc. I would have figured being almost a week out that the gas would subside. It happens everytime I ingest something.