Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YAY BRIDGETTE!!! I can't wait to find out our times and talk to you guys on the other side of surgery! This is great! Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Has anyone figured up what stage we will be eating at on Thanksgiving? Will it still be mushies? I have no clue....if so... what are your ideas of how to deal with this and what to eat!

Yea Bridgette! Glad to have you join our little group.

Everyone - Here is what I have from my nutritionist.

Hopefully these are readable on here. If not email me and I will resend them.

Hi! This is who I have on the 29th: knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1; wvgal33

I'm keeping a running list on October Odyssey under the subforum of 2008 then October and also October Bandsters under this forum.

Good luck!

~~anne

Wow. Our little subgroup multiplied. The more the merrier getting healthy and all.

Getting ready to go do pre-op testing this am so I will let ya all know what they did to me when I get back.

OK so they didn't hurt me (too bad) . Just teasing. Just did the normal gallon (8 vials) of blood, a chest x-ray, and EKG. I must admit, the first nurse who took my history and my blood was psycho/OCD. She had to go through my papers several times and get them laid out just so before she would even start asking me any questions. Then she triple checked and cross checked those about 50 times (REALLY). Then when she went to get out all the different types of vials for all the different tests she actually picked each vial up about 4 times and rearranged them bout 10 times before she started to draw my blood. Then she re-checked each vial at least 3 times after she put the stickers with my name and info on it and read my name each time when she picked it up. Realize we are in a seperate room and nobody else has even peeked in so there is NO WAY she is gonna get mine mixed up with someone elses blood. LOL. She even tripled bagged the two vials that needed to be on ice. Of course that took forever for all of that to happen. Then off for a quick walk all the way on the other side of the hospital for my chest x-ray then back up front for my EKG. Just to make me feel better the young man doing that apologized for it taking so long and said there was no way I was 40. Yeah that worked.....all was forgiven. LOL Oh yeah forgot to tell you OCD nurse also had told me about 5 times where I would need to go when I come in for surgery (to elevators and up to 3rd floor and to Outpatients sign) and she still had to show me (same elevators I passed to come in for all this testing) and she had also written it on one of the "outpatient surgery and you" pamphlets she handed me too. I mean I totally understand about making sure things are accurate and the right patient but geesh! Glad she isn't doing my surgery, I'd be in there 2 days probably. LOL. Well back is feeling a little tender now from Monday so I am going to bed early. Oh yeah.....great news is I had already lost 8 lbs since kinda sticking to liver shrink diet the last couple of weeks. Can't wait to see how I will do sticking to it really good til the day before surgery. Whoohooo!!

Hope you all are having a good time leading up to the beginning of the rest of our lives.

I am on the 29th. It has been a whirlwind - I have had all my pre op testing - I don't have any problems at all - so I just need to show up at the hospital! My surgery is scheduled for noon. I am a bit nervous - I have an 18 month old, and aside for doing this for myself, I am also doing this to be there for him and to set a positive example with respect to weight and food. And to keep up with him! So I really hope all goes well.

I just got a call from my surgeon's office and I am scheduled for a gallbladder ultrasound Monday. Did ya'll have to do this?

Hey Ya'll! My name is Tammy and I am gonna be banded on the 30th. I would love to be in your little support group. There was one person on the 30th with me but unfortunately she had to cancel her surgery so I am all alone. Boo Hoo!!! I have been on a pre-op diet for about 4 weeks now. Nothing overly drastic...just a shake for Breakfast and lean cuisine for lunch and for dinner. I have cheated a couple times but have lost 18 lbs so far. Supposed to lose 23 by surgery but I have been stuck for a week.

Hi Tammy! Welcome aboard! I will be laying in my recliner on the 30th wishing you a sucessful surgery and a speedy recovery! I see you live in KY...beautiful state! Way to go on that preop diet - I wish I could say I have lost some pounds...but my doctor only requires a 2 day clear-liquid diet before surgery...and so I am probably gaining as we speak :D

Welcome kygirl31. I like wvgal will be in my recliner between walks around the house thinking good thoughts for you and your surgery.

I didn't have to have anything done to my gallbladder because I don't have it any more. I am getting so excited. Thank god vegetables are unlimited (the good kind anyways) on my pre-op diet or otherwise I would have to maim my DH. LOL It is getting better. I am just one of those people that eat for any dang reason so I am trying to keep busy and doing things to keep my mind off food.

I am getting soooo excited for all of us. :laugh::w00t::laugh::wink2:

wvgal33--my gallbladder is already out but they DID look for it when they did my barium swallow. I think they want to know what is where for when they do the surgery.

~~anne

Yes, Kentucky is beautiful and for the most part I love it here. Thanks for warm welcome. Cindy-I loved the story about your OCD lady. That was too funny and it sounds like you were waaaaayyy more patient than most people woulda been. I am being banded in Mexico. My husband is from Mexico-close to Puerto Vallarta. We are leaving on the 24th to go see his parents and staying till the 29th then flying to Tijuana for my sx, then home on the 1st. I am VERY excited about the vacation part of the trip but am nervous about meeting my in-laws for the first time and having the surgery. I like to read where people say that it is just your mind playing tricks on you. I literally feel like if I wasn't so fat and could actually get my foot near my face I would be biting my toenails off cause I have no more fingernails to nervously chew!

Wow. Would love to be going somewhere vacation like for surgery but DO NOT envy you the in-law part whether you had already met them or not. LOL. But we will be thinking of you. What part of KY are you in? And I totally understand about the "would chew on my toe nails" lol I think I am about to poop a carrot if I don't slow down on eating them. And the sucky part is it's because I am bored so I am trying to do things online to keep me from munching at all. LOL

And regarding OCD nurse.....I am just thankful she is doing pre-op not participating in the actual surgery or I might be there all dang day. I figure I will end up having a nightmare about seeing her face just as I go under anesthesia. One of my good friends asked if I was feeling ok cause she figured I would have slapped her half way through all the anal recounting stuff. LMAO I never hurt people who are fixin to stick a needle in me.