Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

A call from my surgeon's office this week cleared me for a surgery date of December 4th. I'm excited and I'm looking for others who have a lapband on their Christmas list. Come join me in my Quest for holiday party ideas for those of us on clear liquids! Does this mean I can't even have eggnog??? No Christmas Cookies???

We should be able to think of some fun and interesting names for our December group. Any ideas are welcome!

Winter Wonders

Holiday Belles (might be a bit sexist...)

December Stars

_______________ (your ideas here...)

Hey Joann I have my surgery date for Dec 9 finally I know we have both been waiting for a long time. I have a recipe for Eggnog Protein shake.

Carol

Edited by Justmeuknow

Wow! I'm so excited someone answered my post! I was a little disappointed to be waiting another 2 months, but it's been this long, I guess it can be a little longer. I finally put a ticker in my signature block - chose a winter scene since the big day is in December.

I haven't heard from you for a while. Have you been on other threads, or just got tired of being the one without the band? I confess sometimes I feel just a bit envious of the folks that are on their way, but I know my day is coming - and now we know when! Yay for us!

JoAnn I don't know why I don't post more I should but I guess as of yet I'm feel on the outside looking in. Now that we have been approved can we start losing weight. I guess I should call some one. Hey what pre diet are you going to be on?

Carol

Hi Carol,

I agree it's kinda hard when everyone has been banded and we're just looking in. After a while I decided to go ahead and respond anyway. I figure they can get to know us a little before we are in their boat with them.

I did not talk a lot with the surgeon about pre surgery diet. She did say I would be on liquids for a week before surgery, but did not elaborate about what kind of liquids (I suspect the clear ones!). I am calling their office this week to get a little more information about that so I can have everything on hand. They have not mentioned any weight loss prior to surgery. I am watching closely and practicing the small bite/chew-a-lot techniques. My weight has been pretty stable for the last 6 months after going up some after my knee began to give me fits. I'm also starting an exercise program - slowly right now, but pick it up as I go along. I would like to have habits in place before December.

What's your pre surgery diet plan?

Hi- I have just recently set a date of Dec. 11, tentative. I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do, but getting hubby on board has been difficult. I think I've finally got him convinced. I've been reading lots of different threads and trying to forsee any issues that might arise. I like the idea of it not being permanent but it seems that getting the correct fill is time intensive and possibly painful! No real question here, just sharing..., but would like to start posting more and get mentally prepared for the change. :)

Kathy

Hi- I have just recently set a date of Dec. 11, tentative. I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do, but getting hubby on board has been difficult. I think I've finally got him convinced. I've been reading lots of different threads and trying to forsee any issues that might arise. I like the idea of it not being permanent but it seems that getting the correct fill is time intensive and possibly painful! No real question here, just sharing..., but would like to start posting more and get mentally prepared for the change. :)

Kathy

Hi Kathy - welcome to December! I think most of us have come to this decision after a lot of research and consideration - at least I hope there has been a lot of both. It's not an easy decision, but the research I have done has convinced me that it is right for me. (I would not presume to make that choice for anyone else!) I hope you begin to feel more comfortable with your decision. Probably as you feel comfortable, your husband will feel better about it, too. I agree mental preparation is very important. I've become an avid LBTalk fan in the last few months. I think we hear a wide range of comments and encouragement here, and it helps me a lot. I worry a little about pain and discomfort, too - but immediately my mind goes to my knees and ankles, and I know that pain is a lot more of a problem for me because it is with me all the time and is only going to get worse if I don't lose weight and keep it off.

That's just me, of course, and has been part of my own mental preparation. Good luck to you on your journey. Hope you stick around and play with us...

Kathy

Hi there welcome to the December group it nice to be first in line and more will join I'm sure. Please come back and visit often.

Carol

Hi Carol,

I agree it's kinda hard when everyone has been banded and we're just looking in. After a while I decided to go ahead and respond anyway. I figure they can get to know us a little before we are in their boat with them.

I did not talk a lot with the surgeon about pre surgery diet. She did say I would be on liquids for a week before surgery, but did not elaborate about what kind of liquids (I suspect the clear ones!). I am calling their office this week to get a little more information about that so I can have everything on hand. They have not mentioned any weight loss prior to surgery. I am watching closely and practicing the small bite/chew-a-lot techniques. My weight has been pretty stable for the last 6 months after going up some after my knee began to give me fits. I'm also starting an exercise program - slowly right now, but pick it up as I go along. I would like to have habits in place before December.

What's your pre surgery diet plan?

Good question Joann:

I have sign-up for Water arobic and been going a few times a week.

I need to start eating at the table with my cute Stainless silverware. ( didn't find any cute kids silverware I really liked but its time to use them )and learn to chew chew chew and chew some more.

I got a Wii and the Wii Fitness Board but its a like hard yet on my hip, and Back but its not going anywhere and will be able to use it soon God Willing.

Talk at you later Joann

Edited by Justmeuknow

Some of the ideas I had:

Winter Wonders

Holiday Belles

December Stars

I think we should keep it fairly short and I was thinking about using the holiday and/or winter theme...

Any other ideas? We could also wait until we have more folks getting their December dates. No hurry - we have a few weeks.

Hi Tas31. Welcome to this group. I am not on Optifast now, but I have done that program in the past. In fact, I've done a couple of the liquid diet programs. They work great, but they are very hard to stay on long-term (and that's what I did). The last time I lost 40 pounds in 5 months. The last 2 months of that program included vegetables and fruit and I still lost, though not as quickly as with the liquid only. It is just as difficult to keep that weight off as any other diet - in fact probably harder. I began to slowly gain very soon while still in maintenance, though I was still exercising and tracking my food. I continued in the classes for 5 months after the diet - everyone in the class was gaining slowly no matter what they did. For me it was not a long term solution - obviously, or I would not be planning for the band. I think our bodies hold on to every scrap of fat for as long as they can, and when we go back to a diet that provides real food, the body says, "well, thank goodness she came to her senses and is feeding me again, now we can get back to where we belong." and the ride begins again.

I was supposed to be banded today but due to ins issues my new date is Dec 10th. I guess it was fate, i am soo sick right now, cold i think im very congested :tt1:

i'll add the idea of "Holiday Hotties" lol guys can be hotties too

I was supposed to be banded today but due to ins issues my new date is Dec 10th. I guess it was fate, i am soo sick right now, cold i think im very congested :tt1:

i'll add the idea of "Holiday Hotties" lol guys can be hotties too

Welcome Goose!

Okay - I guess as of now the name "Holiday Belles" is out! Remove that one and add in "Holiday Hotties" instead. Your are right, guys absolutely can be hotties!

Sorry to hear about the postponement of your surgery date, but we're glad to have you in our December group. Also sorry to hear you have a cold. That's miserable - I just got over one myself. Try Mucinex (sp?) for the congestion - I was surprised at how well it worked for me.

Glad to have you join us.