Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Decembers Bandsters?

No real preop diet here either....just the day before surgery.....anyways.......a little nervous, a bit excited!!!

No real preop diet here either....just the day before surgery.....anyways.......a little nervous, a bit excited!!!

Me neither!

I'm getting banded on 12/2 and I start my pre-op stuff tomorrow 11/30, which consist of the EZ Prep, then fluids the day before.

:thumbup:

Hello All! I will be banded on December 4th in Lafayette, LA! This pre-op diet stinks and I'm ready for the real deal! Lol, I have lost about 7#'s so far! Good luck to us all and I pray all of our surgeries are a breeze!

Hey All... I am soooo excited! I am being banded December 3rd. ONly a few more days to go. I went shopping with my gorgeous size 5 sisters and mother yesterday. I couldn't help but dream of picking out clothes in the same store as them.

My dietician suggested a preop diet but it was never required. I did a preop diet for 2 months while waiting for approval from insurance. I kind of slacked over thanksgiving. Does anyone know of people who had the surgery without a preop diet? Did they have lots of complications postop?

My sister had no pre-op diet before her band back in April '04, and had no immediate complications at surgery time. Eventually, her doctor did have to go in and fix her port, as it had flipped over, but that had nothing to do with the initial surgery. She said she "drank diet coke right up until her midnight 'stop eating/drinking' surgery deadline."

Hi just getting back from the holidays. I starded my pre-op I hope Im doing everything right thurday Clear Liquids. Boy thats going to be hard. My last day at work will be Wednesday. Excited and little scared! Life will be different afterwards.

Hello December Bandsters,

I was just banded yesterday afternoon. So far I feel fine. No pain thanks to meds. No shoulder pain, no gassy feeling. Surgery was at 2:00pm and I was able to get up and walk around 6:00pm for a little bit. I slept a lot and will do that again today. I have been able to sip Water and ice chips with no problem. My throat has been very dry, so I try to sip Water a lot. I am also trying to move around to avoid any gas problems.

I did have a preop diet for 2 months of 2 Protein shakes and one meal. I lost 15 lbs. I took thanksgiving weekend off though. I started Monday again with the 2 Protein Shakes and one meal. Tuesday, I did a clear liquid diet. Not bad. I drank an Isopure Protein Drink which is clear and can be found at GNC. That kept me full along with broth, Jello, and applejuice. By 7:00pm I was hungry so I just kept busy.

Good luck for all those starting their preop diet or having surgery today.:cursing:

Doing great,

teacherica

2 weeks to go! Called the surgeons office to see if I can continue to take melatonin. (sleep aid)

December 30th here..... upon my insurance approval...but the office seems to think no problem there.

I'm on my 2nd day of pre-op diet. Ugh. I have a Migraine right now.... Don't know what it is from...lack of caffeine or food? lol Probably both.... I'm just making the best of it. It will all be worth it in the end...

Dr. David Kim (Colleyville, Texas)

Pre-op started 12/3/08

Surgery scheduled 12/30/08

Don't know what it is from...lack of caffeine or food? lol Probably both.... I'm just making the best of it. It will all be worth it in the end...

Are you allowed caffeine on your diet? There is a bottled Water with caffeine, I used it to ween myself off it when I gave up Pepsi/Coke. It helped keep the headaches off, I was able to cut back on caffeine, but stop the sugar immediately.

Are you allowed caffeine on your diet? There is a bottled Water with caffeine, I used it to ween myself off it when I gave up Pepsi/Coke. It helped keep the headaches off, I was able to cut back on caffeine, but stop the sugar immediately.

Yes, i'm allowed caffeine on my diet. Just no sugar.... I tried to drink some warm tea a little bit ago and it seemed to help a little bit. What is that Water called with the caffeine in it? I'm not really a big fan of tea or coffee.

I do miss my diet coke....

tonight i'm going to have some sugar free Jello - prob alot of it ... lol and a shake or two.

I didn't even think about mellotonin to help sleep.. I might go get some of that tonight.

. What is that Water called with the caffeine in it? I'm not really a big fan of tea or coffee. .

The brand we had was called Aqua Java , not sure if it is sold nationally, but there are variants, google caffeine Water.< /p>

I Just remembered I didn't have shoulder pain either! I had every other type of pain including nausea but this is only night 2 after surgery and feeling tons better. I am going to be brave and try a little cup of coffee tomorrow morning. I let you know how it goes.