Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Hi everyone, the second fill taught me a lesson. They shouldn't add more than a .25 per fill. Possibly I have more fat inside that keeps me from being able to take 1 cc like most people are able to take.

I am happy with the fact that he took the whole CC out and then put back 1.25 back in. It's working now and since Feb. 25 I've lost 7 pounds so that's a pound per day and I expect to level out soon, It would be heathier to lose 2 pounds a week, I think? Anyway, It's good to hear Joann is doing great and I hope the rest of the December Hotties continue to post their ups and downs. It's good to know we're in the same boat.

Hi everyone! Well, I had my 2nd fill two weeks ago and have lost 4 lbs. I'm up to 3.5cc. I asked her to fill me up and she did!:cursing: I drink 2 protien drinks a day and some string cheese. occassionally I can get down yogurt and a snack bar or fruit. I try to eat more but it doesnt go down very good:frown:. Is it possible to not eat enough? or should I be satisfied with where Im at? I have lost only 10 lbs since the 12-12-2008 surgery date. any input?

Hello fellow Hotties...got my 3 fill on Monday and boy what a difference!! I have a total of 4cc in a 10cc band. EVERYTHING gets "stuck" even if I chew well. But I kinda like it because I eat or should I say drink 2 protien shakes a day with yougart or applesause...and thats about it. As soon a the swelling goes down, it will be different...probably like every other time with little restriction. Sounds like for the most part everyone is doing well. Weight loss is SO SLOW, but I guess thats what they told us in the beginning, but wow...its slow!! Im down about 27-28 pounds since surgery, but for the small amount I eat, it should be 50!! Sometimes I get a little discouraged, but then I come and read the blogs and it helps!! Keep up the good work!!

Hi All, Congrats JoanMarie, i hope I can get to the at point soon. Am cutting out the grazing and changing exercising, but don't get that full sensation likepost surgery (when all was swollen) Will get my 3rd fill next Wed, Expect a lecture on my weight.

So I had my second fill yesterday... and holy smolley, what a difference 2cc's can make... I went from 4cc's to 6cc's in my realize band!! This morning, I could actually "feel" my Vitamins slowly move down my throat... kinda creepy...

But the good thing is that it looks like I am moving towards that true feeling of restriction. I cannot "eat" till tonight (liquids for 24 hrs) so I wonder what the first bite of food will be like??

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Take care Hotties! :biggrin:

So I had my second fill yesterday... and holy smolley, what a difference 2cc's can make... I went from 4cc's to 6cc's in my realize band!! This morning, I could actually "feel" my Vitamins slowly move down my throat... kinda creepy...

But the good thing is that it looks like I am moving towards that true feeling of restriction. I cannot "eat" till tonight (liquids for 24 hrs) so I wonder what the first bite of food will be like??

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Take care Hotties! :biggrin:

Just be sure you take it very slowly with those first bites! You will probably have pretty tight restriction, esp till the swelling goes down in a few days. I have the Realize band also - 3rd fill gave me 6cc last Monday (3/2). Swelling is down now and I still have good restriction - for the first time I really feel banded! It's hard for me to get those morning Vitamins down - I think it helps to have some coffee or hot tea first - the warmth seems to open things up a bit. I have to watch the size of bites now, and eat very slowly. It just takes some getting used to - and I'm very happy with my restriction at this point.

Hello all you Holiday Hotties, It's been awhile. Congrats on all the weight loss and overcoming the ups, downs, and challenges! :tt1: Lets not forget to Celebrate the little victories along the way, like fitting into some of your favorite smaller clothing, seeing the scale numbers go down , feeling lighter, reducing meds, and getting some compliments too! I am so happy to be "really doing it " this time - we're gonna win, right? :thumbup: I am down almost 40 lbs since my Dec. 26 surgery, that weight loss includes the 2 week pre and post op liquid diet. I didn't have my 1st fill untill Feb. 9th, got only 1 cc because the doc said I was doing very well and I said I didn't want to push it and get sick easily. Didn't feel too much restriction, but enough for me for now. They told us not to eat red meat for 6 months and be careful with chicken, and chicken is a little tricky sometimes. I have been slowly increasing my exercise :Banane43:to about 5 days a week, I just walk 3 days a week and have added weights 2 days a week, also swam once, it was great but I need a new bathing suit. I have back and knee problems so I am achy a lot. What do you all take for aches and pains? :tt1: Before surgery I took advil daily, that's supposedly a no-no for us, but Tylenol is not an anti-inflammatory and doesn't do much to help.:frown: I have taken 1 pill crushed up in a little crystal light, a few times, her and there, no problem. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gigi

Hi everyone! Well, I had my 2nd fill two weeks ago and have lost 4 lbs. I'm up to 3.5cc. I asked her to fill me up and she did!:thumbup: I drink 2 protien drinks a day and some string cheese. occassionally I can get down yogurt and a snack bar or fruit. I try to eat more but it doesnt go down very good:frown:. Is it possible to not eat enough? or should I be satisfied with where Im at? I have lost only 10 lbs since the 12-12-2008 surgery date. any input?

