Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year Challenge

Hi all,

I haven't posted much. To be honest, my weight was moving without much effort but it has stopped moving so much. I love my doctor but he is very conservative and even though I know I need more restriction, he has only done a .5cc fill and won't do another one until January. He says this is mainly because due to a pre-surgery fill I already have 3.5 cc's and I have already lost 28 pounds so he thinks my weight is moving quickly enough.:tongue2: I am ready to make it move on...

I would like to ask anyone who needs the support and wants to set a New Year's goal to join me. I didn't want to duplicate what anyone else was doing and I did searches to try to find one here but the only one I found was the November 07 bandsters.

Who is up for a challenge? :lol: I want to lose 12 pounds by 2009! You set your own goal and lets see it we can make it.

So here is my vital info -

Rachelle--------Current 237--------New Year's Goal 225

Great idea! I am up for it.

So here is my vital info -

Gilta--------Current 178--------New Year's Goal 166

I'm in too.... I'l shoot for another 10lbs by 1/1/09.

Current: 11/14/08 - 276

Goal: 1/1/09 - 266

Let's all keep working hard and exercising !!!!

Gary

I'm in! Let's see, there are 7 weeks left. AND it's the holiday season. I'm going to shoot for 10 pounds. That will put me at 56 total lost since surgery and weighing less than 250 for the first time in 15 years!

Current: 11/14/08 - 258.0

Goal: 1/1/09 - 248.0

Good luck and Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm game. I will also shoot for 10 more lbs! That would put me at 202 - so close to onederland!

Start 212- - - - - -202 Goal

I've already pledged to lose 10lbs before my brother's wedding on the 29th of Dec, so I'm in. I've lost .5lbs since I made the pledge 3 days ago! So only 9.5lbs to go!

Starting weight 181lbs ---> 171lbs

Edited by lellow

Yes the dreaded Holiday season...I am also going to be conservative and hope to be 173 by January 1st. 2009. Just 10 lbs and a few oz.

I like having goals. It sure helps with losing.

Add me to the challenge! I just got my second fill and now I think I have restriction again. I want to try and lose 12 pounds by New Years!

I'm in also. I will commit to 12 lbs. It has been slow going also but we can do it.

current 222

goal 210:thumbup:

Rachelle, I'm In! I like a good challenge and having one from my band buddies means SO much more to me!

I'm currently at 276 and want to get down to 260 by the New Year. It sounds a little idealistic, but I got a 3rd fill today and I am really hoping that I get that scale a-movin'. I've been hitting the fast food, and sucking at getting to the gym, so I've got to admit it to everyone to get me back on the wagon.

Lanakila

Lanakila~ Get back on the bandwagon! Make sure you are planning ahead for your food - try not to leave it to chance. I fell into that for a week or two when the kids were really busy with sports and we were having late nights at school. I don't know your situation, but knowing that I had my food at home made the fast food stop for family much easier to avoid for myself. I will admit wanting to kill my dh as he was downing his french fries in the car, I stopped myself, but it did take total restraint! LOL!

I hear you on the exercise front - that is always the hardest part for me. I still need to kick it up a notch. I have been doing the couch to 5k so I am at least getting out to move about 3x a week. I try to get home and change as soon as I walk in the door so I can head right back out to run/walk. It is hard when you are busy taking care of everybody else. I have definitely had to reprioritize and try to put me first!

You can do this - tomorrow is a new day!