Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Onehotmoma, Good Luck!!

Gerber strained meats really aren't bad...I do use a bit of salt, pepper & onion or garlic powder. Gerber strained fruits are not bad in yogurt & cream of rice or wheat. However, forget Gerber strained veggies...NASTY!! Actually, my treats are my Protein shakes... try this one: Crystal Light Cherry/Pomagranite with Cookies & Cream powder (GNC), 12oz. Water, 1/2-1 cup ice!!! I think my weight is down 20+ lbs. since Thanksgiving... slow but steady. Will check back soon. Do we have a band count yet for the month?? MarilynC.

Hi December Hotties:

I had my band done on December 9th in Tijuana Mexico with Dr. Lopez Corvala and everything went perfect for me thus far. The facility was clean and the service was superb. I don't know how to do that ticker thing that looks so clever that I see the rest of you using. God Bless all of Us that took this step and we have to keep in mind that this is a wonderful marvelous tool and we must use it wisely. We are so lucky to be here at a time that such an invention is being used to help us. I have already stopped having acid reflux and my blood pressure medication I had to cease because my pressure was low. I am excited about becoming healthy and able to get out of this bed that I have been spending too much time in. I want to live life not sleep through it. I believe that after I lose this 60 pounds my back will not be in such pain and life will be worth living. Thank God for this operation and those of us that have chosen to change our lives. I once read:To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. This applies to the December Hotties.

Warm Regards to us all and cheers to the New Year!

Vickie

Hi All Tommarow is my big day I am so excited and ready to do this I have lost 13 lbs on the pre op diet I live in orange Park florida so if there is anyone looking for a buddy thats me.... I love this web site it has helped me calm so of my fears ... I agree Christmas is was tough. But my eyes and mind keep thinking I cant wait to walk into any store and by a pair of jeans. I have been heavy most of my life Im 48 and just got divoriced. I will say this 2009 is the me year Im soing this for me and my heath in order to live better and do more things. I think all of you that opost are awsome and we need to help each other. food has always been my friend and my comfort zone I am a stress eater. So good luck all... Wiah me luck for in the am is my day :tongue_smilie:

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Had my surgery on the 19th, I'm a little over a week recovered, and I'm down 14 pounds and 2 inches off of my hips! I'm struggling though, I only had to stay on Clear Liquids for 1 day but my surgeon wants me to stay on pureed or blenderized foods till I go back to see him on Jan 22nd! I feel I'm ready to move on to mushy foods, but I really want to stick with the program I just hate having to put everything through the blender! I'm doing well sticking to it otherwise, although I don't think I'm getting quite enough Protein in each day, I'm going to pick up some Protein Powder and powdered nonfat milk, anyone else having to stay on phase 2 for so long?

Anywho, just wanted to say hi, and good luck to all those who are still preparing for surgery!

Hi All Tommarow is my big day I am so excited and ready to do this I have lost 13 lbs on the pre op diet I live in orange Park florida so if there is anyone looking for a buddy thats me.... I love this web site it has helped me calm so of my fears ... I agree Christmas is was tough. But my eyes and mind keep thinking I cant wait to walk into any store and by a pair of jeans. I have been heavy most of my life Im 48 and just got divoriced. I will say this 2009 is the me year Im soing this for me and my heath in order to live better and do more things. I think all of you that opost are awsome and we need to help each other. food has always been my friend and my comfort zone I am a stress eater. So good luck all... Wiah me luck for in the am is my day :frown:

You are in my thoughts and prayers today, mmnairn. I hope you have a successful surgery and speedy recovery. You are changing your life for the better and I wish you all the best. Food has been a best friend to all of us - and we are all going to learn how to be our own best friend over the next months as food becomes just another part of the day, and a healthy lifestyle becomes our new life goal. Please post soon and let us know how your are doing...

Hi mmnairn. I have and am holding you in prayer...hope all goes well with your surgery and your up and walking by now. Hydration & walking are the 2 keys to minimizing pain & gas and quicking the healing process!!

I went for my 1st post-op appt. today and the staples were removed and my diet was advanced to soft/mushies. DH took me to Cracker Barrel for dry grilled catfish with 1 tbsp. mashed potatoes & 1 tbsp applesauce and I was satisified. Sometimes I find myself expecting to still be "hungry", but I'm not! Well gotta go... I am going to get up early tomorrow to practice one of my upcoming New years resolutions...to spend 30 min each day in my sewing room working on something for ME (the housework will be there when I'm through PLAYING). MarilynC.

