Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Haven't been hear for a while... hard to believe it's already been 6 months!!! I was banded on Dec. 2 2008. Best decision I've every made. Started at 257, had first fill 2/10/09 and went for 2nd fill 6weeks later and they wouldn't give it to me... said I was loosing too much weight and they didn't want me to eat "soft" foods... I'm down 60 lbs today (well, almost) 197.8 this morning. Great hearing from the "Holiday Hotties"... enjoy the summer (bathing suit looks better):wink:

Hi Everyone!

My surgery date was Dec 8th and I lost post-op: 51lbs (gained 4 pounds back hehe) and lost pre-op: 29lbs (south beach)! My Total weight loss is 80lbs!

I have'nt had to have a fill yet, although i've had to have 2 slight defills due to being too tight! My surgeon likes to add Fluid to the band at surgery. I started off with 1.5 and now I have .6 left. It's amazing to me that such little Fluid is enough to give me pretty good restriction! I still have problems with chicken and Pasta but everything else seems to go down fine.

Luv my band!!!!:wink2:

Congratulations to you!... It still amazes me how different all Dr.'s treat this surgery... we weren't allowed a fill for 8 weeks then the 2nd was scheduled for 6 weeks after that. December seems like a lifetime ago. Not even a bad memory about the recovery!!! Can't say it enough, this is the best thing I've done for myself... My family followed... Feb. Hubby had VBG & two weeks ago my 19yr old daughter had VBG... several friends have had either lap band or VBG also! Keep up the good work.

Hi Sue! Yes, this has been a quiet thread for a while. Guess we are all busy just on daily lives...

I am doing well - losing slowly, but that's okay. I have had a pattern for years - losing and gaining the same pound or two over and over for a couple of weeks - then dropping 3 pounds in a week - then back to gaining and losing again! It is frustrating, but the end result is about 43 pounds at this point, so I can't (and won't) complain! In diets past I have given up after a couple of months of that frustration. I sure won't give up this time - my band won't let me! Yay for BAND! I am tracking my food intake in a journal - tried some of the online trackers, but I find it's easier for me if I just keep it all in a little notebook. I know if I am tracking and aware of my calories/exercise, I can get through the weeks of losing/gaining and not worry about it. It has to drop eventually and always does.

It's good to hear you are doing well - 84# is absolutely wonderful. You must be feeling so great! Fun summer, huh? New clothes in styles you could not dream of last summer! I'm already feeling good about that - and trying to resist spending too much on stuff I won't be able to wear much longer. and enjoying more activities than I have in years - that feels great.

Keep it up, girlfriend!

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing so well!

I had my surgery on 12/12/08. I have lost 83lbs since surgery and 122lbs total. I have had 3 fills I don't remember how many cc's I have in my band but I know I'm not quite at my sweet spot.

I've gone from a size 28 to a size 14/16 and I still can't believe it!

JoanMarie, 43 #! is great!!. Remember with the band, most weight loss is over the 1st 3 years.

Afraid I'm still shopping from my closet but the pickings are getting smaller. I always seem to be between 2 sizes. Oh well, at least they are smaller sizes:rolleyes2:

Same for me... I always have to shorten pants, and afraid by the time I get them shortened they are already too big... Glad to have capri's this time of year as I don't have to shorten them.

I'm really happy with my loss - I have always been a slow loser, but it's headed in the right direction and I feel so much better than last year at this time. I found WiiFit at costco on Friday and have been having lots of fun with it. My knees have not complained so far.

How do i set mine up 2 have a ticker

Yeah! for everybody. Joanne it looks like I'm the slowest loser but I'm not complaining.:smile2:

Vickie - here's how I look at it: We are all going to end up at the same place! Follow the rules, i.e. eat right, hydrate, exercise, be active in your daily life, have fun. Folks who start out heavier usually lose faster in the first months and slow down a bit as they go along, and we all end up with a healthy BMI, a stronger heart, improved pain symptoms, less diabetes (sometimes GONE), feel much better - and the bonus is WE LOOK GOOD! The best part is we have a tool that will continue to help us maintain our new weight as long as we continue to follow those rules. I don't know about you, but I think it is going to be much easier to continue with the rules when I feel so much better and exercise is not the issue it was when I weighed 250 pounds and could hardly walk because of pain in my knees, ankles, and feet. I think about maintenance a lot - and I think we need to be aware of that. We can still eat around this band and we can still fall back into the old exercise habit of walking to the couch and sitting down. Having had to wait so long for the band taught me one thing - prepare for the next step. It all has to become just simply your new way of life.

You are doing great!

Vickie, Hang in there, we will lose as muchin 3 years as if we did the bypass. It's sticking to the plan that's hard. i may have lost more but have more to lose.

Yes-- you people are so right! I am ecstatic over my 28 pound weight loss. I know I haven’t done as well as most of you, but I am so happy.

Yeah! for everybody. Joanne it looks like I'm the slowest loser but I'm not complaining.:wink:

Oh Vickie, don't worry, I'm pretty close to you too. We can have a snail race :)

I really only got good restriction a couple of weeks ago at 7.25 in a 14 band. I've dropped 7 pounds since then, hoping things will finally pick up now. As others have said, we'll get there eventually! :blink:

Hi all,

I've been kinda MIA for the last couple of months. I was spending all my time getting my garden ready and planted, my hubby came home on his 2 week R&R leave, we had a wreck on the way to the airport to pick up my hubby and the cars were totaled but thank God no one was hurt so we had to get a new car, son graduated from high school and we had some out of town company, oh and daughter got engaged last Sunday...whew.

I've done pretty well with my diet but not paying too much attention. I've only lost 4 pounds in the last 2 months but that's 4 more gone and I'm getting so close to onderland, I can't wait. I am wearing a 16/18. When I go to the store, I still head for the plus size section and then have to stop myself ~ and smile ~ cuz I don't have to go there anymore.

Since I changed jobs in March, I'm struggling with getting my eating pattern down. I work late and try not to eat but sometimes I just need a little snack to keep me going.

I haven't had a fill in quite sometime, the last one I had to get removed. I go back and forth on whether or not to go try a tiny one. I might make an appointment and talk to my surgeon about it. There are times when I can't eat much but other times I feel like I'm eating too much. I rarely PB anymore, usually when I try and get that "one more bite". You'd think I'd have learned by now.

Hope all is well with everyone as well. :thumbdown: