Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gadgetlady, The Watcher, and all in between...

We all realize we want much the same thing. How we get there and who is driving gets to be an irresolvable point of disagreement.

Many relationships end because people realize the first sentence too late after engaging too much in the second sentence.

That's the way it's supposed to be. Too bad the left has cheated in that area many times as well. Voting numerous times, dead people voting, signing up their dogs... One could only wonder what would REALLY happen if there were real safeguards. Doubt dems would ever win.

I always said that's why Kerry wanted so many recounts -- I would too if I knew my cronies had stuffed the ballot boxes all over the country and I STILL lost. :smile2:

I love it! The voting machine manufacturer promised Bush Ohio in the last election and you claim the Dems are the voting cheaters? Pot + kettle.

Gadget - saying that the President, Congress, and Supreme Court will all be liberal is misstating (not direct quote clearly). The Supreme Court was rather balanced until Bush got to replace two during his eight (horrible) years. Just saying.

Additionally, there were some posts about the different theories on economics. The worst cases of poverty and homelessness were during Ronald Reagan's two terms of "trickle-down" (or supply-side) economics which Mr. McCain also endorses. Reagan cut taxes on the rich from 70% to 28% but alas, the tricklin' never began.

All that being said, I still favor the fair tax!

PS - Explain to me why a middle schooler-teenager came up begging for candy at 10:50pm!?! WTH?

Edited by SickNTired

All that being said, I still favor the fair tax!

PS - Explain to me why a middle schooler-teenager came up begging for candy at 10:50pm!?! WTH?

I personally miss Alan Keyes and his plan for a national sales tax (as I recall, he wanted a 13% sales tax, excluding food and housing in order to assist lower income families...). Much better than an income tax.

BTW... when did Halloween get away from being a kids night. I am tired of people coming to my door who need shaves.:smile2:

We agree, SickNTired -- the fair tax would be the most fair (duh :smile2:) way to go. I wholly support such a thing. Even the use/sales tax Steve is talking about would be acceptable to me.

BTW... when did Halloween get away from being a kids night. I am tired of people coming to my door who need shaves.:smile2:

LOL - right?? Honestly it kind of scared me as I live alone. Then I got worried that they would do something to my house/yard b/c I have no candy. I'm on liquids after having just been banded - I don't want candy in this house!!! :tt1:

We agree, SickNTired -- the fair tax would be the most fair (duh :smile2:) way to go. I wholly support such a thing. Even the use/sales tax Steve is talking about would be acceptable to me.

I haven't done enough research to know if Keyes' 13% tax would bring in enough revenue. I would just like for everyone to pay taxes and not just reap benefits!

For me to be a Dem, I am a businesswoman. I would LOVE to get my hands on the federal budget with a red pen. I would have a blast! You want money for arrow mfrs in Oregon? Um sorry!

Edited by SickNTired

HAHAHA!! You're a woman after my own heart. They make it sound like cutting all that pork is soooo hard. I bet a handful of us could do it over a long weekend and still take in a chick flick. :smile2:

What I'm about to blow a gasket over is the thought that ANY of them will raise ANYbody's taxes while they have so much friggin pork in everything they do. WE must all do without more and more, yet the gravy train just keeps on keepin' on in DC. :tt1:

HAHAHA!! You're a woman after my own heart. They make it sound like cutting all that pork is soooo hard. I bet a handful of us could do it over a long weekend and still take in a chick flick. :smile2:

What I'm about to blow a gasket over is the thought that ANY of them will raise ANYbody's taxes while they have so much friggin pork in everything they do. WE must all do without more and more, yet the gravy train just keeps on keepin' on in DC. :tt1:

I have an undergrad in poli sci (and an MBA). We had to look at the federal budget in some class. If that can't raise your blood pressure and/or make you upchuck, nothing will. And that was many many years ago.

BTW, the chick flick comment was hysterical. Can you imagine some "normal" people sitting in the Senate facility and all of these entitlement people having to come back and ask for funding? Hilarity would ensue. (Of course, you and I might fight about some of the funding!) We could "reach across the aisle" to take money from tons of "people"!

Studying how ketchup flows due to gravity? Uh nope.

Me: Let's take that money and give it to abused women's shelters!

You: Reaching over to take some. Me: THWAP! ha

Building a bridge nowhere? NOPE! :tt1:

Cha-ching - savings against the $7T debt!

My biggest one - golden parachutes for the sh!theads that benefited from the bailout? OH H TO THE NO!!!

<jumping off the crazy, late night soapbox>

Acutally, I'm witcha on all of that. Wouldn't even THWAP your hand on the abused women's shelter. I was in need of one many years ago, and they can use all the help they can get. :tt1:

Sounds like we could do a bang-up job. Hell, I could bring my dog and ask her to pick out stuff that's gotta go, and SHE could do a better job than the whole lot of 'em on the Hill... :smile2:

Acutally, I'm witcha on all of that. Wouldn't even THWAP your hand on the abused women's shelter. I was in need of one many years ago, and they can use all the help they can get. :tt1:

I'm very sorry that you needed one. Sounds like you got away safely, thankfully.

Sounds like we could do a bang-up job. Hell, I could bring my dog and ask her to pick out stuff that's gotta go, and SHE could do a better job than the whole lot of 'em on the Hill... :smile2:

I definitely agree with that too. Politicians definitely need term limits. They're too concerned about getting re-elected than leading the country out of the crappah.

Sounds like we agree on many of the important things there, SNT. :smile2:

And I consider the women's shelter a learning experience. I made it out stronger than I went in, so if that was the result, I can't see it as a negative part of my life, if that makes sense.

Edited by BethFromVA

We agree - eek! ;-)

I do understand what you mean. I think God put things in our path for a reason in order to learn.

PS - I'm watching "Big Medicine" right now.

Gadget - saying that the President, Congress, and Supreme Court will all be liberal is misstating (not direct quote clearly). The Supreme Court was rather balanced until Bush got to replace two during his eight (horrible) years. Just saying.

I disagree. The Supreme Court has been liberal for years, and still is. It's a mostly 5-liberal, 4-conservative court (with some swaying depending on the issue). The justices expected to retire soon are all liberal, so replacing them with liberals will maintain the liberal swing.