Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Just curious, why do people get un fills? I finally have enough in my band to have restriction, I have 9cc in a 14cc band. food gets stuck of i eat too fast or too much bread and sometimes I PB is that why people get unfilled? Thanks, Kim Q.

Because sometimes they get overfilled and can't eat anything, and sometimes can't even keep down liquids.< /p>

Hi everyone, just stopping by to check in. I am doing well, and like ddgalarza said, I have tight days and loose days with the band. Some days I feel like I might need to get a fill and then others I can't eat at all. Weird! My weight loss has definitely slowed down (according to the scale), but people still say that I 'look' like I am losing weight, very strange how the scale works.

My daughter gets married next month and I am throwing her a bridal shower next week. I will be ok around all of the cake because last time I had cake I ate two bites and then PB'ed. I am in a 14/16 now so that RULES! :cursing:

Hey Notorious Novembers!

Had to check in and tell y'all that I DID get my running shoes, and I started a jog/walk program with my DH this morning! :thumbup:

I haven't tried to jog in many years - being too heavy meant that I usually got shin spints and they hurt so much I was unable to walk without discomfort, so running was out of the question. :wink2:

This morning, however, I was FINE! I even ran faster than my DH a couple of times...we are walking 1 block, jogging 1 block for a while, but working on getting up to 3 miles without stopping - goal is to hit that by winter when the weather will chase us inside for the season.

I also wanted to post that after recommitting to the bandster rules and drinking my Water, eliminating the sliders, I've lost 5 pounds and I hit my 50% loss mark! ^_^:thumbup::crying::drool::lol::lol::thumbup::biggrin:

Can ya tell I'm happy about that? :drool:

Onward and downward - next goal is to get to Onderland! I'm going to take some pictures and post them in the Before / After forum since I promised myself I'd do that when I hit 50%...

Keep up the good work, everyone! :thumbup:

The Weekend from Hell!!! Ok so I had that issue with the "EvilChicken" and thought that everything was going to be Aok . But then I go and hurt my bag at the gym and when i tell you that I was in so much pain that i made me very very nauseous! and for me Nausea=Vomiting(PBin). Tylenol was doing nothing and since mortrin is off the Lapband list:cursing:. so it was a vicious cycle all weekend back pain, nausea, vomit (and no I'm not pregnant). So then it gets worse, food came up/out so much taht it irratated/aggrivated my band and my throat so that by Sunday night I wasnt able to get anything down but a proteein shake in the morning and barley Water by the end of the day. So here's the good news, its Monday and I can eat again, The bad news is that my back is still kiling me and it looks like I am going to be out of the gym for at least a WEEK!^_^

Hey All,

My computer crashed, had to replace and then I lost all my login information. Was banded on 11/18 and weight today is 320.00. I have lost a total of 95 pounds and I feel great!!!! Still have 95 pounds to go to that wishful target weight of 225. Had 3 fills but no idea the total number of cc's. The next 20 pounds to get under 300 pounds is a huge deal for me. I've been married for 20 years and for that long plus a little more I've been over 300 pounds. So as you can see getting under my married weight is huge. How are all you doing?

Today, I got on the scale and I've lost 60 pounds since my surgery! YAY

Congratulations:thumbup: on your 60 pounds weight loss since surgery.

I recently hit 40 lbs. total loss.

Like someone mentioned in an earlier post, I hope to hit 100% of my goal. I have never hit my goal...I have gotten close, but never reached my goal.

Keep up the good work!

Hey All,

My computer crashed, had to replace and then I lost all my login information. Was banded on 11/18 and weight today is 320.00. I have lost a total of 95 pounds and I feel great!!!! Still have 95 pounds to go to that wishful target weight of 225. Had 3 fills but no idea the total number of cc's. The next 20 pounds to get under 300 pounds is a huge deal for me. I've been married for 20 years and for that long plus a little more I've been over 300 pounds. So as you can see getting under my married weight is huge. How are all you doing?

Congratulations...keep up the good work!:smile:

DD sorry to hear about your weekend. Remember even if we don't do all aspects of our new program perfectly, we can do what we can. Hopefully you will be back in the gym soon. After a car accident I iced my back about 20 minutes and then put on a sock filled with dry rice heated in the micorwave directly on the spinal column to relax the muscles. That worked better than all the meds the doctors gave me at the time.

Glad you are back ukcatsfan. Keep up the good work.

Ebony Rose enjoy your jogging, maybe some day soon for me too. Or do you stop running after 50? I think I'm still thinking as if I was 311.

What would I do without all of your Notorious November encouragment.

I can't thank you guys enough for getting me to recommit. This morning the scale read 199! I've lost 10 pounds in the last two weeks!!

AWESOME:thumbup: And now you're in ONDERLAND!

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Hi all, I havent been on in a long time and now I guess I am needing some encouragement I was banded 11/18/2008 and have lost 52 lbs. I am at a point right now where I am thinking about have some liquid taken out of my band as it is a lot harder to keep stuff down. I am frustrated by my weight loss as I feel like I should have lost more. I go to curves at least 3 times a week and really watch what I eat. I occasionaly have something I shouldnt but its not an everyday thing like it was before the surgery. I think my biggest problem is learning how to cope with Stress. If anyone has any great stress relievers I would love to hear them

Great Elyse you go girl. I've lost 6 pounds and holding. I know I need to up the exercise. I'm also going to talk to the baratric coodinator since I've been so loaded down with stress, and having to eat out so much. Hospitals are the worse place to find healthy food. My hubby's been in 5 times in the last 6 weeks and my mom 3 times. I also think that TV commerials featuring food should be banded. I want my less stressful life back soon.

ugh so I drug myself to the gym...finally. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, already got muscle shakes. Body fat is down to 31% from 49%......outstanding! My muscle percentage has remained the same, at 130 pounds, so it doesn't look like I'll have to revise my goal weight of 160. I'm flying to Utah the end of August and my goal is to be under 190 for the trip. That gives me a little over a month to lose 10 pounds. Hope everyone is doing well!

Great Elyse you go girl. I've lost 6 pounds and holding. I know I need to up the exercise. I'm also going to talk to the baratric coodinator since I've been so loaded down with stress, and having to eat out so much. Hospitals are the worse place to find healthy food. My hubby's been in 5 times in the last 6 weeks and my mom 3 times. I also think that TV commerials featuring food should be banded. I want my less stressful life back soon.

I feel for you. Now that I'm 'retired' I don't have all the stress from work, but I'm a high anxiety person anyway so I carried stress about EVERYTHING! I think it's good that you talk to someone about ways to deal with it, because I know it can really bog you down....then when the scale doesn't move you get stressed all over again! I'd tell you to just breathe but that crap never worked for me. I'm thinking of you and hope your family is on the mend!

I got banded two days before thanksgiving 2008. I have lost about 40 but with the economy I had to work 7 days and insane hours since. I went to work at 5 am and often didnt get Breakfast until 3 or 4 pm. Not a good eating plan. Now things are getting back to normal. I think I even remember where the gym is! I kept our biz together now its time for me to get my act together.