Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

If we do a FB group can we do a locked group and you can allow people in- but there are lots of people I dont want knowing I am banded. Also can we make the name a sort of name that doesnt say lapband - because some people can see which groups you are in- even if they are locked- they just cant see your posts. Thanks

I returned to my doc this week after a year and half away from him. Almost back at my starting weight. He was sweet and compassionate about my struggles and said sometimes people just need to take a break and when you are ready- the band is waiting for you. He actual removed about 1 cc from my band- since I was having some pains. We did a barium swallow- showed a little reflux but band was in correct position and not slipped and also no dilation. I go in two weeks to get an EGD done (scope) just to see if I have erosion- he doesnt think I do- but just to be safe.

I have no restriction right now. I could eat bread! I am amazed that 1 cc made a huge difference. I have 8 in my 10cc band.

Pain is better now.

I just struggle so much and love reading post like yours that make me feel I am not alone.

I think a private fb would be great, does anyone know how to get it up and running?

It's great to have people to talk to about our ups and downs. I hope all goes well with your dr app. I know for me going back after 4 years is a bit intimidating :). I hope it goes well, my doc wasn't much for bedside manner but a good guy none the less. Today I realy made the effort to eat like I am supposed to, I had egg white omelet with mushrooms onion and cheese. A half slice of toast. Did good, didn't drink more than a half cup of coffee. About an half hour 45 min later I got the blocked feeling, waited as long as I could stand then had to vomit. Horrible!!! So much for the right food choices. I waited 3 hours and had a half Turkey sand w cheese no bread. Kept that down for 3 hours but still feels like its sitting there, heartburn! So discouraging, looking froward to seeing the doc soon!

I think I am asking for an unfill and to check and make sure I didn't slip my band with all this vomiting. Wish me luck bandsters:)!

My fb is Kerijeremiahames, look me up! Also my email is keriames1981@yahoo.com if anyone is interested in chatting that way to :)

My fb is Kerijeremiahames, look me up! Also my email is keriames1981@yahoo.com if anyone is interested in chatting that way to :).. By the way my names Keri, female 31 from Montana. Nice to meet you all!

If we do a FB group can we do a locked group and you can allow people in- but there are lots of people I dont want knowing I am banded. Also can we make the name a sort of name that doesnt say lapband - because some people can see which groups you are in- even if they are locked- they just cant see your posts. Thanks

I returned to my doc this week after a year and half away from him. Almost back at my starting weight. He was sweet and compassionate about my struggles and said sometimes people just need to take a break and when you are ready- the band is waiting for you. He actual removed about 1 cc from my band- since I was having some pains. We did a barium swallow- showed a little reflux but band was in correct position and not slipped and also no dilation. I go in two weeks to get an EGD done (scope) just to see if I have erosion- he doesnt think I do- but just to be safe.

I have no restriction right now. I could eat bread! I am amazed that 1 cc made a huge difference. I have 8 in my 10cc band.

Pain is better now.

I just struggle so much and love reading post like yours that make me feel I am not alone.

Wow! I'm 6.3 in a 10 band as well. I wish I could get to 7. I know this weight would be melting then. My stomach is not having it. As for the bread eating I would say to stay away as much as you can. There are times that I'm out and I have no choice. I was at a church meeting and they had subways. I didn't even know I could eat it. I went slow with it, but it went down and stayed down. I try to keep in mind the things that I couldn't really eat when I was much tighter and I try to stay away from them. I'm not perfect by any means. I just know for me, carbs are not my friends. Especially starches.

Its good that you have started with your doctor. You are back in the saddle :-)

Does anyone have the 3cc band? I don't hear much about them. I have 2.5cc fill so extremely restrictive, I look back and before my last fill 4 years ago I was loosing more weight. Figures lol

I only have 4.something ccs in my 10 cc band. I've tried going tighter, but then I can't get much down, definitely not solid Protein. Sometimes even soft and mushies and liquids would come back up. My dr's nurse thinks it is weird and is always trying to get me to get fills. Although now I live 4 hours away and haven't seen her in a year. But, now that I am paying attention, I've noticed that sometimes food keeps me full for 4 hours, and other times it is more like 2.5. I'm wondering if I should try a fill. Although, since I've gained weight, I'm afraid to go back.

