Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gadgetlady, The Watcher, and all in between...

For me, other than message boards, I don't talk politics with anybody. They could be any form or fashion and I wouldn't really know or care.

My boss, I know, is liberal, and I only know this because she came bounding in and singing about how she just voted for Obama. :rolleyes2: She has tried to pull me into conversations about who I will vote for, and I just won't go there.

tad late to the comparisson, shouldn't have cut all my hair SNT, hun???

"SNT"? Sorry, I don't get all the lingo yet.

And I know I'm late, but I'm new. It's just that Vicky scares the bejezus outta me. :rolleyes2:

tad late to the comparison, shouldn't have cut all my hair SNT, hun??? I think your hair is cute! Plus you gave your hair away for a good reason! Mine's long and it's bugging me. I'm thinking about cutting it to my shoulders but can't decide what style I want.

change of avtr time....you're going to change your avatar b/c people think you look like Posh? Ppl have said it before! You don't look like her in the face, thankfully! You can smile w/o looking scary!! HAHA

VB hates food * exercise - i dig both. ha!! Posh needs to eat a hamburger or some fish + chips. Her implants look like grapefruit halves on a skeleton.

i have EVERY political spectrum in my set of family / friends - be boring otherwise; not much can change my mind - but i enjoy my MIL trying.

It cracks me up that you married a Texan but I think it's awesome. I had a crush on a Republican co-worker who turned out to be an ass. Hmm. :rolleyes2:

Gadget - yeah let's not go there. You and I definitely wouldn't be friends in real life! Let's try to agree to disagree and leave it.

Here's a few quotes before I run out the door for dinner. Enjoy!

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments."

-George Washington

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

-George Washington

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

-Thomas Jefferson

"Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."

-Ronald Reagan

tad late to the comparison, shouldn't have cut all my hair SNT, hun??? I think your hair is cute! Plus you gave your hair away for a good reason! Mine's long and it's bugging me. I'm thinking about cutting it to my shoulders but can't decide what style I want.

change of avtr time....you're going to change your avatar b/c people think you look like Posh? Ppl have said it before! You don't look like her in the face, thankfully! You can smile w/o looking scary!! HAHA

VB hates food * exercise - i dig both. ha!! Posh needs to eat a hamburger or some fish + chips. Her implants look like grapefruit halves on a skeleton.

i have EVERY political spectrum in my set of family / friends - be boring otherwise; not much can change my mind - but i enjoy my MIL trying.

It cracks me up that you married a Texan but I think it's awesome. I had a crush on a Republican co-worker who turned out to be an ass. Hmm. :rolleyes2:

Gadget - yeah let's not go there. You and I definitely wouldn't be friends in real life! Let's try to agree to disagree and leave it.

I didn't mean anything by the VB thing... it's the first thing I noticed when I see a 1" by 1" photo. Sorry if it's a bad thing...

I'm SNT = short for Sick N Tired.

Ohhh.. *thunk* totally missed it! :rolleyes2:

I took the motorcycle out today cuz it was so dang pretty out... to clear the mind. Cleared it a bit too much (okay, y'all, don't take the bait!). LOL

Here's a few quotes before I run out the door for dinner. Enjoy!

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments."

-George Washington

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

-George Washington

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

-Thomas Jefferson

"Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."

-Ronald Reagan

Well Gov Palin - thank you for completely changing the topic!

Gadget, seriously - you could kill me but it won't change the need for change in this country. You fear Obama and I fear McCain and Palin (esp). You can post a direct quote from whomever you like but I've voted already so you're beating a dead horse.

Don't worry, I hear she only shoots moose. :rolleyes2:

Ha! I'm scared of her brain; not her gun!!!

LOL, but she can't do much worse than those who are "professional thugs" in Washington. Look where THEY got us.

I gotta SNT, your little pic in your sig line cracks me up every time I see it!

LOL, but she can't do much worse than those who are "professional thugs" in Washington. Look where THEY got us.

I gotta SNT, your little pic in your sig line cracks me up every time I see it!

Of McCain? Don't you wonder wth he was doing? Yet another reason I could never run for President. I am very facially expressive and have bad cases of uhhhhhh, can't think of the word-itis.

Of McCain? Don't you wonder wth he was doing? Yet another reason I could never run for President. I am very facially expressive and have bad cases of uhhhhhh, can't think of the word-itis.

I don't know if I WANT to know what it looks like he's doing! :rolleyes2:

I didn't read through all the posts, only the first and last page, however, I am responding to the original post.

I will do what I always do...I will support our country! Yes, I have been called naive or what have you, but honestly, what does having our the people of our country being divided do for us?

We are a military family and whoever is in that position is our Commander in Chief. What my husband is ordered to do, he must do. My husband does not follow politics, since it is easier for him to follow orders if he doesn't know whether or not he disagrees with who is giving the orders.

I vote for whom I believe is the best choice. Then whoever is elected, is who is elected; there is no changing that for at least 4 years. No amount of arguing, complaining or being miserable is going to change that. How it seemed we all pulled together after 9/11, how it seemed we were again "one nation indivisible..." that's what I wish we could be, without a tragedy to make it happen.

It's always interesting to hear what people say when they think they're off the record and they really aren't. And they accuse conservatives of hateful speech? Watch this (caution: offensive language herein):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym0nyGyhjxw]YouTube - Obama-Supporting Libtalker Wants Joe The Plumber 'Dead'[/ame]

Does anyone honestly think if McCain wins that someone like this will learn to "get along" with the "opposition"?