Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 Days~ Join me please!

I'm back!:thumbup:

Had a rough start to the new year - haven't been to the gym since my holiday recess where I went so much...I'm not sure what's going on, but...

I decided to get off my rusty dusty and start walking at lunchtime again - if it's not snowing, I don't care WHAT the temperature is, I'm going! So far, I've gone 3 days this week.

I still do my usual walk with DD and DDog in the morning, but if it's in single digits, we don't walk as far. The dog appreciates not having frozen feet :tongue:

My hubby brought home a rowing machine - he does maintenance on the machines at a gym in our hometown, and they were going to get rid of three of their older models (still in perfect working order - after all, he maintains them!) so we've got a rowing machine in the house now. Will start that next week - I found a great site online where there are workouts for beginners like me and working up to intermediate and advanced.

Keep up the workouts, my sistas! LastOption - you've been doing so well! Congrats to you!!!

Heyyy Ebony!!!! Good job for getting back on track!!!:thumbup::thumbup: I can't wait to get back on my workout routine!!!:thumbup: I was so happy I dropped those 10 pounds before surgery my Dr was too. I am excited as this moves forward!

Hello out there!

I know that I haven't been communicating much lately, and I think that is the reason, I haven't had much lost. I have been working on building my consistancy. It can truly be difficult to stay focused. I often forget the reason I chose the band rather than having gastric. I have to listen to by body more and not my head for signs of hungry. I would like to hear more from you all about what kinds of diet tips I can include into my program. I am open to any ideas.

I've been struggling the last couple of weeks myself. When I received my 2nd fill I was comfortable with the restriction, but now it is gone. I was also doing well working out. On the treadmill every morning, with 1/2 to 1 mile daily. But now my ankle is giving me problems (go figure) I think I need to stretch more, but anyway I can only say to take everyday as a new day and not beat yourself up for whatever mistake you may have made yesterday. I'm not following any specific diet, just trying to be more mindful of my food choices. Keep me posted and I will do the same.

Checking in...

Still have good restriction from my second fill...that part is going pretty good. I still need to make better choices! I am a confirmed carb addict - if it's crunchy (crackers, chips, etc) then I'm there...

I have been doing a bit better, because while my numbers on the scale haven't made a dramatic drop, all my clothes are getting looser and I feel lighter.

The rowing machine and the work out I found are awesome - I started just doing the 20 minutes and now I'm adding music before and after to get the workout up to 30 minutes. I am up to 4000 m on the rowing machine, when I started I was barely getting 1000m.

I feel like a breakthrough is coming - I've just got to stay consistent and keep moving, and I know that weight is going to fall off eventually.

Aloudwhisper - something that I've found has helped me lately is to eat "bulky" veggies and nothing but fresh fruit. I was eating canned fruit cause it's mushy, but that's the very reason it didn't fill me up! I bring in bags of baby carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes with me to work, and munch on those. I also bring in one or two pieces of fruit to help with the sugar cravings. The fresh produce makes me chew more (jaws get tired, I stop eating!) and they also fill me up more quickly.

I'm working with my head hunger too - it's my constant companion and I have succeeded somewhat in dampening the voice, but not eliminating it entirely yet.

sxevan - check your workout shoes - as bountiful beauties, we put more stress on our feet and joints than less-well-endowed individuals, so you may have to splurge and get fitted / analyzed - go to foot locker and have them work with you to find a shoe that gives you maximum support and comfort without a lot of weight in the shoe. Once you find the right ones, then go on Ebay and buy future pairs there. It will save you some money - it's where I get my shoes now that I know which ones to buy. You may also have to replace your shoes more often while you are training and losing - your feet take a real pounding when you are heavy...

I can't tell you how much better my knees feel just since I lost the little that I have - I can only imagine the 'spring' in my step when I reach goal! :confused:

Hello out there!

I know that I haven't been communicating much lately, and I think that is the reason, I haven't had much lost. I have been working on building my consistancy. It can truly be difficult to stay focused. I often forget the reason I chose the band rather than having gastric. I have to listen to by body more and not my head for signs of hungry. I would like to hear more from you all about what kinds of diet tips I can include into my program. I am open to any ideas.

Ohhhh please don't shy away when you are struggling we need to lean on each other ad encourage one another!:laugh::thumbup: My tip would be to write down your goals for say the week or the month. Keep them handy and reflect on them. I bought a great food and execise journal that I carry with me. Keep working out and keep checking in!

I've been struggling the last couple of weeks myself. When I received my 2nd fill I was comfortable with the restriction, but now it is gone. I was also doing well working out. On the treadmill every morning, with 1/2 to 1 mile daily. But now my ankle is giving me problems (go figure) I think I need to stretch more, but anyway I can only say to take everyday as a new day and not beat yourself up for whatever mistake you may have made yesterday. I'm not following any specific diet, just trying to be more mindful of my food choices. Keep me posted and I will do the same.

