Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hi All , I dont get my first fill until Jan 15, I havent lost a lot of weight at all :wink_smile:

I have been really sick for the past week with the flu with all the coughing my stomach has been cramping , I dont really know if to much coughing will make my band slip.

Also I had stopped feeling my band but I can feel it again and when i pass my hand through my side i can feel the port , is that normal?

Marisol, sorry you've been so sick, takes alot for your band to slip... everyone says weightloss is slow when your healing. Was your band filled when it was installed? Mine was empty and I had 1st fill on the 18th of December looking forward to the 2nd one. I have heard that some people get good weight loss after a fill... who knows though everyone is different. Yes, I can feel my port very easily:unsure: freaks my kids out!!! lol... Good luck in your journey

Also I had stopped feeling my band but I can feel it again and when i pass my hand through my side i can feel the port , is that normal?

I can feel my port and I've heard a LOT of people talk about it, so I wouldn't be worried. That's kind of cool that you can feel your band.

I call my surgeon's office when I have questions come up. They are being paid A LOT of money to take care of me.

I've always read that patients that are very proactive and ask a lot of questions, sometimes even challenge a doctor, are the ones with the highest recovery rates amongst people that have cancer or other serious diseases.

I think the more information and help that we ask (demand) of our doctors, the more likely our success. I'm not shy. I'm not obnoxious about it, but I don't hesitate to call with questions.

This is a life or death situation when you think about it. Obesity is a life threatening condition!

Sorry, totally off topic and onto my soapbox. I think I'm the one that needed to hear all that. :wink_smile: I'm gonna go have a cookie now. (Just kidding!)

Speaking of off topic, how do you guys like my Sailor Moon doll? I love to play with dollmakers, so you may see a lot of them come and go.

My daughter laughed her arse off when she saw this one. (It's supposed to be me.) "That doesn't look like you at all!"

Brat. Total brat. The point is that this is how I look on the inside. This is how I feel. One day, if I work my band, my outsides will match my insides. I suppose that a lot of you feel the same way. :wink_smile:

BTW, the kid is not a total brat. When I came home from surgery, she asked me if they found twinkling stars, rainbows and unicorns in there. That was the most wonderful compliment that anyone has ever given me.:thumbup:

I finally got my first fill today!! I was banded on November 19 and today they put 3cc in my 14cc band. The next 2 days I will be back on total liquids:thumbdown: I am hoping that this fill will reboost my weight loss I have kinda remained at the same weight for 2 weeks now.

Speaking of off topic, how do you guys like my Sailor Moon doll? I love to play with dollmakers, so you may see a lot of them come and go.

My daughter laughed her arse off when she saw this one. (It's supposed to be me.) "That doesn't look like you at all!"

Brat. Total brat. The point is that this is how I look on the inside. This is how I feel. One day, if I work my band, my outsides will match my insides. I suppose that a lot of you feel the same way. :wink_smile:

BTW, the kid is not a total brat. When I came home from surgery, she asked me if they found twinkling stars, rainbows and unicorns in there. That was the most wonderful compliment that anyone has ever given me.:thumbup:

Don't let that child get away with it! :mellow: I think your doll is adorable and if that is a reflection of you then YOU are too!

Hey just found this thread, I think it'll be neat to see and compare to those that had the surgery in or around the same time I have had it.

I am doing really well, of course I wish I had lost more but I didn't gain it over 2 months so I know it'll take longer to get off...

Got my 3rd fill today. I am at 6.7cc in a 10cc band. Scheduled my 4th fill for next monday just in case this one does not do the trick. Came home and did not feel real hungry, so that was good. Ate only a small plate of food for once and actually felt full. I really hope this does the trick. I am getting so depressed reading how great everyone is losing and I am only losing my mind. LOL. :tongue2:

Don't let that child get away with it! :blink: I think your doll is adorable and if that is a reflection of you then YOU are too!

Awwwww, that is so sweet of you! Thanks so much!

:tongue2:

Got my 3rd fill today. I am at 6.7cc in a 10cc band. Scheduled my 4th fill for next monday just in case this one does not do the trick. Came home and did not feel real hungry, so that was good. Ate only a small plate of food for once and actually felt full. I really hope this does the trick. I am getting so depressed reading how great everyone is losing and I am only losing my mind. LOL. :tt1:

Wanna B this is it I can feel it this was the magic fill ...lol !! Soon you will start shredding the lbs.:wub: How many CC's did they put in this time? Does this one fell better than the others?

I have my second fill today and am nervous. I don't want to be too tight, but I definitely can eat too much still and get hungry within 2 hours. I want that 1/4 to 1/2 cup serving ONLY to work for me too! I hope getting filled is the right thing to do. I can eat much less than I used to be able to but still more than I think I ought to be able to. I started working out this week too and that has felt good.

I'm supposed to have my first fill tomorrow, but I'm sick as a dog today. :wub: I can barely talk. I'll wait until the morning to see how I feel, before I consider cancelling. Part of me just wants to go ahead and get it done. I'm pretty sure that I'll have to wait until next Wednesday if I don't do it tomorrow. I feel like I've already waited forever. This is so frustrating.

I'm supposed to have my first fill tomorrow, but I'm sick as a dog today. :wub: I can barely talk. I'll wait until the morning to see how I feel, before I consider cancelling. Part of me just wants to go ahead and get it done. I'm pretty sure that I'll have to wait until next Wednesday if I don't do it tomorrow. I feel like I've already waited forever. This is so frustrating.

Wait till tomorrow and if you really can wait.. wait.. if not.. Girl .. drag your butt there and fill er up and then go home and throw yourself back into bed !!!:tt1:

You don't have to be healthy as a horse to get a fill. Just don't cough and sneeze on the doctor, he might not appreciate it! Good luck!!!

So what's in my fellow November's bands at this point and how are you feeling?

I sometimes wonder if my doc is not being very agressive. I'm sitting at 1.5cc in a 10cc band after 2 fills. I am hungry all the time and am able to eat waaaay too much if I don't watch it. My doc told me the most a fill can be is .5cc and to not worry, he'll have me where I want to be eventually. My weight loss is good I guess, but I don't credit the band for that - rather I am watching very closely what I eat, excercising, and ignoring the hunger as best I can.

So where are you at this point? :wub:

I finally got my first fill today!! I was banded on November 19 and today they put 3cc in my 14cc band. The next 2 days I will be back on total liquids:thumbdown: I am hoping that this fill will reboost my weight loss I have kinda remained at the same weight for 2 weeks now.

I was banded on the same day as you -I had my first fill 12/30 and they put 4cc's in my 14cc band. I don't have much restriction yet - I'm still hungry every 2 hours.