Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm origionally from Bowling Green but moved to Louisville when I was 21. Now I live 15 minutes outside of Louisville in Mount Washington. It's a teeny little town with a lot of charm...but not much else. My best friend just moved from Memphis. She worked at a Hotel there somewhere but transferred back to Bowling Green. Yes, the in-law situation should be interesting since I don't speak Spanish!!!!!!!

I'd say it's time to learn! :wink2:

Do your in-laws speak any English? Do your kids speak any Spanish? When I've worked in the hospitals (I'm a nurse) kids have been the best interpreters!!!

ENJOY the trip and experience!

~~anne

Hi everyone!!

I'm also scheduled for Oct. 29th. I have all the pre-op testing scheduled tomorrow afternoon. I can't believe that after so much time fighting the insurance co., I'm finally on my way. The process went from moving so slowly to so quickly and I have had a reality check that this is actually going to happen. I'm more nervous as the day approaches. Any comforting words??

Less_traveled You will do fine. It is hard to believe we are all so close to starting our journey to a long healthy life. We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts that morning.

Tammy - That is a good thought. Do your kids speak any spanish? They would be the best interpreters. I am like you and don't speak enough of any other language than English to function in another country. I hear that rosetta stone program is good. You might check on the craigslist.com in your are or freecycle.com to see if anyone has a program they might be willing to part with or check your local public library. They might have some learning audios you can borrow to help learn some basics.

I know, I know...I need to learn!!! I guess I'm just lazy! We've been married 5yrs and I have not learned yet. I have learned enough to pretty much tell what a conversation is about and can speak a little but not enough to get by in Mexico on my own. I have a 4 year old and an 8mo old-both boys. We wanted them to learn Spanish from the start so my husband only speaks to them in Spanish. My 4yr old fully understands him and can speak Spanish but mainly speaks English. Ya'll are right though...he is a good entepreter.

On a different note...being married to a Mexican has been really bad for my weight. I have learned to cook authentic Mexican food and have put on sooo much weight. I used to tease my husband that my next husband was gonna be Chinese-my 2 fav foods..ha ha!!

Road_less_traveled,

We're all shakin in our boots and thank goodness this thread was started so we an all hold hands!! Glad you joined!

We are almost there guys. Anyway, just wanted to see - has anyone else felt an overwhelming sense of sadness in the last few days? I have been so ready for this surgery, but I just feel so down in the dumps - I can't figure out what my problem is :smile:

I am starting to feel a twinge of saddness too Gracie. I keep thinking of all the foods I will be missing...and pop....I could care less about caffeine...but I Love Diet Pepsi...and have already went three days w/o it....but I am mourning and craving it. I am going to miss baking this Christmas season and making candy (of course I can still bake it...but if I can't eat it...I aint going through the trouble!)

Mostly I am starting to panic...I am worried for some reason about me developing a blood clot...i dunno why. I can't die.........LOL......my family would have NO ONE...I am starting to think I am selfish for doing this and taking the chance of something happening to me.... Is this normal to feel this way? I been pushing the thoughts back and keeping busy...but it keeps creeping up. Sigh. I am not going to back out now....but we all better be saying prayers that morning for each other!!!! LOL

Hey Debbie--

I'm on the 22nd...not the 29th...and just started my liquids two days ago. The first day I was VERY hungry and depressed. Day two was better. Today is day 3 and I've lost 6 lbs already! My doctor allows a couple servings a day of raw veggies and fruit so I relish those moments of chewing! :smile:

I'm trying to keep track on fitday.com to be sure I get all my nutrients in and take a Vitamin each day. I'm sure that helps.

Hugs,

Anne

What kind of Vitamins are you taking? Yeah, I've been feeling all poopy too. I just thought I was down in the dumps cause of PMS and it could be. I have mixed feelings of sadness and anger. Sad like I am losing my best friend and angry because why can't I be normal. Why can't I eat normal? Why am I the one that has to go thru such drastic measures to get back to life...or even to ensure I live a long life. UGH, such an emotional time. Plus I didn't lose any weight this week. I think my mind is talking my body into rebelling!

hi guys :smile:

My surgery is the 21st and my mom is the 22nd! We decided to do it together. I know I'm a little earlier then most of you, but you can hear it first from me!

I have been on liquids for almost two weeks and its hard, but I like it because it prooves that when I get the band I won't freak out. My buddy had it done two years ago and told me to eat whatever I want cause I won't be able to again!

I just finished my pre-op stuff with the hospital yesterday, and I'm so excited. I can't wait any longer!

I know one of the reasons I am doing this is so I WILL be around for my daughter and my husband. I know if I don't do something to help me get this weight off and keep it off, I will probably die from problems related to my co-morbidities. I too am getting a little weepy but, I know that we will all be better off and healthier 6 months out than we are right now. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers on your/our surgery date(s). I feel that once we all get through what they call "bandster hell" we will be fine. I can't wait to wake up on the 29th and get to the hospital.

Hey everyone i'm also the 29th and have started the liquid diet. I go in on the 24th for per-op just hope the time goes bye real fast. Has anyone experience the head aches from not eating nothing solid? If so what are you doing for it tylenol is not working?

Edited by debbie brooks

I havent got an exact date yet but my surgeon said in about two weeks and that was on 10/16 so I should be right around that time. I am on day two of my liver shrinking diet and I am hungry!:tongue_smilie: I am in San Antonio Texas