Debi H. 10 pounds is great and you have lost 4 pounds in the last two weeks? It doesn’t look like your eating enough from what you’ve written. There is the possibility that you’re not eating enough and your weight will hold on to whatever it can hold on to. Hope your using “fitday” or a source to help us calculate our nutrients and calories. We're all in this together and the decision to become heathier makes me so proud of us.

Deb, I agree with Vickie - you might not be getting enough to eat. If you eat too little your metabolism slows down to practically nothing because your body thinks you are starving and you have to hold on to every ounce of energy (in the form of fat). You should also be eating more solid Protein. Each meal should be 3-4 ounces of Protein - meat, fish, poultry, eggs - eaten first, then vegies, then starches if you have any room left. Try not to depend on the Protein drinks, as they go right through the pouch and will not help you keep hunger away. Cut your food into very small pieces and chew everything until it is liquid consistency. Eat slowly. As Vickie suggested, be sure to track your food intake, at least until you are confident you are getting it right. FitDay.com is a good place to do that, also Dailyplate.com and sparkpeople.com. If you have the Realize band, their website has a good food diary. The band is great - but you need to be sure you are eating a healthy diet, or you will miss out on important nutrition.

Hugs,

Just wondering ....................... has anyone heard from Pete from Jupiter? I wonder how he's doing and some of the others we heard a lot from during December. Hope all is well. Good to see you still on here Joann Marie, I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Welcome to the new ones too , always good to see new faces and get new input. I hope to be a little more active and computer savvy, must learn how to put a ticker on here!

Hi all, I just had my 3rd fill yesterday. Now at 5 and a fraction ccs. Also lost weight# (4 in 3 weeks) !! now they say an average of 1#/week is OK, which is about what I'm doing now. :w00t: Also gave up 1 asthma med today !!!

I've been thinking about Pete from Jupitor a lot lately - haven't heard from him for a long time. I hope he and his family are doing okay. It's good to hear from you, Aunt GiGi. How is your weight loss going? I hope you are feeling good restriction and losing those pounds.

Good job, Sue. I have 6cc for the last 2 weeks and I'm feeling good restriction. I'm supposed to have a fill on Friday (3/20), but I'm not sure I will do that. I feel pretty good right now and I don't want the problems of being too tight. My arthritis has been bad the last couple of weeks - exercise always goes down while that is happening. I need to get back with it!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Eat healthy and move!

Aunt Gigi has the same questions I have about taking medication for pain. I just swollow the pain medication of my choice. I also have liquid pain medication prescribe right after surgery that I had refilled HyDR/APAP 7.5/500/15 EL I guess a good question for the doctors .Gigi wrote:I have back and knee problems so I am achy alot. What do you all take for aches and pains? confused.gif Before surgery I took advil daily, that's supposedly a no-no for us, but Tylenol is not an anti-inflammatory and doesn't do much to help.frown.gif I have taken 1 pill crushed up in a little crystal light, a few times, her and there, no problem. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gigi

Edited by Vickie

Hello everyone, good to hear from some of the people who havent posted in a while. I had my 3rd fill on March 2 and still feeling good restriction.

I am suppose to go back for another 1/2 cc on March 30, but think I will reschedule that app. I was very tight up untill about 4-5 days ago with this last fill and I dont want that feeling back. It was awful, but I lost 5 pounds!! Thats a plus:thumbup:!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the hard work!!

Hi ALL, I think i have that 'sweet spot" find I may be eating too fast, again. But lost 3# this week in total. Even with a sinus infection, antibiotics, and prednisone!

Those of you with arthritis, Have you seen the liquid tylenol medications? Even plain tylenol , some for colds, flu, and allergies. i don't thinkI've seen liquid aspirin for adults but this tylemol may be a solution . i cannot tolerate most anti inflammatory meds needing a prescription, and even some OTC versions-esp advil, so tylenol, arthritis is my option for osteoarthritis and routine aches and pains.