Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 Days~ Join me please!

hi everyone

iam 24 years old and live in virginia

iam thinking of getting a lapband surgery done

my BMI is only 27.7

my BMI was 31 two years ago

i worked out a lot and lost a lot of weight but gained little bit of it back

i have been overweight all my life

i want to know if the doctors will qualify me for lapband

please let me know if u have come across anyone who got it done with BMI of just 27.7 please i need to know this.thank you.

10-15-2008 Check in!!!

Anyone out there get anything in yet??? I didn't go for my walk I am in a blah mood waking up at 3 am and fighting to get back to sleep till after 4 am was not funny and since I have to be up around 5 or 5:30am you know I have my door closed! :mad::thumbup::tt2::) No one has said anything to me all day and vice versa lol well that's not true I got caught going to the bathroom and to heat up lunch.

I went for Snacks at 3pm I was doing so well all day and I broke down and got Cookies, a muffin, small bag of cheeze-its and fat free milk oh and a reeses cup :smile:

But I have therapy tonight until 7:30 my goal is to go to the gym on my way home or do 30 mins of ON Demand anything:crying: I'll check in later with SOMETHING I promise!!!

Hey Ladies!

I like this challenge - my goal is to get in my gym workouts 4 days per week.

I get 30 minutes every day without fail because my family goes to walk the dog every morning. He's a house dog, so to avoid the messes, we have trained him to go outside the house. My DH, DD and I go every morning to walk him - approx a mile from our house to the high school and back.

I also walk at lunchtime at work - my current route is a little over a mile, and I walk that 5 days per week (weather permitting). That's another 30 minutes, and I'm trying to get my time down.

My challenge to myself is to keep up my 4-day a week gym habit - I work upper body and lower body on each day, and rotate the bodyparts so I don't work the same muscles two days in a row. I'm holding steady with my weight (I still eat too much and I'm a diabetic) and I haven't yet been banded.

Nice to see so many of us working on gaining an exercise habit!:wink2:

So far I am going strong! I guess yesterday was not really a planned workout but I went to the bank at lunch time and I took the bus but it was at least a 15 minute walk from the bus stop. That coupled with some other walking downstairs, etc and other things like cleaning up last night I am sure I got me my (yeah I said it) 30 mins. :rolleyes2:

This weekend is my big gym comeback I have NOTHING PLANNED!!!:cool2:

Ok that's a lie I have a dinner birthday thing around 6pm but all day Saturday is mine and same for Sunday so my botty belongs to the gym!!!! :thumbdown::thumbup:

Here is my plan for

Saturday

Step-9:30

Body Vive-10:30 (maybe)

Sunday

Body Pump-9:30

Body Flow-10:30

My pants are so tight it isn't funny!!! :) I refuse to buy bigger clothing again not with a closet full of stuff!!!:smile: I am starting to feel pain in my foot again and I don't like that one bit. I didn't have the best Breakfast but I have a WW meal for lunch and some fruits for Snacks.:thumbup:

How is everyone doing so far???!!

Edited by LastOptionAtty

rode 35 min for 7.02 miles ( 10-16-08):smile:

will try for the same or more on today

Oh wow you are inspiring me maybe I go to the gym tonight? Depends on the traffic I guess that always messes me up I get on the road and my commute takes all my energy:sad: But worst case I have ON DEmand I can get something in tonight and that way no excuses tomorrow!!! :frown:

Oh my sistahs!!!! I am about to take my shower and go to the gym, the bed is so nice and warm I can't even think too hard about it or I'll stay in lol

Ok off to Step :tt1::thumbup::mellow::thumbup::cool2:

Who else is getting at leat 30 mins in on this beautiful Saturday??!!!:tongue_smilie:

:biggrin:Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I made it to the gym :tt1: I did 45 minutes of Step aerobics and then I skipped abs and went on the eliptical for 10 minutes the I stayed for Body Combat:lol::tt2::lol: I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :tt1::tt1::tt1: Body Combat!

So I got in 2 hours of cardio:thumbup::mellow::thumbup:

I am such a black or white, on or off, yes or no person so I am either a gym rat or not so I have to just jump back in feet first and get my stride back. I've been trying to ease back into working out but I see that just doesn't work for me. :cool2: A/w I feel good although I got a good look at myself in the mirror boy I can see the weight I gained back big time :thumbdown:but that's ok onward, upward.

Tomorrow- Body Pump & Body Flow

Thanks so much for joining me you all have inspired me so much!!!:tongue_smilie:

Well I went out last night with some friends for someone's birthday. I had half my meal we went to a Carribean spot and I has jerk chicken and rice and peas and fried plantian.

A/w I was up late b/c some of the folks came back to stay at my house but I made sure I got to bed so I could be up for Body Pump which is t 9:30pm.

I am sooooore Body Pump really works body parts you forget you have lol

I am about to hit the shower and go do the eliptical for a few and the Body Pump.

Oh also I am finally going to use by spa gift certificate that I got for my birthday back in June! I am going today and maybe going to catch a movie.

Edited by LastOptionAtty

[

Oh also I am finally going to use by spa gift certificate that I got for my birthday back in June! I am going today and maybe going to catch a movie.

If you see the secret life of bees, let me know how it was.

I amd definatley going to take this challenge. I'm gonna join LA Fitness since they are running a special now of $0 down.:biggrin:

LastOption - I'm still here with you!

Friday - usual walk in the am with DD and DDog - just about 1 mile. Every day, this is the minimum that I do. Lunchtime at work, I walk another 1 - 1.25 miles depending on the weather.

Saturday - hauled wood with DH for our new fireplace. He got some salvaged wood from work, brought it home in his truck, and we hauled it around the yard and cut it up (gotta love a chop saw). It was heavy - 6 x 6 pieces about 15 feet long, some 4 x 10 pieces 15 feet long. It was all hardwood, so it was HEAVY! All that bending and lifting had my legs a little sore.

Sunday - more wood hauling, plus I got to use the AX! Swinging one of those babies over your head and splitting big chunks of wood is great exercise. I got "Brute Squad" points once I found my groove and started splitting like a pro. Then we hauled wood inside the house (trips up and down the stairs)...I was so tired Sunday night I fell asleep on the couch in DH's arms.:wub:

Walked the dog this morning - faster than normal, because it was so COLD outside! Will walk at lunch, but no gym tonight - DD's job is having an open house for family and parents and we have to attend.

Will check in with more this week...:biggrin:

Count me in, I need to get motivated about exercising. I have not been working out since I was banded on October 1st. I just finished 30 minutes on the stationary bike and I feel great. Looking forward to this exercise challenge.