Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck to you. I'm on day four of liquids and doing good today. I live in denison,tx its about 70 miles north of dallas. Please keep in touch on how you are doing.

Hey you all! I had a NSV (Non scale Victory) (sorta) last night. I have been on my liver shrink diet since the 14th and a good friend of mine who hasn't seen me all week asked how much weight I have lost already. She guessed 10-15lbs! And it was only about 5-8lbs. She had gastric bypass surgery about 3 yrs ago and is doing great but she noticed and said I look a lot less "bloated". YEA!!! Can't wait to really shock some people that haven't seen me in a long while. Well everyone have a great day and remember We Will Get Through This and It Will Be SOOO Worth It.

I FEEL less "bloated"...and I'm sure my t-shirts and pants are fitting a tad looser so my stomach must be smaller. I've lost about 6 lbs since Oct. 15th. It's so encouraging!

~~anne

Hi! I am also scheduled for my surgery on the 29th. I am sure you are on your liquid diet as I am and I am hating it. I realiize it is important to shrink my liver for a safe surgery, but I seem to always be hungry. Are you? I am anxious and excited. I live in Charlotte, NC. My surgery is scheduled for noon that day. I hope I get to come home the same day. Tell me about yourself. -Mona:smile2:

mvane - I am on a liver shrink diet (not total liquids) I have posted it and what I was given regarding post op diet/ timing of food stages on my blog thingy. I will be thinking of you on the 29th and am sure we will all be posting our success stories before you know it. Good luck.

Hello ladies!-oh and men if we have any. Yesterday sucked! I have to email my weight to my nutritionist every Friday and I had not lost any weight-but I did cheat a few times so I kinda knew. Anyway, I have still kept off 18 lbs and just for the heck of it decided to try on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in 2 yrs. They fit-very snug, but they fit! Yea NSV!!! Heaven forbid I gotta fart cause it sure won't have anywhere to go but dang it..I got them on!!! LOL!!!

We went out and got a few things for our trip today. I can't believe we're leaving this coming Friday. I think with the trip and meeting my husbands family for the first time that it will really keep my mind off being so nervous about the surgery. I dread the plane ride-I KNOW I will have to have a seatbelt extender. CRY!!

Hi! I have my surgery on the 29th at noon. I am so excited and just pray that it is a success. I am tired of being too fat to cross my legs! Do you know where I can view the two week liquid diet? I am on it, but just winging it. -Mona

Hey Guys! I have 1 and 1/2 days left! I must say the liquid diet thing (I'm winging it too... diet shakes, Jello, non-chunky Soup, yogurt etc) has helped with my confidience.... I've lost 6 pounds... and in a way it makes me feel that I won't die with out "real" food.

I listened to my friend and decied to grab a bit of my favorite foods (ok A LOT) and "pig out" before surgery, since I will never be able to again.

You know what guys, I felt AWFUL!!!! Not just emotionally, guilty that I cheated. But I was nauseous, my stomach felt unsettled and heavy. It was probably the best idea ever cause now I KNOW I can do this!

I hope this help ya'll fighting that liquid diet! :biggrin:

Ambo

Hey how can I get those weight/bmi counter dower things on my posts?

Ugh - I have not cheated with any carbs or greasy food - but I have snuck in an extra Protein Bar, cheese - so I may be getting a few too many calories but nothing that would make my liver fatty...I just feel weak. I am down to two diet cokes a day now, which I am proud of (I was drinking 12+ a day) and hope to be off them completely by thursday, which is 6 days before surgery. I think I am going to drink only half of my Protein Shake, wait a few hours, drink the other half, etc. That way I am spreading it out and might not get so hungry

Yea Us! One week from tomorrow, most of us will be up and walking the hallways waiting for our surgeon's to release us to go home asap. Others will be the very next day. I am soooo excited. I am doing well on my pre-op diet but last night I was about to punch my DH. The day before he asked me to grab him some fast food while I was out getting a few more things for my diet which wasn't too bad as Big Mac's are not a favorite of mine but, last night he went to Steak and shake and it smelled so damn good and I had just seen a commercial for their hand mixed shakes. Ahhhhh was pretty much torture.....on top of he was just getting on my nerves being lazy and stuff. LOL Like that should surprise me much.

Ok back to being one week from tomorrow. We are all gonna be so much healthier before you know it. I am even looking forward to the holidays this year. Good luck all.

I just got told today I will be in surgery at noon on the 29th so thought I would say HI

My 2 week diet is being cut to 1 with such a close surgery date

Hey ya'll!

I had my surgery at 9am yesterday, the 21st, my mom goes in for hers in a few hours. The nurses told me I was the poster child for the lap band cause I was doing so well.

I had ALOT of nausea after waking up from anesthesia and since they don't want you to throw up so as not to have the band slip, the nurses started pushing all these anti-nausea meds into me. It took phenergan, and zofran to get me settled down.

I have 5 incisions across my belly just under my bra line. Bleeding a little but not too bad.

My room upstairs wasn't ready so they took me from post op back to pre op so my family could sit with me.

I never was in alot of pain, the only thing that bothered me was my mouth was SO dry! My tongue had no moisture it was driving me crazy!

I never made it up to my room! I got up and peed, then they discharged me @ 3pm! Sent me home with anti-nausea and pain perscription

At home I drank some shakes last night and some popsicles cause my mouth was still so dry.

It hurts a little to get up out of bed, from lying down to sitting up. You don't reailze how much you use your stomach muscles to get out of bed!

I hope this helps all you guys!

Good luck!:)

I go back to bed now!

Heather

Edited by ambogrl