Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am really wanting to eat something....but I didn't get any "easy Snacks that would tempt me" It is almost like the cabinets are bare here. I know from past experiences that I cannot resist temptation...if no one sees me eat it....it aint cheatin! I think that is my mind's motto. I don't want to be that way...but it is a character flaw I just cannot shake! I hope having the band will motivate me/us to change my/our lives around! I am actually proud of myself really...I have drank crap all day!!! Jello just isn't my favorite thing in the world...but I twirl it around in my mouth a bit. I made sugar free in all different flavors...but it is the texture I can't hardly tolerate. Anyhoo....I am getting more and more excited and nervous! Good luck ya'll!

I know how you feel. I toyed with the idea of grabbing some things the other day at the store that I knew were no-no's but I won the battle with myself and said NO! LOL There is a first time for everything. Well I start the full liquids tomorrow so DH and I went out to eat this evening and I was good. Had my Protein and some veggies. Still working on that not drinking with my meal thing though. I am going to go ahead and get all the stuff for my bag for Wednesday morning laid out on the bed and make a list for any last minute items to pick up tomorrow. I am also doing some last minute cleaning around the house and making sure all the laundry is done up (even though DH is pretty good about doing his laundry).

Lets all just take a deep breathe and relax and think of all the wonderful things we will be able to do once the weight is coming off. Things like buys smaller clothes, cross our legs, tie our shoes with out straining, exercise without feeling like you are gonna die.....LOL and so much more. I am so excited for us all! I am also having to make sure my DH has all the phone numbers for people he has promised to call or text to let them know I am out of surgery and ok.

Just think friends......by this time next year we will all be looking soooo good and wondering why we didn't do this sooner and why we were ever nervous. Continued Good Luck and Prayers coming everyone's way.

:blush::biggrin::w00t:

They just called and moved my surgery to 10:30 am - I guess there was a cancellation. I was supposed to have my surgery at 12 noon. So now I have to be there at 8:30 instead of 10am. I am really nervous.

I am dizzy.......and have a headache. I am grouchy as a bear. The dizziness is really worrying me though honestly. I am procrastinating....I haven't packed or anything that I am supposed to be doing! I don't know why I put crap off till the last minute. This clear liquid diet is supposed to be a "bowel prep" ...but (embarrassing) I haven't "done ANYTHING" as far as the bathroom goes. Everyone told me that the clear-liquid diet would cause diarrhea....I am worried that I won't be "cleaned out" LOL....sigh....I need to get this surgery done and over with!!!

wvgal I am so with you I will probably be running around tonight getting everything togather. I felt like I was going to pass out and wasnt even told to be on Clear Liquids maybe the last 24hrs but they are supposed to call me. it is now 23.5 hrs and no call yet lol

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I want to scream I feel like I am a ball of nerves and my to do list is not done sinc I likely will sleep little shouldnt be a problem.

WVGal I am also dizzy try increasing your salt intake may help (so my dr said)

I don't feel too bad. I wasn't told to only drink "clear" liquids, but just regular liquids... which is anything you can drink through a straw. I was told that I was only restricted to "clear" liquids on the day of surgery (after surgery, of course), but that I could move on to regular liquids for the next couple of days, then move on to mushies for the rest of the first week until my post-op appointment where we will discuss how I feel and whether I ready to add solids. Since I'm not limited to "clear" liquids, I've been "drinking" Soup. I had a fabulous cream of potato soup at the mall today and just strained out all the goodies. The soup was pretty thin but the flavor rocked! It was also a creamy soup so it was loaded with fat and very satisfying. I actually felt good for several hours after that. I know fattening liquids aren't ideal, but I'm going to deal with that transition AFTER the band when it's easier to feel satisfied! I've got 2 young boys to run after and I can't afford to feel dizzy while driving home from preschool. I also found the "drinkable" Soups from Campbells very good and satisfying as well. The calories aren't that high and when you add up all the liquids for the day, you still come in under 1500, which is healthy. I figure that as long as I'm not drinking milkshakes and melted ice cream, I'm doing good. I also drank a Myoplex Protein Drink and a high Protein Ensure (very tasty, better than Myoplex). I bought a bunch of flavored Vitamin waters (like Propel and Gatorade Ice) for after surgery. I also got some miso soup I plan to strain. I have a huge aversion to the texture of Jello, so that's definitely NOT an option for me. I'm just hoping that I won't even feel very hungry the day of surgery, and hopefully not much the next day either. I've got a lot of "mushies" lined up at home too... I plan to puree a bunch of soups, make mashed potatoes and gravy, and make refried Beans with cheese. I know they're not low fat, but again, I know I will eat a LOT less than I used to and will still be able to lose a little weight. As soon as I can move on to solids, I will start cutting back on the fat (and avoid anything fried... goodbye In-N-Out fries!). I plan to take the beginning very slow. I've put myself through a lot of diet suffering in the past, over and over, and I want to enjoy the journey this time... FOR GOOD! Best of luck to all you 29ers! My procedure is at 8:30 am California time.

I am not dizzy and am amazingly calm. I have all my stuff laid out on the bed in the spare bedroom just not in a bag. Gonna wait until after I brush my teeth in the am probably just to go back over everything. Should be leaving the house in about 10 hrs or so. My DH was so good today to not eat in front of me as this is my only day (ppre-op) of clear liquids. Well we are on the verge of getting the tool we need to make our lives more enjoyable and healthier. I will be thinking of you all tonight and tomorrow. Either I or my DH will get online and let everyone know how it went. Good Luck and my prayers are with you all.

I am just now getting things together. It is almost midnight and I have to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. to have surgery at 9:30. I guess I don't have to be too wide awake and energetic anyway! Hope I sleep tonight. I'm nervous a little, but mostly excited. Kinda like when you are on a roller coaster, and it climbs for what seems like forever, and when it gets to the edge you say "Here we go!":w00t: