Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

thanks so much for all the support and prayers they got through surgery went fine it was only 30mins. no real pain. only had the dry hives for some reason. but, it was under control. glad that i had it done.:biggrin:

China, you are in my thoughts and prayers today as you undergo your surgery - for a successful surgery and very speedy recovery. God bless...
Hi team...well my band day is finally here!! It is 2:30AM and I am leaving for the hospital (2-1/2 hr. trip) accompanied by DH & DDog. Thanks to all of you have prayed & are praying for me. China, my twin, I will be praying for you! MarilynC[/quote

Marilyn, you are in my prayers today and every day. I look forward to hearing from you very soon - you know all your friends are waiting! Just do what you are told (!) and you will be feeling great in no time. I'm a week-and-half out now, and feeling pretty good. Arthritis is a problem today (multiple weather fronts always to this to me!), but incisions are healed, port pain is lessening, I'm able to be creative in coming up with a newly discovered mushie, and all-in-all doing well. I am down about 16 pounds - about half of that during pre-op diet, the rest post-banding. With mushies that loss has slowed, but that's to be expected. Post-op visit was good, I can start light exercising late this week.

You will be feeling better in a matter of days, and from there it is much smoother. God is your protector and sustainer - and He is going to be right there with you. Bless your DH and DDog, too! :smile2:

Hi all,

I was banded on 12/15 and was home yesterday by noon. Surgery went perfect. Just waiting for the gas to pass now. They kept me in bed until midnight because lack of a bed for me and was stuck in recovery. I had my gall bladder out in 2000 and feel this is much less. I am looking forward to a healthly 2009. Good luck to all.:smile2:

Hi all,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well ~ can't believe we are halfway through the month now.

Yesterday was 2 weeks for me. I'm feeling so much better, just a little tenderness at the port site and an occasional "stitch" in the side pain. I went back to work on Mon.

I had my post-op appt on Mon, DR said everything is looking good and he said to start doing activities as I feel up to it. I go back on Jan 5 for my first fill. He said come back the week after Christmas but no appts were available that were good for me. Oh, and I'm down 16 lbs from my first appt, lost 9 on the pre-op diet and 7 since surgery.

I am on soft foods now, wonderful! The hardest thing for me right now is no drinking while eating, I find myself reaching for a glass then snatching my hand back... I need to up my liquid intake between meals too.

For those still in pain, it gets better every day. I think day 4 and 5 were the worst for me, had the gas issues the most those days. It's all uphill from here : )

im doing alright just having a problem with the drinking part did anyone else have that problem. yesterday i had 3 popsickles and 4ozs of liquid for the whole day and night wasn't hungry. seems like i get full just taking the medication.

im doing alright just having a problem with the drinking part did anyone else have that problem. yesterday i had 3 popsickles and 4ozs of liquid for the whole day and night wasn't hungry. seems like i get full just taking the medication.

I've been keeping track of my ounces of liquids and grams of Protein every day with the goal of getting 64 ounces and 50 grams.

I'm sure if I wasn't tracking it, I wouldn't be getting in enough. Be careful! You don't want to get dehydrated!

hi veronica,

today was a better day im drinking alittle more trying to drink aleast every 2-3hrs. so its getting better as my throat is not as sore as before.:huh2:

I've been keeping track of my ounces of liquids and grams of Protein every day with the goal of getting 64 ounces and 50 grams.

I'm sure if I wasn't tracking it, I wouldn't be getting in enough. Be careful! You don't want to get dehydrated!

hi veronica,

today was a better day im drinking alittle more trying to drink aleast every 2-3hrs. so its getting better as my throat is not as sore as before.:huh2:

That's good to hear. My throat was sore the first day, but my shoulder has been really sore since surgery. I go for my 1-week check-up tomorrow and will ask the doctor if there is anything that can be done about it. I have a feeling I'll just have to wait it out.

Hi there all!... When it comes to liquids, I was never a big drinker. so, I prefill 4 16 oz bottles, every night with allowable liquids, including my Protein Drink. During the day, I make sure I always have one or two of them with me... that's the only way I know I'm drinking enough...and, it really works...sometimes I'm done by the middle of the day!

When does the pain in your side go away? That's my biggest complaint. I'm one week out and everything else is going well, I'm doing fine on mushies, drinking lots of Water but my side really hurts if I lean forward while sitting down or pick up something too heavy, like my baby. I'm still taking pain meds for the side pain.

hi veronica you will have to let me know how your appointment went. i dont go for mine till tuesay. and are you taking gas x. it really has been a life saver for me. other than the walking, Water and gas relief stuff i think its just a waiting game.

That's good to hear. My throat was sore the first day, but my shoulder has been really sore since surgery. I go for my 1-week check-up tomorrow and will ask the doctor if there is anything that can be done about it. I have a feeling I'll just have to wait it out.

hi veronica you will have to let me know how your appointment went. i dont go for mine till tuesay. and are you taking gas x. it really has been a life saver for me. other than the walking, Water and gas relief stuff i think its just a waiting game.

Hi China. When I woke up this morning, the shoulder pain was a whole lot better. Not completely gone, but a whole lot better. My one-week went well. The doctor was pleased that I'd lost 10 lbs. I go back on the 19th of January to see if I'm ready for my first fill or not. When I mentioned the shoulder to the doctor, he seemed to indicate that you just have to wait for it to go away. I was going to buy Gas-X, but from reading on here, I got the impression that it didn't do much. Hmmm... maybe I should have tried it. I've been walking about a half a mile each day. After I reach that point, I feel a little flush, so think maybe I shouldn't push it yet. Before surgery, I'd walk 2 miles at nighttime, but not not consistently.

hey veronica, 10lbs that is great i keep wondering what i have lost if any as i know i still have the gas in there some. but, yes girl the gas x does wonders please try it or beano. i was to working out and walking like hell at the gym i cant wait to get back there i feel lost. but, only gonna walk on the treadmill till the soreness is gone and the dr says i can go back to weights. if you dont mind me asking how much do you weigh.

Hi China. When I woke up this morning, the shoulder pain was a whole lot better. Not completely gone, but a whole lot better. My one-week went well. The doctor was pleased that I'd lost 10 lbs. I go back on the 19th of January to see if I'm ready for my first fill or not. When I mentioned the shoulder to the doctor, he seemed to indicate that you just have to wait for it to go away. I was going to buy Gas-X, but from reading on here, I got the impression that it didn't do much. Hmmm... maybe I should have tried it. I've been walking about a half a mile each day. After I reach that point, I feel a little flush, so think maybe I shouldn't push it yet. Before surgery, I'd walk 2 miles at nighttime, but not not consistently.

I got banded yesterday! I'm feeling pretty weird today, pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be....so far. I've been doing a lot of sleeping and walking every hour. I think I have some gas pain in my right shoulder. I'm not hungry at all just really thirsty. I'm just glad it's over with.

hey veronica, 10lbs that is great i keep wondering what i have lost if any as i know i still have the gas in there some. but, yes girl the gas x does wonders please try it or beano. i was to working out and walking like hell at the gym i cant wait to get back there i feel lost. but, only gonna walk on the treadmill till the soreness is gone and the dr says i can go back to weights. if you dont mind me asking how much do you weigh.

I was 220 morning of surgery, 210 now, hoping to get to 140.

Hello Joanne,

My date is Dec 30th and I am so excited!!!

How do I get the "Holiday Hottie" stamp for my profile?

It is awesome!! Thanks! :tongue_smilie: ~Steph

hi. my date is dec. 30th too. how are you doing?