Sxevan when is your next fill? I think that "sweet spot" is so tricky I am just ready for anything at this moment! In terms of your ankle try and visit a store like fleet feet they have good sneakers and it will make big difference. I wear Brooks and they feel like clouds on me feet its worth it! I am getting back on track with my workouts I am away on travel so I am using this time to get back in a groove! Keep up the good work!

Heyyyy Ebon!!! Glad to *see* you! Glad your second fill is going well and the clothing is getting baggy that a good feeling!! Keep checking in!!

Mornin' Sistas!

I've been loving my rowing machine...the weather is so unpredictable lately, that inside activities have taken first place in my fight for fitness. I'm hanging tough with the 30 minutes now, and covering about 4000m. I can feel the difference in my legs - and they are getting smaller and tighter!

I'm actually looking forward to the day when my thighs don't rub together so much. Or if they do, it's because of big muscles, not fat! :tt1:

Stay strong, ladies - we can and we MUST do this! :thumbup:

Well everyone is soooooo quiet what's going on???!!!:lol:

I hope everyone is well! Eb I am glad you love that rowing machine I know its a great workout!!!

I went back to the gym last week when I was away on travel.

M, W- Treadmill 60 minutes

Sat-Step and Kickboxing 120 mins

Sun- Spin and weight lifting class

Monday-rest/teach

Tuesday[ I finally went back to then gym during the week!!:w00t: I did Step aerobics and the weight lifting class! I feel like I am on a roll!

Hope eeryone else is doing well! Its so hard for us a women of color to take time for ourselves but please try start with just 10 minutes its better than nothing! :thumbup:

Checking in...

LastOption - sounds like you had a great week away! Kudos to you for making YOU a priority and getting those workouts in.

I extended my walk at work yesterday and changed the route so it takes me up a big hill on the campus. It definately changed my calorie burn - I checked my BodyBugg and I burned more calories on that walk than any previous one!

I am feeling stronger and thinner every day - now if my scale would just catch up with how I feel, it would be great! Have an appt with my band doc this afternoon - I'll report in with results. I don't think I need another fill, I just have to work the one I've got!:lol:

I've also noticed how quiet things have been... I'm sure it will pick up as the weather breaks... Well that is my hope.

My work out is stalled a little. I was doing great on my treadmill in the mornings before work, but my ACL started giving me problems. (go figure.) so I stopped for a few, but I'm motivated to get back on and work some more. I think I was running to much so this time I'm going to work at a brisk walk with a good incline.

My 3rd fill is comming up and I'm dreading getting on the scale at the docotrs office. I don't see any weight loss, but atleast I'm maintaining.

Thanx Eb! How do you like the body bug? I had a polar f11 and debated upgrading to the body bug but then I heard there was a monthly fee!

Mornin' LastOption!

I love my bodybugg - there is a fee for the monitoring / upload service. I paid $99 for 6 months initially, and I think renewals are $99 per year. That gives you access to the website, the ability to upload your bugg, and a session with a trainer initially.

You can also purchase more trainer sessions where they will look at your uploads (nutrition and workouts) and give you advice on how to optimize your workouts and your calorie burn.

So far, I'm loving it - having to log all of my food is helping to keep me honest, and getting to log my exercise is exciting because I can see how many calories I'm burning.

I highly recommend it - especially since I got mine on EBay and didn't pay retail for it! :)

Update: My doctor's appt went well yesterday - I'm down a few more pounds (have to update my ticker) and he gave me a small fill since I'm still getting pretty hungry between meals. I'm on liquids today, then mushies on Friday and back to solids on Saturday. I definately feel the difference with the small tweak he gave me - I'm having a Protein Shake and I'm having to sip instead of gulp this morning!

Edited by EbonyRose
Added results of doc appt

Okay people I am back. Thanks for the encouragement. I just went out and purchased a bunch of fresh fruit, so I have to be even more committed to eating right, in order to loose this weight forever. I am starting to see some changes. My face is really getting smaller, and I purchased a size 20 dress for my birthday last weekend, and sistas I was HOT!!!!

I am suppose to be going to Vegas at the end of June. I would like to loose at least 10 to 15 pounds by then. I am working out 3/4 times per week. Mostly 4, but I had an unexpected activity that I didn't plan for. I was worth missing a day at the gym. I will be on it this week though.

Oh! I have a question for you ladies. How do you guys deal with the craving around the time of your cycle. For me, it seems like all diets go out the window when its that time of the month. I am approaching that time, so I am going to need some serious encouragement. :laugh:

Talk to you ladies soon:rolleyes2: