Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Mornin' Everyone!

Mom2two - Please check with your doctor - and if solids are causing you trouble, stay on liquids until you can talk to them. It may be too soon - try Protein Shakes to help keep your strength up, and sip, sip, sip until you see them. It sounds scary - please take care of yourself.

Kirsty49 - the Bodybugg is a device worn on the arm (they use them on the Biggest Loser) which tracks your activity and gives you and idea of how many calories you are burning. There are other features, I'm sure, but that's what is most mentioned. I just bought one gently used on EBay. 24Hour Fitness has them on it's website if you are looking for more info, and several forum members have them, I think...

Razberry*kisses - you are doing awesomely well! I can't wait until I can say I've duplicated your weight loss. I know I'm losing inches (clothing sizes are dropping) but the pounds are slow to come off. Hopefully now that I've gotten my second fill, I'll be losing faster. If not, I see my doctor again in a month and I want to have good results to report!:tt2:

I am doing pretty good, but a little frustrated by the slow weight loss. I was banded on 11/11 and I have lost 21 pounds. I am very happy with the weight loss but was expecting a little more by now. I have had two fills and have 4.5 cc's in my Realize band. I do have restriction most of the time but I am not exercising as much as I should so that is part of the problem. All in all I feel good and my clothes are get bigger.

How long after an unfill should I wait to eat solids? Before my port revision last week and 1st fill (while asleep) I could eat solids in small amounts and threw up occasionally. I have since had 2 unfills to the point of a complete unfill yesterday afternoon. I attempted to eat solids last night and some noodle Soup today and I threw up everything. Anything that is texture/solid gets stuck and I vomit. I am scared I may have to get it taken out. How long will I need to do liquids? Will I ever be able to eat solids again? What a nightmare.

You should stay on liquids for at least two days and gradually add soft foods like oatmeal and Soups as you can tolerate them. After my fill and partial unfill, it was a full week before I could tolerate food and even then it was tuna salad. You need to take it gradually, but you will be eating again!!

I got a Body Bugg about 3 weeks ago and I love it! It was kind of expensive but to me well worth it. It's a 2 part system that 1) allows you to track your food intake (like many other sites do) but the part I really love is the monitoring it does of how many caloires you are burning up to the minute. It has an arm display that can show you at a glance how many calories you have burned so far that day and that coupled with your caloric intake monitoring helps me make sure that I have a deficit between my calories in and my calories burned. Is it working for me? I'm losing, but I should be right, because I've had the surgery. Its not for everyone and some people thinks its a waste of money, but I'm happy with it and like my cell phone you never find me with out it.

:sneaky:

What is boddybugging?

Kirsty49:cool2:

I got a Body Bugg about 3 weeks ago and I love it! It was kind of expensive but to me well worth it. It's a 2 part system that 1) allows you to track your food intake (like many other sites do) but the part I really love is the monitoring it does of how many caloires you are burning up to the minute. It has an arm display that can show you at a glance how many calories you have burned so far that day and that coupled with your caloric intake monitoring helps me make sure that I have a deficit between my calories in and my calories burned. Is it working for me? I'm losing, but I should be right, because I've had the surgery. Its not for everyone and some people thinks its a waste of money, but I'm happy with it and like my cell phone you never find me with out it.

I love mine too! I'm obssessed with hitting that burned calories mark....in fact, last night, at 11pm, I was still a couple hundred calories away from my burned goal, and I was forced to do jumping jacks and run up and down the stairs to make sure I'd hit it! It amazed me that I burn 500 calories just sleeping for 6 hours, and even more astounding, I burn as much calories cleaning house as I do at the gym, maybe I can give up the gym membership and just have a really really clean house??

Hi everyone, It's great to see everyone is doing well.:). I myself have hit an all time low. I haven't been drinking what I should, I have let my job take over my gym time and I've been away on business and have not been making the greatest food choices. I'm depressed because the scale is not moving at all and my sugar addiction is out of control. :) So I came back to the boards and have been reading many posts and Tomorrow I will be getting my A$$ back on the wagon:cursing:. I get so obsessed with that scale it takes over eveything. I have had so many Non Scale achievments lately i don;t understand why that isn't enough!!! So i'm leaving my pitty party and going to go back to the basics again.

Everyone keep up the good work!!!