I only have 4.something ccs in my 10 cc band. I've tried going tighter' date=' but then I can't get much down, definitely not solid Protein. Sometimes even soft and mushies and liquids would come back up. My dr's nurse thinks it is weird and is always trying to get me to get fills. Although now I live 4 hours away and haven't seen her in a year. But, now that I am paying attention, I've noticed that sometimes food keeps me full for 4 hours, and other times it is more like 2.5. I'm wondering if I should try a fill. Although, since I've gained weight, I'm afraid to go back.[/quote']

Hmm I would call them up. Please don't make my mistakes, I haven't been to the doc in 4 years, gained 14lbs in the last year. I am going to the doc in the next month. I waited to long please don't do the same :)

You can start a group' date=' but there are so many out there. I'm in a active band group, but it doesn't seem like people there are struggling. Most have lost the weight and its a lot of newbies. I came back here for the real support. I rarely was involved in the beginning, cause I thought I didn't really need support, man I was wrong. So I'm here to encourage and be encouraged. I got one person that's been checking in with me. Its not enough though. I need a lot of accountability. I even tried to get with some other wls folks from my monthly support group, but they aren't as responsive. Makes no sense when you aren't really loosing, but can't make you respond.[/quote']

I will msg u my number feel free to text.

Thanks. Being on this site has helped, but I have to do my part and respond. I've done so much better, but the real work is in the diet and exercise. My exercise was good yesterday, but the diet wasn't. Trying to do better.

Iim reading a book on lap band and wanted to share this with u all. While it may or may nt be true i find t very interesting.

Unfortunately When something doesn't work out well in medicine doctors Have a tendency to blame others. in this case they blame the band or they blame the patient.most failures however are due to the doctor.

Interesting huh?

Iim reading a book on lap band and wanted to share this with u all. While it may or may nt be true i find t very interesting.

Unfortunately When something doesn't work out well in medicine doctors Have a tendency to blame others. in this case they blame the band or they blame the patient.most failures however are due to the doctor.

Interesting huh?

This maybe true. However, we all have a part to play in this journey. I think it so easy to blame someone else, when we know we haven't changed our eating habits or that we don't exercise at all. For me, its the very small things that set my weight off. I can't really have a lot of Snacks, rice, potatoes, etc. I heard some banders say that they had a 1/2 cup or a few table spoons of rice each night. Yeah, I can't do that. I've had to take the time to find out which foods work best for me, and which combination of exercise will get this weight off. My body is not really effected by 2 or 3 days a week in the gym. It just keeps me balanced. But if I'm 4 or more, its on! Our light switch has to come on, after we get off that surgery table.

I had begun getting myself back on track, but when my mom was diagnosed with cancer, my life started going down hill. She died in June. It took me a minute to get refocused, but I'm now finding my rhythm.

I am really sorry to hear about your Mum. My life also went downhill for similar reasons and I regained 30 kg (66lb) while I was struggling emotionally for a couple of years. As others have said, I think it is important to acknowledge responsibility for what has happened but also to be compassionate towards ourselves.

A week before Christmas I recommitted myself to 'working with' my band. I finally went back to the doctor after a long absence and got a small unfill initially and a script for acid reflux medication. I started tracking my calories on an iphone app, which helped me make better food choices. I increased my dog walks by an extra 20 minutes per day and joined a gentle aquarobics class once per week. So far I have lost 5.9 kg (13lbs) in 7 weeks. I am feeling optomistic for the first time in ages.

So has anyone started the FB group we discussed yet?

I am really sorry to hear about your Mum. My life also went downhill for similar reasons and I regained 30 kg (66lb) while I was struggling emotionally for a couple of years. As others have said' date=' I think it is important to acknowledge responsibility for what has happened but also to be compassionate towards ourselves.

A week before Christmas I recommitted myself to 'working with' my band. I finally went back to the doctor after a long absence and got a small unfill initially and a script for acid reflux medication. I started tracking my calories on an iphone app, which helped me make better food choices. I increased my dog walks by an extra 20 minutes per day and joined a gentle aquarobics class once per week. So far I have lost 5.9 kg (13lbs) in 7 weeks. I am feeling optomistic for the first time in ages.[/quote']

Thanks for your comments. I'm learning myself. Sounds like you are doing a great job. Focus is the key, and it sounds like you are on your way.

So has anyone started the FB group we discussed yet?