Hi Marilyn,

I tried that 30 minute thing... 30 minutes turns into 5 hours before I know it! Oh well. The housework can wait a little longer IMHO! I love to sew - can't wait to get back to the projects after all the holiday stuff. First I have to clean off the work table, as it was a gift wrapping station during the holidays and I can no longer see the top of it. My project for the week.

Hey all you Holiday Hotties, are we all banded yet? I had mine done on the 26th and have been home recovering since the 27th. I was very uncomfortable and weak the first 3 days but am better every day, still a little weak though. I am back on the liquid diet I had to do 2 weeks before banding and my post op appt. is Mon. I'll also meet with the nutritionist then too and hopefully she'll give me "the mushies" I lost 14 lbs before surgery and about 5 more since. I had laproscopic surgery but my tummy is still bruised and swollen, how bout you all? Well, the important thing is that we were brave and strong enough to take this major step in our lives and I am so proud we all did! :laugh: Happy New Year Hotties, may this year bring us health and happines! Gigi from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

Barngal 2003, You are going too fast. I had 2 weeks of liquids (total) then 2 weeks of pureed foods an am only on soft foods at 4 weeks( 12/28/08) . Finding the transition to each phase is different. The more regular the food consistency, the more likely to have problems. Did fine until i hit pureed with some foods. Things went smoother until i tried sauerkraut today- while on soft foods- too stringy at the moment.( Not Fun) You don't want to PB or vomit. :confused: So listen to the doctor!!

ok so taday is day three after surgery i am sore but so happy oh did I say Im so happy. I am a little gasey but seems to be going away I am so happy to have found everyone so nice and helpfull... 2009 is my year for me... :}

mmnairn,

Congrats, !! You've come this far, there si no turning basck at this point. 2009 will be the year for all us

Holiday Hotties!!

Try walking and Gas-ex strips for the gas. If they gave you pain meds, do take them... and rest..

Hi Sue, I know I don't want to have problems, but what little I have ventured on to, that are mushy have gone down fine. I'm being very careful. I'm also sticking VERY strictly to the diet part, the actual guidelines of what to eat, and I'm now down 16 lbs, but I can't help but feel like I'm not doing enough......I've been exercising

Seriously, I've been doing as much as I can without lifting over 15 lbs, I've had to be moving out of my apartment at school by myself basically so I've gotten a lot of exercise from it, but do you all feel that you aren't doing anything? Or aren't enough? I'm already in the back of my mind thinking, this isn't going to work, I'm not doing it right, I'm going to fail...anyone else experiencing that?

Hi Sue, I know I don't want to have problems, but what little I have ventured on to, that are mushy have gone down fine. I'm being very careful. I'm also sticking VERY strictly to the diet part, the actual guidelines of what to eat, and I'm now down 16 lbs, but I can't help but feel like I'm not doing enough......I've been exercising

Seriously, I've been doing as much as I can without lifting over 15 lbs, I've had to be moving out of my apartment at school by myself basically so I've gotten a lot of exercise from it, but do you all feel that you aren't doing anything? Or aren't enough? I'm already in the back of my mind thinking, this isn't going to work, I'm not doing it right, I'm going to fail...anyone else experiencing that?

I keep wanting to exercise also and know how important it will be, but remind myself that right now my job is to heal, stick to the diet, and walk.

About the timing of the different diet stages -- each surgeon seems to have his/her own timeline for these stages. My doc had me on clear liquids for 2 days, full liquids for 1 week, then to mushies and said I should transition from mushies to a regular diet over the next 4 weeks. I am just now (beginning of 4th week) carefully eating small bites of chicken, ground beef, turkey, etc. I have been eating soft fish for the last week. I am careful to make sure the meat is tender. Vegies have been cooked tender. I have had some salad vegies, chewed VERY WELL. The key for each of us is to FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S guidelines. If you run into any trouble you want to be sure you have followed his/her guidelines so they can help you with further suggestions. This 4-5 weeks before the first fill is time for healing - don't worry about losing weight during this time. And BarnGal - please don't worry about failure. You will follow the rules, make the right food choices, exercise - and you will be successful. Why do you think we are Holiday Hotties???