Heather,

You and I are in the same boat! I need to re-motivate myself also. My walking hasn't suffered, just the eating part. I find that I can still eat just about anything, except fish or ground taco meat. Both get stuck with the first bite. Burgers, chicken etc,,,all go right down. Even tri tip. Go figure. I've had 2 fills and now have 5.5 cc in a 14 cc band. Going to the docs at the end f the month for another fill. I sure hope it gives some restriction, or at least the sensation of "fullness". Man, I hate dieting. Hang in there and get back on the wagon. I'm rooting for you.

Fillerup

Heather,

You and I are in the same boat! I need to re-motivate myself also. My walking hasn't suffered, just the eating part. I find that I can still eat just about anything, except fish or ground taco meat. Both get stuck with the first bite. Burgers, chicken etc,,,all go right down. Even tri tip. Go figure. I've had 2 fills and now have 5.5 cc in a 14 cc band. Going to the docs at the end f the month for another fill. I sure hope it gives some restriction, or at least the sensation of "fullness". Man, I hate dieting. Hang in there and get back on the wagon. I'm rooting for you.

Fillerup

Fillerup thanks, I go for a fill tomorrow and I'm hoping that will get me to my sweet spot I get full at around 5 -6 oz accordin to my dietician it should be 4 oz. I went to the gym and did 1 hour on there. The calories on the machine said 703 I know they aren't always accurate people say up to 30% well If I take off the 30 that's still 496 calories I burned !!! I'll take it felt good first time I've been able to do 2 3/4 mile without dying...lol.. I'm going to get myself one of those heart rate monitors so i can get a good feel of what i'm burning throughout the day.

OK Novembers, I was were many of you are now. I was at a plateau 2 weeks ago. I hadn't lost any weight in 4 weeks!!! I came to this site, ready some encouragement, went to the doctor - got a fill & some support. I also stepped up the work-out a bit. I am down 4.5 lbs! I will Celebrate any loss at this point. Thank you for your support! You guys are great. I think support is the most important weight loss tool (besides the band of course)!

OK Novembers, I was were many of you are now. I was at a plateau 2 weeks ago. I hadn't lost any weight in 4 weeks!!! I came to this site, ready some encouragement, went to the doctor - got a fill & some support. I also stepped up the work-out a bit. I am down 4.5 lbs! I will Celebrate any loss at this point. Thank you for your support! You guys are great. I think support is the most important weight loss tool (besides the band of course)!

Great Job!! I'm hoping to be were you are next week,;)

I have been doing liquids for the past several days. I tried Soup with veggies in it and kept it down last night and tried a small bites of chicken today with success. I have not thrown up in 3 days and am taking it slow and chewing alot. Here's hoping it's getting better.

I have been doing liquids for the past several days. I tried Soup with veggies in it and kept it down last night and tried a small bites of chicken today with success. I have not thrown up in 3 days and am taking it slow and chewing alot. Here's hoping it's getting better.

:hurray: Slow in easy... Hope all goes well.

I think I'm in need of a little fill too. But eating the wrong foods and my mindset have been off as well these past three weeks. I have lost and gained and lost the same five pounds for about a month now.

I need to step it up and slow down the eating...

I think I'm in need of a little fill too. But eating the wrong foods and my mindset have been off as well these past three weeks. I have lost and gained and lost the same five pounds for about a month now.

I need to step it up and slow down the eating...

We can do it !!!:hurray: I'm going to work on high Protein and 1 Carb a day.. I think my body just loves to keep on those carbs!!! :hurray:

Mornin' Notorious Novembers!

My fill last week was rather uneventful (the actual appointment) but it's been interesting since then! I had a sense of tightness over the weekend, but nothing drastic.

Today, I pb'ed on a slice of fresh pear!! I'm just not cool with that - it was yucky!!! I did have some hot Cereal and that stayed down, and my first snack of the day was 5 or 6 cherry tomatoes. So far, so good - maybe I was just tight 'cause it was morning. I've heard some bandsters say they are tighter in the morning.

I'm really hoping this is my 'sweet spot' cause I've got an event coming up in about 2 weeks and a new outfit that I am thisclose to fitting into!

Exercise has been better lately - I now have a rowing machine at home and am doing that every day except Sunday (my day of rest).

Heather - keep going forward, girlfriend...it's going to work out for you because YOU are working it!

I've had some nice NSV's lately - smaller clothes, even smaller shoes - they are really nice to have and help keep me going. :hurray: