Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whoohooo! Congrats on the NSV (Non scale Victory)! I have had people tell me they could see a difference already also. It feels good. Well off to go walk before it starts to rain. Hope everyone is doing good today.

OMG - usually LBT emails me to tell me there are new msg's on threads I have posted...no emails for a while! I just now got caught up with reading all the new posts! Anyway, I have been really busy with starting back to work...I work per production and, therefore, if I ain't typing I aint makin no money LOL...so I have been trying to make some money lately LOL.

Anyway, my surgery and recovery have sucked!!! Briefly, at the hospital they kept calling me Angela....which is not my name! I just corrected them a couple of times....and then....they started explaining the risks and benefits of the surgery ...which they thought was a tubal ligation!!!!!!!!!!!!! They had the wrong friggin chart!!!! I have been wanting another baby for years (10 at least) and this would have killed me! Anyway, they laughed about the mistake and state that they would have caught it before it was done anyway by looking at my armband....I looked at my armband and it friggin said ANGELA............then they had pure panic on their face and ran off to see if poor ANGELA went in for surgery yet...never did hear what happened to her.

Second of all...I had a BITCH of a nurse....JULIAN IF YOU EVER READ THIS YOU ARE A BITCH LOL! She was mean to me...I cried and cried and cried all night long. My doc said I could go home any time I wanted to and well...that didn't happen...I felt lied to. I had to friggin stay till 4:00 the next day!! I hit my button to go to the bathroom and Julian came in and said what do ya need? I said I needed unplugged from the wall and my boots off to go to the bathroom (the IV was plugged into the wall far away and the boots to prevent DVT was plugged into the bed) and she said....well ugh you can do that urself...are you going to page me every time you gotta go to the b-room? I said well....I can't do a sit up to get my boots unplugged from the bed....she said "aah...well we will just keep them off of ya so that you don't have to have help going to the B-room all night." I was like noooooooooo I have a family history of DVT in my family and I don't want them off all night. Anyway....me and this woman fought all night. She eventually told me that I was the first bariatric surgery patient she had had!!!

Furthermore, come to find out...I must have sleep apnea because every time I would fall asleep, alarms would go off waking me up! And sometimes my heart would even stop....the one time that my so-called nurse got me up to walk (yeah...only one time throughout the night and was supposed to every four hours) I asked her about it...and she just told me when my heart stopped on the monitor...to just cough. Ok...so I am freaking out that I am gonna die in this room where no one will find me because my nurse is eating all night at the nursing station flirting with the respiratory therapist guy! I paged her one last time to ask her for pain med's...and she gave them to me allright...enough that I wouldn't bother her until the end of her shift. I think she was trying to put me out...but with that monitor going off every time I even drifted to sleep and me thinking I was going to die...I just laid there higher than a kite...praying that morning would come and cried for the rest of my time there. When they discharged me...never saw my doctor or dietician...an intern discharged me....my prescription said ANGELA on it!!!!!!!

Anyway..that sums up the hospital stay....I will never be admitted to a hospital again unless I have someone to stay with me!

I have lost 10 pounds exactly since surgery and I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with my surgeon. I also had skin tags taken off under my arm and they are still painful...stitches in the armpit is not good!

I am asking around on how to start an email group so that it will make it easier for us to communicate if anyone wishes to join. I visit this site almost daily but I think email would be easier for me anyway! I will work on it this weekend hopefully.

Constipation: What the heck is that?? I am crapping through screen doors!

I am glad to see there are some walking...I have thought about it...but haven't started really exercising yet. I did go to a support group meeting that demonstrated Wii Fit...it really looked fun! and did you know that for 15 minutes of boxing...you can burn approximately 125 calories??? and it looked sooooooooo fun!

I am eating 1 Protein shake a day which has 29 grams of Protein w/ skin milk. 1 Protein (i call them bullets but don't know their real name right off) which has 42 grams of protein. and a little more than 1/2 cup of cream Soup a day. I am JUST NOW starting to feel like I need more. Oh and I have also been adding licking a spoonful of Pnut butter for 7 grams of protein. I can't wait till mushies!! I want an egg! My problem is that I run to town almost every day after my daughter and we pass all the places I love to eat..and I am hungry and feel like the world is not right cuz I can't stop there!

Ok, back to work I go. Congrats on everyones success! I need a ticker but haven't had time to figure out the process of getting one. Please excuse grammer and/or spelling mistakes...I am in a hurry!

Take care everyone!

Wow, WVgal, you had a nightmare of an experience! I'm so sorry!!

Today I cooked for my hubby. I made a chicken casserole with the stuffing and soup... I Love that meal, but I knew I could make it and enjoy the broth from boiling the chicken (I add onion, celery, and spices when I boil the chicken)... so now it's in the oven and I have to say it's the best looking one I've ever made!! (of course!) But I wanted to do this for him b/c he's been going out to eat everynight so not to eat in front of me and he's been so helpful throughout this process... so it's my little gift to him. Boy it smells good! Maybe when I'm on mushies, I'll fix me a little stuffing with some broth... YUM.

