Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would happen if Barack Obama were Assasinated?

Do you think there will Be anouther atempt on Barack Obamas Life?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think there will Be anouther atempt on Barack Obamas Life?

I've had a sign in my yard for quite awhile and many of my neighbors have their mccain signs up. Nothing has happened to my house or me due to having an Obama sign up...but I do live in a small town...full of people 50+ mind you.

I've had a sign in my yard for quite awhile and many of my neighbors have their mccain signs up. Nothing has happened to my house or me due to having an Obama sign up...but I do live in a small town...full of people 50+ mind you.

only 50+ people.... i would die of boredom.... but then again i have ADD...

only 50+ people.... i would die of boredom.... but then again i have ADD...

Well...it's not all people 50 and older but that's the majority. There are people in their 30's etc with younger kids and some older families with teens and people my age. But either way I'd say about 50% of the town is people 50 and older. There's an elementary school grades K-6 then a HS grades 7-12. The HS only has 600 and some kids. Back when I graduated in '04 We had prob 65 students in our graduating class. LOL.

An hour and 45 minutes 'til polls close here!

I've never lived in a small town. The city in which I live has 3 million people. I think I be very nervous if I lived in a small town where everyone knew me.

Obama is kicking ass and taking names. he just took OHIOOOOO

Obama wins. Amazing. Truly amazing! America is vindicated in my eyes. They really did it. What a blessed relief!

What an incredibly amazing time to be an American. I've waited all my life for someone to unify Americans for the greater good. We all have to do our part to make it happen.

McCain started the ball rolling with his conciliatory speech tonight. Wow. The whole night has been amazing!!

What do you mean by if you were in a small town you would be worried. Again Fear is of the Devil live your life and keep your mind off the ground. Life is to precious. Most of us that communicate on this website is reaching for a a new happy life but what you are saying makes no sense to me at all whether you live in a small town or a town where there is 3 million people.

Unfortunately, I missed Obama's speech but McCain's speech was, I thought, very graceful.

re: "I think I be very nervous if I lived in a small town where everyone knew me. "

well, one advantage as we age.....if we forget where we were going or what we were doing....someone is bound to have kept track....HAR!!

I for one absolutely could not function in a 3 gigabite population. None of the much-touted pleasures of big city life is at all appealing to me. And I used to live in a metro area of over 1 million.....I can barely stand to drive there on a visit now.

My area is small enough, that a few years ago I dialed the non published number of a friend. Somehow I dialed the wrong number....but it was ok, the party answering knew who I was calling and gave me the right private number anyway....

That said, with no family connections and limited social contacts, I remain obscure enough to at least feel somewhat private.

Hmmm.... I am getting pretty old. I might soon need others to do the remembering for me. Thanks, Jack.

Unfortunately, I missed Obama's speech but McCain's speech was, I thought, very graceful.

I can't believe you missed Obama's speech!!!:biggrin:

But, I must thankyou for your kind assessment of McCain's speech. I too thought it was well spoken.

I also thought Obama's speech was very gracious. With no hint of gloating or negativity towards those who hadn't voted for him. As I told my son who is still sad his "team" didn't win. As of this morning there are no longer teams, the race is over and we are now all on the same team. "Team America". Corny, I know.

Now that it is over I feel I can do much more good by backing him wholeheartedly on the issues in which we agree and waiting patiently for the pendulum of power to eventually swing back on those areas for which we disagree.

And praying fervently everyday that the lunatic whack jobs that are inevitably out there (like those from the Oklahoma City bombings) never succeed with any of their insane and down right despicable plots against Obama.

But, I must thankyou for your kind assessment of McCain's speech. I too thought it was well spoken.

I also thought Obama's speech was very gracious. With no hint of gloating or negativity towards those who hadn't voted for him. As I told my son who is still sad his "team" didn't win. As of this morning there are no longer teams, the race is over and we are now all on the same team. "Team America". Corny, I know.

Now that it is over I feel I can do much more good by backing him wholeheartedly on the issues in which we agree and waiting patiently for the pendulum of power to eventually swing back on those areas for which we disagree.

And praying fervently everyday that the lunatic whack jobs that are inevitably out there (like those from the Oklahoma City bombings) never succeed with any of their insane and down right despicable plots against Obama.

Very nicely put, I agree with you! I am also glad that Obama's victory was sound so there will not be any election issues to deal with. Enough is enough.

I missed both speeches, but caught blurbs on the morning news. Sounds like McCain was gracious and Obama was inspiring.

Time to move on and get past all the negativity. Agree to disagree and get on with normal everyday life! :biggrin:

Yep, I was flipping between the Canadian news shows and they kept promising to put Obama on and then I became impatient and started flipping on various American networks until I landed on a speech giver but this was McCain, not Obama! That was how I missed the Obama speech.

And, by the way, I like your attitude. It is a very healthy, very positive one.