Oh "Angela" - thank you for the laugh! I am so sorry to hear about your hospital experience, but hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here onwards. My biggest issues have been: pain in left shoulder (no consensus on cause or cure it seems), Constipation (took milk of mag today, I pray for relief!), and not killing my BF for eating pizza in front of me (to be fair, he's been really good and only broke down on my day 8). Although I get full much faster than I ever did before, I'm tired of being full on broth and yogurt drinks! Will shop this weekend to get more variety which hopefully will help. Love the idea of yahoo group and will join, thanks for setting it up WVGal!

wvgal - after hearing all those details, I think I would contract a lawyer. I would definately not be paying anything out of pocket for surgery at that hospital and would also notify my insurance of all the problems (especially if they are contracted providers). I am glad you got the right surgery and I definately wanna sign up for the yahoo group which I will do right after this posting.

Keep up the good work all.

My doctor doesn't know half of what went on because I have not seen him since surgery. I will see him tomorrow and tell him how traumatizing it was...we will see where it goes.

One more thing that happened...the anesthesiologist was asking me "after I had some versed" who I was voting for in the presidential election...and I told him..."I dunno" to try to get out of a political conversation. He says...of course you know....everybody knows..."he was laughing at the time...and I said "I dunno" "I hate talking politics with people" Then, I am being wheeled into the OR and he says ok your going to drift off to sleep now...and he leaned over and said if you are thinking about voting for Oboma ....u better think twice - you would have to wait 2 years to have this surgery u are having! That is the last thing I remember...but he was kinda rude since I wouldn't tell him who I was voting for! I was scared as hell by the time all this went down!

Anyhoo....as far as the yahoo mailing group goes..I have belonged to one before...but never set up one. I have no clue as to what I am doing...I am just hoping it works LOL. Did anyone have trouble signing up?

WVgal, that's scary stuff with that anesthesiologist!!

I own a Yahoo group, it's not hard. I'd suggest that you have it set to "members only" for privacy and have folks actually have to be approved to join rather than automatic approval so the group doesn't get spammed. Yahoo groups that aren't closed are really suseptible for spamming. But other than that, it's really simple. :thumbup: Thanks again!

Oh I would definately be turning these people in and contacting a lawyer. I am sooo sorry you had such a horrifying time at the hospital. I wish I would have been there with you cause I would have went off! After having to deal with problems with our medical insurance and it taking over a year and a half to deal with an auto accident, auto insurance, etc. I don't take shit or a bunch of "excuses" from any of those type of people any more. If they don't respond to my complaint immediately, I go directly over their heads. They really hate to be called down by people "over their heads" or people that can control them. LOL In fact I have the top man over the benefits department for the county government here as a contact on my email and I don't think he likes to hear from me but things get done when I end up having to get a hold of him. I always have names and times of who I talked to and what their responses to my requests were. I think a couple of gals have gotten their asses chewed because they were just too lazy to help. Well I hope you get some resolution to all the crap they put you through. Sheesh. I would have probably gotten arrested.

Hope everyone is feeling great and on the move.

You need to send a detailed letter to the hospital administrator. Any one of those things would have meant the termination of employees at the hospital I worked at for 14 years. Ridiculous.

Glad you came out of it okay!

~~anne

Wvagirl, Wow, what an experience. Are you sure you have the band in you after all that??? I think I would have a few choice words for the surgeon when I saw him... I'm going to try to join the yahoo group. I have never been on one so wish me luck. Maggies:shades_smile:

OK it's another "Here we go" moment. I am getting my first fill on Monday (11/24). I am very anxious for this band to start doing what it's supposed to! Dr says he routinely does the first fill at 4 weeks. But as you know I was banded on Oct 29, so that means 4 weeks falls on the day before Thanksgiving. He said I should have a couple of days of liquids after my fill, and he didn't want to do that to me to make me be on liquids come Thanksgiving day. He was going to wait until the Monday AFTER Thsgvg, but I asked if he would consider doing it before. I know that if I could eat normal I would end up with another 5 lbs to lose. I am SOOO ready to get this show on the road. Up until now I've lost 26 lbs, but it has been because of liquids and mushies, etc.

I have been so pleased with how this has gone so far. I had less pain than I expected, and was back to work quickly. I have been going to exercise 3 times a week. The hospital is giving me two months at their cardio rehab gym, and even though I have a membership at the YMCA I am taking advantage of their program so that I can get in a routine.

Are any of you getting a fill soon? I want to see us all get going and let this band get us through the holidays!

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving to All! :smile2: